Education and Training
University of Louisville
American Board of Internal Medicine-Cardiology-Interventional Cardiology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional and National Public Speaking -
- Who's Who in America 1995
- Top Doctor's in America, Center for Study of Services,1999
- Golden Apple Teaching Award, Abington Memorial Hospital 2000 & 2010
- America's Top Physicians, Consumers' Research Council of America 2003-
- Man of the Year, American Biographical Institute, 2005
- Partners In Excellence Award, Abington Hospital 2008
- Chief Resident
- Adult Cardiovascular Diseases
- Saint Louis University
- Hahnemann University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, Heart Failure Society of America, American Society of Echocardiography
- Abington-Jefferson health systems
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
Family, excellent mentors, internal drive and committment. Putting my patients and family first in my career.
Areas of research
Heart Failure: pharmacological and device therapies
Abington-Jefferson Health Initiatives
Educational systems( Schools)
Teaching and speaking
Many Grand rounds and community outreach engagements
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Many but probably Palm Springs, California
Hobbies / Sports
- Golfing, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- Abington Memorial Hospital
- Aetna Advantage Dental
- Aetna Affordable Health Choices limited benefits insurance plan
- Aetna Choice POS
- Aetna Choice POS (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS II (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aetna Dental PPO/PDN
- Aetna Golden Choice Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Golden Medicare Plan (HMO)
- Aetna Health Network Only
- Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HealthFund Aetna Choice POS
- Aetna HealthFund Aetna Health Network Only
- Aetna HealthFund Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HealthFund HMO
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access Aetna Select
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access Managed Choice POS
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access POS II
- Aetna HealthFund Open Choice PPO
- Aetna Medicare Open (Private Fee-for-Service)
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO/Open Access HMO)
- Aetna Medicare Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Select (HMO)
- Aetna Medicare Special Needs
- Aetna Open Access Elect Choice (EPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO
- Aetna Open Access Managed Choice (POS)
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Value Network HMO
- Aetna Vision
- Aetna Whole Health - Banner Health OAMC
- Aetna Whole Health - MW Comm. Health Solutions
- Aetna Whole Health- Banner Health Network HMO
- Aetna Workers' Comp Access
- Aexcel Aetna Select
- Aexcel Aetna Select (Open Access)
- Aexcel Choice POS II
- Aexcel Choice POS II (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Elect Choice EPO
- Aexcel Elect Choice EPO (Open Access)
- Aexcel Managed Choice POS
- Aexcel Managed Choice POS (Open Access)
- Aexcel Open Access Aetna Select (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Open Access Elect Choice (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Open Access Managed Choice POS (HealthFund)
- Aexcel PPO
- Aexcel PPO (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus
- Aexcel Plus Aetna Select
- Aexcel Plus Aetna Select (Open Access)
- Aexcel Plus Choice POS II
- Aexcel Plus Choice POS II (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus Elect Choice EPO
- Aexcel Plus Elect Choice EPO (Open Access)
- Aexcel Plus Managed Choice POS
- Aexcel Plus Managed Choice POS (Open Access)
- Aexcel Plus Open Access Aetna Select (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus Open Access Elect Choice (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus Open Access Managed Choice POS (HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus PPO
- Aexcel Plus PPO (Aetna HealthFund)
- Affordable Health Choices
- Behavioral Healthcare Program
- Better Health
- Better Health Kids Pennsylvania
- Elect Choice (EPO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- HCA Smart Care Base (PPO)
- HCA Smart Care Plus (PPO)
- HCA Smart Care Select
- HCA Smart Care Value (PPO)
- HCA Well Care (Level 3)
- HCA Well Care (Levels 1 & 2)
- HMO (Open Access)
- HMO Deductible Plan
- HMO Deductible Plan (CA members only)
