Dr. Prasanna Chinthala is a psychiatrist practicing in Carmel, IN. Dr. Chinthala is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Chinthala diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Chinthala may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Chinthala treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
MD at Osmania Medical College
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Teaches Fellows at Indiana University School of Medicine -
- Teaches Nursing Staff and Social Services -
- Indiana University School of Medicine
- Osmania Medical College
- Indiana University School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- Association for Academic Psychiatry, American Psychiatric Association, American Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her mother who was her inspiration.
Favorite professional publications
- The American Journal of Psychiatry
Prasanna Chinthala M.D's Practice location
Carmel, IN 46032Get Direction
Gas City, IN 46933Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Prasanna Chinthala M.D | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Prasanna Chinthala M.D's reviewsWrite Review
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Anxiety and Depression
What is autism?Autism or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a medical condition in which a person has challenges with public behavior, speech, and non-verbal communication. Autism is a life-long developmental disability, and it affects people how people perceive the world and how they interact with...
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- What Is Seasonal Affective Disorder?
Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD is a type of depression that comes and goes with the seasons. It starts during winter, usually stemming from a low amount of natural sunlight and is often lifted in the months of summer or spring. The symptoms often can begin in autumn as the days start getting...
- Is Schizophrenia a Genetic Disorder?
The organic studies of schizophrenia outnumber, by far, the psychological ones.The quantity of these works and the variety of directions that they have taken reveal that no breakthrough has been made. Even in fields like genetics and biochemistry where some evidence of the organic nature of...
- Do I Have Insomnia?
Definition:Insomnia is a condition in which someone finds it hard to fall asleep or stay asleep for an amount of time that enables them to feel well-rested the following day. This condition is common among the elderly and is said to affect one in three people on average. Signs and Symptoms:...
- What Is Antisocial Personality Disorder?
Antisocial Personality DisorderAntisocial personality disorder, also called sociopathy, is a type of personality disorder that is characterized by irresponsible, criminal, and impulsive behavior. A person with antisocial personality disorder is often reckless, dishonest, and manipulative with no...
- Dr. Syed Khan MD10765 Lantern Road Fishers Indiana 46038
- Dr. Stephanie L. Price D.O.1111 W 10th St # 201 Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Heather May Fretwell MD1308 Prospect St Indianapolis IN 46203
- Dr. Judith Lowe Campbell MD1500 North Ritter Avenue Indianapolis IN 46219
- Dr. Vahid Osman MD8401 Harcourt Rd Indianapolis IN 46260
- Dr. Richard Payne M.D5899 Grandview Dr Indianapolis IN 46228