Alan J. Heideman, MD, is a seasoned radiologist and medical director of Milburn Medical Imaging in Maplewood, New Jersey. He is also on staff at Bayonne Medical Center and the Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center and has 24 years in practice. He completed his medical degree at Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Yeshiva University in 1987, followed by his radiology residency at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center and fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center/NMR Institute. Dr. Heideman is board certified in vascular technology and is a Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners and the American Board of Radiology. He maintains professional memberships with the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, the Radiological Society of New Jersey, and the New Jersey Medical Society. Dr. Heideman has been active in radiology research with various publications in peer reviewed journals and has also served as Director of the Division of Diagnostic Imaging and Magnetic Resonance Imaging at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, New Jersey.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
American Board of Radiology
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Newark Beth Israel Med Ctr, Diagnostic Radiology
- Newark Beth Israel Mc1988
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center- 1992
- St. Vincent's Medical Center- 1988
- University of Pittsburgh- 1993
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, Radiological Society of New Jersey, Medical Society of New Jersey
Articles and Publications
- Peer Related Journals
What do you attribute your success to?
- Constant hard work, education, and the drive to needing to be the best.
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Biking, Running, Reading, Going to Sporting Events
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American College of Radiology
- Bayonne Medical Center
- Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
- Aetna Advantage Dental
- Aetna Affordable Health Choices limited benefits insurance plan
- Aetna Choice POS
- Aetna Choice POS (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS II (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aetna Dental PPO/PDN
- Aetna Golden Choice Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Golden Medicare Plan (HMO)
- Aetna Health Network Only
- Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HealthFund Aetna Choice POS
- Aetna HealthFund Aetna Health Network Only
- Aetna HealthFund Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HealthFund HMO
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access Aetna Select
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access Managed Choice POS
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access POS II
- Aetna HealthFund Open Choice PPO
- Aetna Medicare Open (Private Fee-for-Service)
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO/Open Access HMO)
- Aetna Medicare Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Select (HMO)
- Aetna Medicare Special Needs
- Aetna Open Access Elect Choice (EPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO
- Aetna Open Access Managed Choice (POS)
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Value Network HMO
- Aetna Vision
- Aetna Whole Health - Banner Health OAMC
- Aetna Whole Health - MW Comm. Health Solutions
- Aetna Whole Health- Banner Health Network HMO
- Aetna Workers' Comp Access
- Aexcel Aetna Select
- Aexcel Aetna Select (Open Access)
- Aexcel Choice POS II
- Aexcel Choice POS II (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Elect Choice EPO
- Aexcel Elect Choice EPO (Open Access)
- Aexcel Managed Choice POS
- Aexcel Managed Choice POS (Open Access)
- Aexcel Open Access Aetna Select (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Open Access Elect Choice (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Open Access Managed Choice POS (HealthFund)
- Aexcel PPO
- Aexcel PPO (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus
- Aexcel Plus Aetna Select
- Aexcel Plus Aetna Select (Open Access)
- Aexcel Plus Choice POS II
- Aexcel Plus Choice POS II (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus Elect Choice EPO
- Aexcel Plus Elect Choice EPO (Open Access)
- Aexcel Plus Managed Choice POS
- Aexcel Plus Managed Choice POS (Open Access)
- Aexcel Plus Open Access Aetna Select (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus Open Access Elect Choice (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus Open Access Managed Choice POS (HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus PPO
- Aexcel Plus PPO (Aetna HealthFund)
- Affordable Health Choices
- Behavioral Healthcare Program
- Better Health
- Better Health Kids Pennsylvania
- Elect Choice (EPO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- HCA Smart Care Base (PPO)
- HCA Smart Care Plus (PPO)
- HCA Smart Care Select
- HCA Smart Care Value (PPO)
- HCA Well Care (Level 3)
- HCA Well Care (Levels 1 & 2)
- HMO (Open Access)
- HMO Deductible Plan
- HMO Deductible Plan (CA members only)
- Healthy New York HMO
- Illinois Community Network
- Illinois Managed Choice Network
- LM Healthworks
- MCOA 7500
- Managed Choice (POS)
- Managed Choice Open Access
- Managed Choice Open Access HDHP
- Managed Choice Open Access Value 1500
- Managed Choice Open Access Value 5000
- Medicare Plan (HMO / Open Access HMO)
- Medicare Plan (PPO)
- Medicare Rx Premier (PDP)
- NYC Community Plan
- National Advantage Program
- New York Certified PPO (Workers' Comp)
- New York Recommendation of Care PPO (Workers' Comp)
- North Shore LIJ Employee Health Plan (CIIPA)
- Open Access Aetna Select
- Open Choice (PPO)
- PCP Referral Plan (TX only)
- Preventative and Hospital Care 3000
- Quality Point-of-Service (QPOS)
- Savings Plus of Arizona
- Savings Plus of Chicago, IL
- Savings Plus of Florida (Brevard and Tampa)
- Savings Plus of Lake County, OH
- Savings Plus of Oklahoma
- Savings Plus of Texas
- Signature Administrators
- Student Health Plans
- Texas CHIP
- Texas STAR (Medicaid)
- Texas Voluntary/Informal (Workers' Comp)
- Traditional Choice Indemnity
- Vitalidad Mexico con Aetna
- Vitalidad Plus California con Aetna
- Volunteer Plan
Dr. Alan J. Heideman MD's Practice location
Maplewood, NJ 07040 Get Direction
SOMERSET, NJ 08873 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Alan J. Heideman MD | Radiologist | Body Imaging
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Alan J. Heideman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Heideman
I have been to this center on several occasions. Each time I have had a very enjoyable experience. The offer prompt professional service! If needed for any future medical issues, I would be happy to return here.
