Ahmad B. Ardekani, MD, is a psychiatrist with over 40 years of experience with his own private practice, Ardekani Stress Clinic in St. Louis, Missouri. He is also affiliated with St. Anthonyï¿½s Medical Center. Dr. Ardekani was educated at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences and completed residencies at Washington University and Barnes-Jewish Hospital. He is board certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Education and Training
MD at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Shiraz Univ of Med Sci, Shiraz, Iran 1974
Pahlavi University / School of Medicine (Shiraz University) 1974
Shiraz University Of Medical Sciences Medical
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Teaches Medical Students Clinical Psychiatry at Saint Louis University -
- Substance Abuse, Psychiatry
- Wash Univ Sch Of Med, Psychiatry; Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Psychiatry
- Barnes Jewish Hospital S Campus
- Washington Surgery Center
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Washington University School of Medicine- 1979
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics
What do you attribute your success to?
- He is very personable, listens to his patients and has a good rapport with all of his patients and colleagues.
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Mountain Biking, Enjoys All Types of Music
Favorite professional publications
- The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Annals of General Psychiatry
Dr. Ahmad B. Ardekani MD's Practice location
St Louis, MO 63128Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Ahmad B. Ardekani MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Ahmad B. Ardekani MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ardekani
- Nymphomania: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
Nymphomania is a mental disorder. The person shows characteristic compulsive sexual behavior. Compulsive means unwanted actions and rituals. The person repeatedly engages in it without getting any pleasure out of it, or the person is unable to control the behaviors. A person with nymphomania acts...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- What Medications Help in Treating Eating Disorders?
According to statistics, binge eating disorder is very common among young adults in the United States in comparison to anorexia and bulimia. In the last couple years, it has been treated as real medical disorder. According to the Youth Risk Behavior survey that was conducted in 2001, 35 percent of...
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust of closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at surfaces that have small clustered holes. Few of the examples would be the head of the lotus seed pod or the body of a...
- What Is Trichotillomania: Risk Factors and Treatment
IntroductionTrichotillomania is a type of mental disorder, which involves an irresistible and recurrent urge to pull out one's hair from the scalp and other parts of the body with hair, in spite of having the desire to stop. Due to hair pulling, the scalp tends to have patchy bald spots, which can...
- Dr. Sanjeev M. Kamat MD3507 Texas Avenue Street Level St. Louis Missouri 63118
- Dr. Vadim Y. Baram MD10199 Woodfield Ln. Saint Louis MO 63132
- Dr. Christa L. Hines M.D.7234 Gayola Place St. Louis Missouri 63143
- Dr. Thomas Michael Moran MD889 S BRENTWOOD SAINT LOUIS MO 63105
- Dr. Azfar Malik M.D.763 S NEW BALLAS RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63141
- Dr. Radhika Rao MD443 North New Ballas Road Creve Coeur Missouri 63141