- Healthy New York HMO
- Illinois Community Network
- Illinois Managed Choice Network
- LM Healthworks
- MCOA 7500
- Managed Choice (POS)
- Managed Choice Open Access
- Managed Choice Open Access HDHP
- Managed Choice Open Access Value 1500
- Managed Choice Open Access Value 5000
- Medicare Plan (HMO / Open Access HMO)
- Medicare Plan (PPO)
- Medicare Rx Premier (PDP)
- NYC Community Plan
- National Advantage Program
- New York Certified PPO (Workers' Comp)
- New York Recommendation of Care PPO (Workers' Comp)
- North Shore LIJ Employee Health Plan (CIIPA)
- Open Access Aetna Select
- Open Choice (PPO)
- PCP Referral Plan (TX only)
- Preventative and Hospital Care 3000
- Quality Point-of-Service (QPOS)
- Savings Plus of Arizona
- Savings Plus of Chicago, IL
- Savings Plus of Florida (Brevard and Tampa)
- Savings Plus of Lake County, OH
- Savings Plus of Oklahoma
- Savings Plus of Texas
- Signature Administrators
- Student Health Plans
- Texas CHIP
- Texas STAR (Medicaid)
- Texas Voluntary/Informal (Workers' Comp)
- Traditional Choice Indemnity
- Vitalidad Mexico con Aetna
- Vitalidad Plus California con Aetna
- Volunteer Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
- Coventry Health Care
- Advantra Freedom (Medicare)
- Advantra Medicare Advantage HMO
- Advantra Medicare Advantage POS
- Advantra Medicare Advantage PPO
- Assurant Health
- Buena Vista (Florida Medicaid)
- CHCFL Emlployee OA CFL
- Carelink - CaroMont Medical Home
- Coventry EPO
- Coventry Flex
- Coventry HMO & Premier
- Coventry Integrated Network (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry POS & Premier Plus
- Coventry Preferred (PPO)
- Diamond Plan (Medicaid)
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Employer Group HMO/Open Access
- Employer Group Open Access POS
- Employer Group POS
- Employer Group PPO
- Employer Group QHDHMO
- FOCUS Network (Workers' Comp)
- Federal Employees HMO
- First Health Network (Workers' Comp)
- HMO Select Network
- Individual HMO/Open Access
- Individual PPO
- MetraComp Network (Workers' Comp)
- National Network PPO
- Prism Choice
- Spectrum 100
- WellPath (HMO or POS)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Great West Healthcare
- Humana Health
- Autograph Share 80 Plus Rx
- Autograph Total HSA
- Autograph Total Plus Rx/HSA
- COT National POS - Open Access
- Choice POS
- Condell Custom PPO
- Contact Behavioral Health
- Copay 70%
- Copay 80%
- DaimlerChrysler Network
- Dell National EPO
- EPO PPO Open Access
- Enhanced (PDP)
- Enhanced Copay
- Enhanced HSA
- Exam Plus (VCP)
- EyeMed Advantage
- EyeMed Focus
- EyeMed Optimum
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- GE Health Care Preferred
- Group Medicare HMO
- Group Medicare PPO
- HMO IPA
- HMO Premier
- HMO Select
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- HealthCare Partners
- High Deductible Health Plan
- Hospira Premier HMO Illinois
- Humana Behavioral Health
- Humana Cares
- Humana Classic
- Humana Enhanced PDP
- Humana Family (Florida Medicaid)
- Humana Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus HMO (Medicare)
- Humana Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan F
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan A
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan B
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan C
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan K
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan L
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan N
- Humana Preferred Kroger Lou
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Advantage Plan
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement A
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement High Deductible F
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement Plan K
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement Plan N
- Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan PDP
- Humana/ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana/ChoiceCare+ Network PPO
- HumanaChoice (PPO)
- HumanaChoicePPO (Medicare PPO)
- HumanaOnce HSA
- HumanaOne Copay
- HumanaOne Enhanced
- HumanaOne Enhanced Copay
- HumanaOne Enhanced HSA
- HumanaOne Value
- HumanaPreferred POS-OpenAccess
- Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan F
- Medicare Supplement Plan B
- Medicare Supplement Plan C
- Mental Health (MHNet)
- Monogram Total Plus Rx
- National EPO
- National HMO
- National POS - Open Access