Service was great and efficient.
I had a motorcycle accident, since then I have had three arthogram. None have been a good experience until I went to Millburn medical imaging. Dr. Blatt, was exceptional I would highly recommend this facility to everyone and anyone. Moreover, if I ever need to have any other additional exams I would go here and no where else. You can't but a price on their service. Being prior military I understand and embody the very essence of going above the call of duty and so does the staff members of Millburn medical imaging!
Very reassuring Doctor Gave a full overview of the situation. Was very good.
MMI has taken care of my Imaging needs for many years. Dr. Heideman has an exceptional wealth of knowledge that he not only shares with me, but he communicates with my doctor. He and his staff are Great !!! I recommend them 100%
MMI is a terrific place to come for your Imaging needs. Dr. Heideman is an incredible Doctor. He is compassionate and warm. He treats you like your special and he has the best bed side manner of any Doctor I've ever had. I recommend him and this facility always.
Dr. Heideman and the Millburn Medical Imaging staff are very respectful and professional there is no better place
Dr.Heideman and Marie made my experience here at Millburn Medical Imaging very enjoyable. They explained step by step what was being done so that I may be comfortable
Going for a mammogram is never fun and can be scary.... MMI always makes it simple and easy... Everyone is very pleasant and the facility is very clean... I highly recommend them.
Very quick and easy
He was great easy going and very helpful
Tech was very efficient, and professional. Very nice person. I'm so impressed knowing this is my second time doing a mammogram she made it much more comfortable for me.
Excellent service. Staff was superb
Good service, good coffee. I like coming here
My mammogram lady showed me much love and the other girl who did my breasts was very good two.
Your staff is wonderful, front desk great, tech Linda she is wonderful and gentle with my twins and on time with appt. she is great
Great experience. Mammo tech was amazing!
Dr. Heideman attended Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York, where he graduated with his Medical Degree. He subsequently completed his radiology residency at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, where he was selected as Chief Resident, before undertaking his MRI specialty fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center’s NMR Institute.
Dr. Heideman is a highly trained and qualified physician with an extensive expertise in all facets of his work. Dr. Heideman is certified by the American Board of Radiology, and maintains professional memberships with the American College of Radiology, the Radiological Society of North America, the Radiological Society of New Jersey, and the New Jersey Medical Society. He has been published extensively, is actively involved in radiology research, and has taught numerous radiology residents. He attributes his success to constant hard work, education, and his drive to be the best he can be. In his free time, Dr. Heideman enjoys skiing, biking, running, reading, and attending sporting events.
He has been in practice for more than two decades and is currently serving patients as Medical Director within Millburn Medical Imaging located in Maplewood, New Jersey.
Radiology is the medical specialty of evaluating and treating various diseases within the body by using medical imaging techniques such as X-ray radiography, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), nuclear medicine including positron emission tomography (PET), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Interventional radiology is the performance of (usually minimally invasive) medical procedures with the guidance of imaging technologies.
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Dr. Alain D. Hyman M.D. 165 East 84th Street New York New York 10028
- Dr. Irina A. Vasilyeva MD PHD 1001 Potrero Ave San Francisco CA 94110
- Lisa A. Corrente 255 Greenwich Street New York New York 10007-2422
- Dr. Harsha N. Dhanani MD 68 Mallard Place Secaucus New Jersey 07094
- Sergei Sobolevsky 4802 10th Ave Brooklyn New York 11219
- Kristin C. Byrne 100 East 77th Street New York New York 10065