Dr. Barbara Schell is a cosmetic medicine and surgery specialist practicing in Seattle, Washington . Dr. Schell specializes in the enhancement of appearance. Improving aesthetic, symmetry and proportion are key goals in cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic medicine has nothing to do with these specific areas not functioning properly; therefore, this elective field solely focuses on aesthetics and anti-aging.
Education and Training
Indiana University School of Medicine
American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
American Board of Dermatology
American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Population-based survey of complementary and alternative medicine usage, patient satisfaction, and physician involvement. South Carolina Complementary Medicine Program Baseline Research Team.
- Response to complementary and alternative medicine among family medicine and other primary care physicians in South Carolina.
- Evaluation of acetowhitening in Bowen's disease.
- Anti-inflammatory activity of antifungal preparations.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Dermatology at Indiana University Health
- Surgery at Indiana University Health
- Cosmetic Surgery at University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American Academy of Dermatology, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Articles and Publications
- Published Articles
- Published Chapters
What do you attribute your success to?
- A true love for her patients, listening and striving to stay on the cutting edge of new technology so she can offer the best results possible.
- Swedish Medical Center
Dr. Barbara J. Schell MD's Practice location
Seattle, Washington 98101Get Direction
SEATTLE, WA 98103Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Barbara J. Schell MD | Plastic Surgeon | Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Barbara J. Schell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schell
- Considering Blephoplasty...Here's What You Need to Know
Blepharoplasty also known as eye lid surgery is a surgical procedure carried out in patients to enhance the appearance of eye lids. It can be performed in the upper eye lid, the lower eye lid or both.Why is blepharoplasty done?Blepharoplasty is done for people who need to enhance the appearance of...
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- Do I Need DHEA Supplements?
DHEA supplements have a multitude of uses, depending on what the individual wants to improve on or in his or her body. These supplements can be used for building muscles, it can be used as an anti-aging supplement, and it can even be used to aid general health conditions. Yet, what is DHEA? Are DHEA...
- What Are the Risks of Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)One of the most carried out cosmetic surgery today is blepharoplasty. Sometimes, it is also performed for medical reasons. If your field of vision is blocked due to a sagging eyelid skin, then you might need an eyelid surgery. The primary goal of the surgery is to...
- Everything You Need to Know About Blepharoplasty
What is blepharoplasty?Sometimes known as eyelid surgery, blepharoplasty is a delicate surgical procedure performed on the eyelids. Its purpose is to improve the general appearance of the upper and lower eyelids. It can, therefore, be categorised as a plastic or cosmetic surgical operation. All...
- How Effective are Facelifts?
Facelift surgery is a cosmetic procedure that is known for reducing the age-related changes on skin, including wrinkles and sagging. Also known as rhytidectomy, this procedure is a very popular method for making one look younger. In this method, skin is repositioned after the tissues have been...
- Dr. Bryan Charles Mcintosh M.D.12301 Ne 10th Pl Bellevue WA 98005
- Dr. Richard Pierce Rand M.D.1135 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. George Guiho Min M.D.13114 120th Ave Ne Kirkland WA 98034
- Dr. Jan Zemplenyi M.D.1260 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. Paul Luu MD5420 Rainier Ave South Seattle WA 98118
- Dr. Peter Camullus Neligan MD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195