- National POS - Open Access Plus
- National POS - OpenAccess
- National POS - OpenAccess Plus
- P&G National POS
- Personal Care Account (PCA)
- Personal Care Account PPO
- Point of Service
- Portrait Share 80 Plus Rx Unlimited
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- RHS Provider Network
- Saint Joseph Hospital NPOS
- St Vincents Health System
- US Bank
- UT HMO
- Value 100%
- Vision Care Plan (VCP)
- Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan (PDP)
- Independence Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Multiplan PHCS
- Oxford Health Plans
- Alternative Medicine
- Basic Indemnity
- Freedom Plan
- Freedom Plan Access
- Freedom Plan Classic
- Freedom Plan Direct
- Freedom Plan Laurel
- Freedom Plan Laurel Select
- Freedom Plan Metro
- Freedom Plan Select
- Freedom Plan Value Option
- HMO Laurel
- HMO Laurel Select
- Healthy New York
- Liberty Plan
- Liberty Plan Access
- Liberty Plan Classic
- Liberty Plan Direct
- Liberty Plan Metro
- Liberty Plan Select
- Oxford Exclusive Plan
- Oxford Exclusive Plan Metro
- Standard Indemnity
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. Robert A. Watson III M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Robert A. Watson III M.D. | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Robert A. Watson III M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Watson III
Dr.Watson is exceptional. He explains everything in a way that makes The patient informed and comfortable. His listening skills are outstanding. A patient feels like they have seen "the best" after being seen by Dr. Watson .
Very courteous. Answers all questions fully. Explains everything.
Awesome Doctor. We always are able to reach a live person
- Ralph w.
I have had Dr. Robert Watson as my cardiologist, the best for many many years and my wife and I couldn't ask for a better, caring, accurate, great personality, great man. I had a myocardial infarct at 43 years old and was brought back to life and now at 79 and failing health, we are so thankful for you and staff.
Excellent care of my father, Jim Weeden
Very caring thorough physician
Always has an excellent demeanor, is kind and exhibits a sense of confidence. Dr. Watson patiently explains medical issues and answers questions. He consistently makes you feel at ease with his impressive medical knowledge.
Pleasant and. Always dependable and professional
Very good doctor
He is the best and good looking
Outstanding Doctor !
Dr Watson puts me at ease and is able to explain things clearly and concisely, for those of us who don't have medical degrees. His sense of humor is an added bonus to his empathetic and caring personality.
- Paul gandolfo
He,s the greatest. i,m still here after 22 years.
Doctor Watson was awesome
Best doctor in the world!
Lov that doctor
Excellent super cardiologist!
He loaned me his red corvette
He is a nice doc
Great guy, saved my life!
He's a five star doc!! Takes excellent care of me and my late husband. Great personality!
Excellent caring doctor
He is very kind and listens, He is the best
Always happy with my appointment.
Thanks for everything
Dr. Watson is amazing! He is very thorough and literally saved my life. We often hear how doctors take symptoms lightly or just go by the book; Dr. Watson listened to details of my symptoms even when labs and other things came back negative. If it wasn't for his listening and recommendations for more testing and to how I was feeling he would not have found blockage in my arteries. I am so glad that he is my cardiologist he is truly theeeeee best.
He s wonderful
What. A guy
Dr. Watson is the finest medical professional I have ever seen. He is patient, extremely caring, and the most knowledgeable professional I have known. His bedside manner and general demeanor with patients is superb. He has seen my wife for years for multiple issues including CABG and stents, and she swears by him. We have referred family members to Dr. Watson and they are as pleased as we are. There is no better doctor for you if you have cardiac concerns.
- Judy plymouth
I love him he took care of my husband for more then 15 years. He takes care of me . There is no one better he has seen us through thick and thin. He is the best doctor and I trust him always. He is caring and takes such an interest in his patients and families. Thanks doctor for everything there's no one like you. You even change your ties lol.
- E lliot
Very friendly and knowledgeable.
I rely on him.
A great guy ,,,!!!
