Dr. Nancy Bacher is a psychologist practicing in Aventura, Florida. Dr. Bacher specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Bacher evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Bacher because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Nancy Bacher's Videos
Education and Training
Psy. D at Nova Southeastern University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Teaching -
- Taught at Florida Atlantic University and Nova Southeastern University -
- Worked With the Court System as an Expert Witness -
- American Psychological Association Award, Presidential Citation in Recognition of a Distinguished Career Advocating for the Public, 2005
- Florida Psychological Association Award “The Michael B. Spellman, Ph.D. Award Recognizing Leadership Through Example in Maintaining High Standards of Ethics and Service Within the Profession of Psychology”, 2005
- National Academies of Practice, 2004 Elected as a distinguished practitione
- Florida Psychological Association Award “Outstanding Contributions to the Florida Psychological Association for exemplary work on behalf of the FPA”, 2004
- Karl F. Heiser Award for Advocacy – American Psychological Association – 2001
- First Alumni Achievement Award Winner, The Center for Psychological Studies, Nova Southeastern University – 1999
- “Distinguished Psychologist” – Florida Psychological Association – 1999
- Professional Leadership Award - American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Fla Division March 14, 1997
Nancy Bacher's Practice location
- What is the Difference Between Anxiety and Depression?
All individuals, at some point or another in their life, undergo negative feelings like stress, sadness, anxiety, and depression. While these emotions are a normal part of everyone’s life, for certain people, they may turn into a serious medical condition that eventually impacts their quality of...
- What Is Narcissism? Signs and Symptoms of Narcissism
What is narcissism?Narcissism in today’s world has become a more complex term. In 2009, there was a study done where it estimated that 6 percent of people in the US are suffering from a full-blown narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).Narcissism is a personality disorder, wherein people tend to...
- How Depression Leads to COPD Medication Non-Adherence
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is a progressive disease that still does not have a cure. The World Health Organization predicts that COPD will become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide by 2030. The predominant cause for COPD is tobacco smoking. Most symptoms are irreversible,...
- Autism and 'The Good Doctor': Is it Accurate?
ABC's new hit show has taken television by storm with its dynamic character of Shaun Murphy, who is an autistic surgeon. However, many wonder: Does the show paint an accurate picture?Only one viewWhile it is great that there are more shows than ever before that have characters on the autism spectrum...
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- Psychotherapy vs. Counselling
What is psychotherapy?When a therapist assists his patient in understanding who they are, the process is called psychotherapy. The therapist will take you through a journey that will reorganize your personality. Your insights can then be integrated with your day to day behaviour. Psychotherapy will...
- Dr. Mitchell E. Spero PSY D350 Nw 70th Ave Fort Lauderdale FL 33317
- Norman Goldwasser975 West 41st Street Miami Beach Florida 33140
- Daniella Renee Lang3375 SW 75th Ave Davie FL 33314
- Leila Saavedra Charlemagne100 Northeast 38th Street Miami Florida 33137
- Dr. Sigal Levy PH.D.2699 Stirling Road Fort Lauderdale FL 33312
- Dr. Jeheudi Mes Onyemachi Vuai ED. D.11098 BISCAYNE BLVD MIAMI FL 33161