Dr. Samira Joron-Badr is a psychologist practicing in Sterling, VA. Dr. Joron-Badr specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Joron-Badr evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Joron-Badr because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Education and Training
Bachelor Degree at George Mason University
PhD at Howard University
Samira Joron-Badr's Expert Contributions
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectures Every Month Within Her Community -
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association
Articles and Publications
- In the Process of Publishing Her Work
What do you attribute your success to?
- The need for women, children and families to be happy and her diversity to increase awareness for different cultures. She wants to help respect each other and she loves to learn and to help her clients empower themselves.
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Reading, Traveling, Animals
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Clinical Psychology, PsycINFO Journal, International Journal of Multicultural Education
- Fairfax Community Health Care Network
Samira Joron-Badr's Practice location
Sterling, VA 20165Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Samira Joron-Badr | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Samira Joron-Badr's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Joron-Badr
I met her for couple of sessions to help with some behavioral issues with my child and she was excellent.
She was very helpful helping me in my addiction problems. I was able to go back to normal life after about three month treatment.
I had several phone sessions with Dr. Samira and she helped me a lot to get back on my feet after depression that lasted two years. I highly recommend her.
I was treated with this psychologist for depression and anger management following my divorce She is excellent psychologist My symptoms were greatly improved after the second visit I would highly recommend to friends and families
- Facing Condescension and Misunderstanding with Autism
Marta Rusek was unaware that she had autism until her adult life; however, she found it enabled her to be a more powerful version of herself.Before her autism diagnosisMarta knew for most of her life that she wasn't like everyone else. She couldn't necessarily put her finger on what it was, but she...
- Intellectual Disability in Children: Know the Signs
Intellectual DisabilityIntellectual disability (ID), formerly called as mental retardation, is a type of developmental disability, in which individuals have certain limitations in their intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior. People with ID have difficulty learning, communicating, solving...
- Sixteen-year-old Student with Autism Wins Half-Marathon on First Try
Competing in a half-marathon is a feat for everyone involved; there are immense pressures and completing all those miles is extremely grueling. Just to finish is impressive, but winning the race is astounding. What makes such a thing even more remarkable? Winning with autism. Logan Thomas is only...
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction: Get the Facts
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection long enough during sexual activity to satisfy his sexual needs. The condition was referred as impotence before medical research highlighted the underlying causes. Most men encounter erection problems at...
- Depression and Sex: How Depression Can Affect Your Sex Life
Maslow’s theory of needs describes sex as one of the basic requirements of human beings. The feelings of pleasure and contentment experienced during sex are rooted in the brain. Contrary to popular belief, our brain is the primary sex organ. When an individual indulges in sexual activity, our sex...
- Dr. Hoorie Siddique PH.D.0 Chantilly VA 20151
- Leslie K. Dalton6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD3000 Connecticut Ave NW Washington D.C 20008
- Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD4809 St Elmo Avenue Bethesda MD 20814
- Dr. Jennifer Lynn Shore PSY.D.10875 Main Street Fairfax VA 22030
- Dr. Miriam E Beadle PH.D3000 Connecticut Ave Nw Washington DC 20008