Dr. Erin Leonard is a psychologist practicing in Mishawaka, Indiana. Dr. Leonard specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Leonard evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Leonard because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
University of Iowa
University of Michigan
Areas of expertise and specialization
- The Battle against Juvenile Bullying: The Plague of Child and Teen Bullying in the Schools and How to Stop It.
What do you attribute your success to?
- Being extremely empathetic, having great professors and her knowledge of child development helps her to look at cases through a more humanitarian lens and is able to identify early trauma.
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Ghosts in the Nursery- Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Children's Hospital of Chicago
Erin K. Leonard's Practice location
Mishawaka, Indiana 46530 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Erin K. Leonard | Psychologist | Psychotherapy
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Erin K. Leonard's reviewsWrite Review
- Autism and 'The Good Doctor': Is it Accurate?
ABC's new hit show has taken television by storm with its dynamic character of Shaun Murphy, who is an autistic surgeon. However, many wonder: Does the show paint an accurate picture?Only one viewWhile it is great that there are more shows than ever before that have characters on the autism spectrum...
- How to Teach Children About Autism
Parenthood is basically one long teaching job. All parents want their children to grow up to be healthy, well-loved, and good people. This is not easily done. There are so many misconceptions in society about a variety of issues that children can be taught to ignore. Parents also want to ensure that...
- Everything You Need To Know About Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) — also referred to as clinical depression — and Dysthymia are two of the most common types of depression. While there are some less common types too, MDD is a condition that is quite common among people today. In fact, according to the National Institute of...
- Psychotherapy for Bipolar Disorder
Bipolar disorder is a type of brain disorder that results in a sudden shift of a person's mood, energy, activity, and sometimes, how a person carries out his or her daily activities. It has always been known that pharmacotherapy is the effective treatment for people with bipolar disorder. However,...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- How Music Therapy Benefits Autism
At some point in their lives, most people feel distressed by the way others see them. It’s common for others to see people for surface level qualities rather than who they truly are. This can be amplified while living with a condition such as autism. One of the main challenges that people with...
- Dr. Wendy Settle PH.D. 3625 Park Place West Mishawaka IN 46545
- Dr. Harold B Smith PYS.D. 9067 Us Highway 31 Berrien Springs MI 49103
- Dr. Hugh J. Van auken CP 230 E Day Rd Mishawaka IN 46545
- Dr. Michael Richard Mitcheff PSY.D. 210 S RACE ST MISHAWAKA IN 46544
- Dr. Alan H Wax PHD HSPP 113 Lincolnway E Mishawaka IN 46544
- Dr. Rachel Njuguna PHD 403 E Madison St South Bend IN 46617