DentistPO Box 51 Mosman NSW, 2088
Simon has an extensive acumen in business strategy and process improvement in healthcare service delivery optimisation. Since 2008, Simon has been managing a brand new 17 chair dental facility for Australia's largest Not-For-Profit health insurance company. In 2017 this will be expanded to include a day surgery and allied health facilities for which Simon is being promoted to manage. Simon has completed his Directorship Foundation studies with the Australian Institute of Company Directors. Simon is a current board director of Australian Taekwondo - the peak membership national body representing Taekwondo athletes in Australia, and representing the Australian Sports Commission. Simon is an enthusiastic Social Action and Civil Rights Entrepreneur. Since 2012, Simon has been teaching fitness, self-esteem, confidence, and self-defence at Spirit – a youth and adult development organisation in Brookvale Sydney. Simon also volunteers regularly as a youth leader for St Vincent De Paul Charity in Sydney.
Education and Training
MBA at the University of Adelaide
University of Adelaide Bachelor of Science in Dentistry Honours 2001
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Clinical Lecturer at the University of Adelaide, 2005-2008 -
- Colin Cormie Prize 2001 University of Adelaide Dental School
- Top student in Entrepreneurship 2008 University of Adelaide Business School
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Dental Association
- Institute of Managers and Leaders Australia
- Australian College of Health Service Managers
- Fitness Australia
- Australian Taekwondo
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- St Vincent de Paul
Professional Society Memberships
- Australian Institute of Company Directors, Australian Dental Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- His resiliency, positivity, presenting skills, and his work with children and adults as a martial arts and fitness instructor has given him excellent poise and balance between his professional, business and personal life.
Hobbies / Sports
- Taekwondo Instructor, Certified Fitness Educator
Areas of researchSports high Performance Sports psychology
Simon Lew's Practice location
Mosman, NSW 2088Get Direction
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Dry Socket?
One of the most common complications after the removal of a tooth is dry socket. Dry socket is more common with the extraction of wisdom teeth. Although the condition causes great discomfort, it is fully treatable.In most cases, the pain and discomfort experienced following a tooth extraction is...
- When Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
A toothbrush is not as clean as we think, and harbors more than 100 million bacteria, according to researchers at the University of Manchester in England. This includes E. coli bacteria, which cause diarrhea, and staphylococci bacteria, which cause skin infections. “This condition is the same as...
- Do I need to get my Wisdom Teeth Pulled?
Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure used to remove one or more of the adult teeth present at the back of the mouth. It is usually done by an oral surgeon or a dentist. It is often done by opening the gum tissue over the tooth and then taking out the bone covering the tooth. The tissue...
- Everything You Need to Know About Dental Bridges
We often do not realize this, but our bodies are perfectly designed machines. Our jaws, for example, and the alignment of our teeth are designed perfectly for biting and chewing. Any change in the natural order could result in unfavorable consequences. Losing teeth is one such change that has less...
- Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants
Dental implants are devices that are used to replace natural teeth. These implants are placed into the jawbone, which over the time, fuse with the natural bone and gain stability.Dental implants are recommended for patients who do not have their natural teeth. This will allow the individual to have...