Dr. Nancy Bacher is a psychologist practicing in Aventura, Florida. Dr. Bacher specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Bacher evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Bacher because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
Psy. D at Nova Southeastern University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Teaching -
- Taught at Florida Atlantic University and Nova Southeastern University -
- Worked With the Court System as an Expert Witness -
- American Psychological Association Award, Presidential Citation in Recognition of a Distinguished Career Advocating for the Public, 2005
- Florida Psychological Association Award “The Michael B. Spellman, Ph.D. Award Recognizing Leadership Through Example in Maintaining High Standards of Ethics and Service Within the Profession of Psychology”, 2005
- National Academies of Practice, 2004 Elected as a distinguished practitione
- Florida Psychological Association Award “Outstanding Contributions to the Florida Psychological Association for exemplary work on behalf of the FPA”, 2004
- Karl F. Heiser Award for Advocacy – American Psychological Association – 2001
- First Alumni Achievement Award Winner, The Center for Psychological Studies, Nova Southeastern University – 1999
- “Distinguished Psychologist” – Florida Psychological Association – 1999
- Professional Leadership Award - American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Fla Division March 14, 1997
Nancy Bacher's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Nancy Bacher | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Nancy Bacher's reviewsWrite Review
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- Understanding Clinical Depression
Clinical depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects how an individual feels, thinks, and how he or she acts. Depression varies from mild to severe, and in certain instances the individual can experience temporary episodes of sadness.Clinical depression is also known as major...
- Why Is It That Some Children With Autism Find It Difficult To Recognize Faces?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1 in every 160 children has an autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ASD refers to a developmental disorder characterized by varying degrees of impaired social interaction, disturbances in communication and language, as well as repetitive...
- Can Robots Help Children with Autism in Ways that Humans Can't?
Kids love robots. They are mesmerized by their ability to be human-like, yet machine-like. Maybe they like them because they are like a toy come to life. They are somehow able to ‘think,’ react and move independently. Without technical knowledge an adult would have, kids are able to imagine them...
- How Autism Stigma Almost Killed a Young Boy
A young boy was in dire need of a transplant, but hospitals refused him due to his autism. After fighting the odds and getting the procedure, surviving, and thriving, he has started a conversation about preventing medical bias.Battle for a transplantLief was only nine years old when he became ill...
- What is Autism?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects an individual's communication, social, and interpersonal skills. For individuals with this neurological disorder, their normal brain development supporting communication and social skills are impaired. Autism is also known as autism spectrum disorder...
- Dr. Mitchell E. Spero PSY D12651 West Sunrise Blvd. Suite 101 Sunrise FL 33323
- Norman Goldwasser975 West 41st Street Miami Beach Florida 33140
- Leila Saavedra Charlemagne100 Northeast 38th Street Miami Florida 33137
- Dr. Lidia Cardone PH.D.2199 Ponce De Leon Blvd Coral Gables Florida 33134
- Dr. Eric Y Reznik PSY.D.17100 Royal Palm Blvd Fort Lauderdale FL 33326
- Dr. Sophie Guellati-Salcedo PH.D.1450 Madruga Avenue Coral Gables Florida 33146