Love that doctor‚ù§Ô∏è‚ù§Ô∏è‚ù§Ô∏è‚ù§Ô∏è‚ù§Ô∏è‚ù§Ô∏è‚ù§Ô∏è save my life
Great person wonderful cardiologist
Always good experience
Great doctor. Nice dresser. A dandy
Excellent doctor very reassuring
Always a pleasure to see him
Great best doctor Best doctor
The best.....thanks for living the dream with us!!!!!!
- Mary buchanan
He is the best. Great doctor and very concerned for his patient
A smart and considerate physician who cares and listens to his patient.
He has saved my life!
Great bed side manner. Really cares
Best dr there is!!!!!
He's a good listener.
A great doctor!!
Personable and capable. He keeps me alive.
- Martha e
He always makes you feel welcome. Takes his time with you,makes sure you understand What he is talking about.
Very patient and calming
he is my friend
- S thomas
Great dr very efficient and explains everything thorough
Wouldn't see anyone else.
He listens to what you say and he is a very good doctor.
He has been my doctor for 26 years and I appreciate how attentive he is whenever he comes in to. See me. I think you need a bigger picture lol.
We have been coming to dr Watson for years and think he is great.
Dr Watson has been my cardiologist for years. He is the best!! He is kind, caring and very thorough. He takes the time to talk and understand any issues at all appointments. He makes you feel important and as if you are part of his family. You couldn't ask for a better cardiologist and equally as importantly, a great person! Ask him about his golf game :)
Top of his class, best Dr I have ever been associated with.
I find dr Watson to be very professional and very kind.
He's the best
best cardiologist ever. I have been seeing him for 2 years after having heart problems for 20 yrs. One procedure from him and I am fine. No more artery problems. Great bedside manner. I suggest heart patients see him. You will love him like I do.
An excellent Doctor.
Appointment was on time and the examination was completed quickly and thoroughly.
I've been a patient of Dr. Watson for years. He's a great doctor, friendly and professional. I would recommend him highly.
Good Doctor, asks the right questions.
Dr. Watson is wonderful! He's kept me alive since 1989!!
He is the best
I hanks for saving my life and keeping me well. You are really the only person I ever listen to.
I have always received great care from Dr Watson. I think of him as a physician who is truly concerned with my healthcare.
Excellent diagnostician. Explains condition very clearly. I would recommend him to all who need a cardiologist.
Great guy. Straight shooter, always honest and candid.
He kept me alive for forty years.
This is my first visit w/ Dr Watson. He was extremely thorough and gave me all the information regarding my condition and the treatment options. Feel much better about how to proceed.
Dr. Watson is the best! Not only do I have complete confidence in him as a physician, but he's a very personable physician who genuinely cares. I highly recommend him!
Great Doc. He provided great care for my mother and aunt. I have been under his care for almost 20 years. I am happy and feel confident under his care. üòé
Dr Watson has guided me to better health and a more positive attitude with his expertise and caring.
- Mary jane g
Great doctor very nice
Answers questions well. Makes sure I understand. I have confidence on him A very nice man
Exceptionally good physician.
First rate diagnostician and top notch cardiologist. HIGhest quality Care. Simply the best.
I love him,,, â€šÃ¹Â§Ã”âˆÃ¨â€šÃ¹Â§Ã”âˆÃ¨â€šÃ¹Â§Ã”âˆÃ¨â€šÃ¹Â§Ã”âˆÃ¨ï£¿Ã¼Ã²Ã§ Debbie. Wunderbar!!
Always nice& informative
Have always felt very comfortable with Dr Watson for his demeanor and treatments.
Dr Watson is extremely personable and thorough. His explanation of all medical conditions are very forthright and easily understood.
Very easy to talk to and discuss issues Compassionate and very concerned about your quality of daily living Great bed side manner
excellent diagnostician. Quality care. THe best.
he is great efficient pleasant has kept me healthy for many years
Excellent Doctor and staff Highly recommend !!
Dr Watson is the nicest and respectful doctors you will ever meet. He makes you feel relaxed and is very professional. Thank you for all you do and of your knowledge.
Great doctor very pleased 100% rating
Outstanding care over the years,
Dr. Watson is smart, efficient and reassuring. He is no nonsense with a light touch.
