Psychologist20509 Morningside Terrace Sterling VA, 20165
Dr. Samira Joron-Badr is a psychologist practicing in Sterling, VA. Dr. Joron-Badr specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Joron-Badr evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Joron-Badr because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
Bachelor Degree at George Mason University
PhD at Howard University
Samira Joron-Badr's Expert Contributions
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectures Every Month Within Her Community -
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association
Articles and Publications
- In the Process of Publishing Her Work
What do you attribute your success to?
- The need for women, children and families to be happy and her diversity to increase awareness for different cultures. She wants to help respect each other and she loves to learn and to help her clients empower themselves.
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Reading, Traveling, Animals
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Clinical Psychology, PsycINFO Journal, International Journal of Multicultural Education
Samira Joron-Badr's Practice location
Sterling, VA 20165Get Direction
Samira Joron-Badr's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Joron-Badr
I met her for couple of sessions to help with some behavioral issues with my child and she was excellent.
She was very helpful helping me in my addiction problems. I was able to go back to normal life after about three month treatment.
I had several phone sessions with Dr. Samira and she helped me a lot to get back on my feet after depression that lasted two years. I highly recommend her.
I was treated with this psychologist for depression and anger management following my divorce She is excellent psychologist My symptoms were greatly improved after the second visit I would highly recommend to friends and families
- What is Autism?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects an individual's communication, social, and interpersonal skills. For individuals with this neurological disorder, their normal brain development supporting communication and social skills are impaired. Autism is also known as autism spectrum disorder...
- New Romantic Comedy Deemed an Honest Portrayal of People with Autism
Whether for a fun date night or an evening with friends, the romantic comedy has long been a staple in the film industry. From the many light-hearted and funny moments to the more touching scenes, a good romantic comedy leaves viewers feeling happy, which may be why the genre has been a favorite...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating is when you feel a strong need to eat large amounts of food at all times without having control over it. Everybody overeats once in a while when having favorite meals or when really hungry. However, when the overeating becomes frequent and gets out of control, it crosses the line from...
- Behavioral Therapy to Improve Children’s Sleep Apnea
Everyone loves a good night's sleep. Getting lots of rest during the night and waking up in the morning feeling refreshed and energized is a feeling that few things can surpass. However, more than an activity you simply partake in, getting a good night’s rest, according to Kim Cahill, RN, MSN,...
- Autism: A Life-Saving Database
One of the biggest concerns facing families of children or adults with autism or Alzheimer’s disease is how to prevent wandering. ...
- Phobia: What are the Different Types? How are they Treated?
What Is a Phobia?People usually have fears like drowning, getting hurt by knives, fire, cockroaches, etc. However, in some cases, the fears become so irrational that the person has severe anxiety and tries everything possible to avoid facing the situations they’re afraid of. When fears become...
- Dr. Hoorie Siddique PH.D.962 Wayne Avenue Silver Spring MD 20910
- Dr. David Newton Danforth Jr PH.D.Center for Cancer Research National Cancer Institute Bethesda MD 20892
- Leslie K. Dalton6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD3000 CONNECTICUT AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20008
- Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD11621 Yeatman Terrace Silver Spring Maryland 20902
- Dr. Jennifer Lynn Shore PSY.D.3554 CHAIN BRIDGE RD FAIRFAX VA 22030