Dr. Kevin Cannard practices Neuropathology in BETHESDA, MD. Dr. Cannard studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Education and Training
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medic 1987
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Dr. Kevin Robertson Cannard M.D.'s Practice location
BETHESDA, MD 20889Get Direction
Bethesda, MD 20889Get Direction
Dr. Kevin Robertson Cannard M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How an Understanding of Signaling Protein Can Help Treatment with Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is a neuromuscular disease that takes on multiple forms. It is caused by a genetic mutation, which makes cells unable to produce the proteins necessary for muscular growth. In muscular dystrophy, the tissues eventually break down and cause progressive muscular weakness.This...
- Study Confirms Molecular Link Between PTSD and Alzheimer's
An increasing amount of evidence suggests a link between post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) during early childhood and a higher probability of developing Alzheimer’s in old age. For the longest time, this theory remained just that--a theory. However, a more recent study may have discovered a...
- A Great Resource for Muscular Dystrophy Patients and Caregivers
There is a group of diseases which fall into the ‘neuromuscular disorders’ category and that are characterized by symptoms which, either directly or indirectly, impair the functioning of the muscles. The direct effect would be via the pathology of the voluntary muscle itself, while the indirect...
- Absence Epilepsy
Epilepsy is a disorder of the nervous system that causes seizures. Absence seizures, also called petit mal seizures, are brief seizures which usually last for 15 seconds or less. These seizures are so short that symptoms may not even be noticed. However, if an absence seizure is accompanied by loss...
- Can You Prevent Insomnia?
How to prevent Insomnia?Insomnia is a condition where one lacks sleep or finds it difficult to fall asleep. Approximately every person gets this type of disease as he or she grows towards old age. This condition mostly comes up from stress, poor dieting, having depression or feeling tired after long...
- Comparisons Between Duchenne and Becker Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disease caused by abnormal levels of dystrophin in the body, a protein necessary for maintaining muscle integrity for movement and for heart functions. It is characterized by progressive muscle atrophy and is also linked to a heart condition called cardiomyopathy. ...
- Maris Stella Legarda3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20007
- Dr. Michael R. Yochelson MD102 Irving Street Northwest Washington DC 20010
- Steven E. Lo Other3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20007
- Dr. Syed W Asad M.D.7500 Greenway Center Dr Greenbelt MD 20770
- Dr. Marianne Schuelein M.D.3301 New Mexico Ave Nw Washington DC 20016
- Dr. David Satinsky MD1201 SEVEN LOCKS RD ROCKVILLE MD 20854