Was lucky he was in the hospital when I had a-fib and he took care of me. I feel very secure to have him for my doctor. I have been seeing him for many years. Thank you Dr. Watson
Excellent service as usual
Great Doctor, Great Guy. Listens and understands me. Explains well. Calls ME when things are in question.
He is the greatest doc in this region. Always demonstrates a high level of concern and commitment to the patients.
Very good for a long time
Service excellent and Doctor wonderful as usual
He saved my life in 1989 when he did an angioplasty on me at Temple, back when he was starting out.
He is very thorough, patient, kind, I have every confidence in him. I have been with him for 6 years and I hope we continue to have a long relationship. He is wonderful and listens to what you have to say. In short, he is fantastic!!! He's a sharp dresser for a man as busy as he is!
The Best. Took good care of me when I was in the hospital. Took a smart, conservative approach at the same I me that has work d out very well for the long run. In my case, meds, rather than ablation.
- Catherine baumann
Dr. Watson is a fantastic Doctor!! I recommend him highly.
- Maryann zataveskl
He is great great
Excellent provides good info re heart conditions and quesrtions
Very excellent and carriâˆšÂ±g Doctor
What a great doc
Dr. Watson is an exceptional cardiologist. His calming demeanor is appreciated especially since most times we are worried about the symptoms we are experiencing. He is extremely knowledgeable and does not over react by ordering drugs before trying to alleviate the problem naturally. He is an excellent diagnostician and saved the life of my father when he was at the end! he is now 89 years old! I Would recommend him to anyone who needs a competent caring physician.
Very thorough exam
It is always a pleasure at the routine checkup appt to see Dr Watson. He has such a cheerful disposition being very professionally
I'm very satisfied with this dr I think he's a great dr and a wonderful guy
Always easy to talk to and gives you ants you can understand
# 1 Doctor always answers All questions
It is my belief that Dr. Watson has kept me alive for the past 14 years. From my first procedure he has always been there for me. He is caring, professional and friendly.
The doctor was attentive and thorough
He is a great Doctor to me and my family an a very good friend.
- Mary jean
Great apt on time. Very personable. Highly recommended. Very knowledgeabl
Top Doctor could not ask for a better Doctor.j
Excellent visit. Hope he checked all the right boxes
Dr Watson is the best. Tells you the way it is and it is put in layman terms you understand
Great cardiologist! I make the trip from Bucks County to see him. He was also my husbands cardiologist. Takes time to explain to patient. Trustworthy.
Very good doctor highly recommended .+ Show More
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- How Common is Lupus, and What Does it Look Like?
SymptomsThe affected person may exhibit one or more of the following symptoms. Symptoms are not always consistent, as they may flare up or disappear at any time. ...
- What is Left-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?
What Is Left-Sided Congestive Heart Failure?Heart failure means your heart is not able to work as well as it once did.Left-sided congestive failure is a critical condition in which the left side of the heart doesn’t pump blood efficiently. It is unable to meet the body’s metabolic needs,...
- Are Statins Right for Me?
What is Statins?Statins are drugs prescribed by a doctor to lower cholesterol in the blood. Elevated amounts of cholesterol in blood may result in life-threatening conditions, like heart attacks and strokes. This type of drug is normally prescribed based on cholesterol levels after a blood test....
- What Is Costochondritis?
What is costochondritis?Costochondritis is the term for inflammation of cartilage junctions that hold the ribs and sternum or breastbone. The condition is related to chest pain that can affect anyone in the age group of 10-21 years old. Although the pain can often occur, it still remains a mystery...
- Dr. Harvey Andrew Snyder MD 210 W Atlantic Ave Haddon Heights New Jersey 08035
- Dr. Gilbert Grossman MD 700 Cottman Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111
- Dr. Edward Sawyer Cooper M.D. 6710 LINCOLN DRIVE PHILADELPHIA PA 19119
- Dr. Irina M. Joukova M.D., PH.D. 10752 Bustleton Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116
- Dr. Indranil Dasgupta M.D. 941 Lombard Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19147
- Jonathan Gomberg 3400 Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104