Dr. Samira Joron-Badr is a psychologist practicing in Sterling, VA. Dr. Joron-Badr specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Joron-Badr evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Joron-Badr because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
Bachelor Degree at George Mason University
PhD at Howard University
Samira Joron-Badr's Expert Contributions
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectures Every Month Within Her Community -
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association
Articles and Publications
- In the Process of Publishing Her Work
What do you attribute your success to?
- The need for women, children and families to be happy and her diversity to increase awareness for different cultures. She wants to help respect each other and she loves to learn and to help her clients empower themselves.
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Reading, Traveling, Animals
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Clinical Psychology, PsycINFO Journal, International Journal of Multicultural Education
Samira Joron-Badr's Practice location
Sterling, VA 20165Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Samira Joron-Badr | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Samira Joron-Badr's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Joron-Badr
I met her for couple of sessions to help with some behavioral issues with my child and she was excellent.
She was very helpful helping me in my addiction problems. I was able to go back to normal life after about three month treatment.
I had several phone sessions with Dr. Samira and she helped me a lot to get back on my feet after depression that lasted two years. I highly recommend her.
I was treated with this psychologist for depression and anger management following my divorce She is excellent psychologist My symptoms were greatly improved after the second visit I would highly recommend to friends and families
- How Poetry Enables Children with Autism to Educate Others
It can be very difficult for children with autism to be understood by their classmates and peers, but recently some have been turning to poetry.Jadon's PoemCandace Thompson recently submitted a poem by her son Jadon, who is 11 years old and on the autism spectrum. When asked what inspired him to...
- Depression: Finding the Right Antidepressant
The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans take an antidepressant. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) reports that the rate of antidepressant use in the US among teens and adults has increased by 400% from the years 1988 to 1994 to 2005...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Is There a Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?
What is a Psychologist?A psychologist is a person who studies and evaluates the mental condition of his or her patient. The education of a psychologist starts with a college degree in psychology. After attaining a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts in psychology, the individual continues school...
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- How Google Glass Can Change How Kids with Autism Read and Speak
Typically, children with autism struggle communicating with others in back and forth conversations. For this reason, researchers at the University of Toronto have developed an app called Holli, which works with Google Glass and serves as an aid for children with ASD.The software has a program that...
- Dr. Hoorie Siddique PH.D.962 Wayne Avenue Silver Spring MD 20910
- Leslie K. Dalton6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD3000 CONNECTICUT AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20008
- Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD11621 Yeatman Terrace Silver Spring Maryland 20902
- Dr. Jennifer Lynn Shore PSY.D.3554 CHAIN BRIDGE RD FAIRFAX VA 22030
- Dr. Miriam E Beadle PH.D3000 Connecticut Ave Nw Washington DC 20008