Dr. Linda Sung is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Mineola, NY. Dr. Sung specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Sung can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Sung can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Hahnemann Medical College; Drexel University College of Medicine
MCP HAHNEMANN UNIV (FORMERLY ALLEGHENY UNIV) 1991
Hahnemann University Humanties & Sciences
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology- Reproductive Endocrinology
Dr. Linda Sung, MD, FACOG's Expert Contributions
The cdc recommends the hpv vaccination start around age 11-12 years old. You can ask your ob gyn physician or pediatrician about this. It helps to prevent cervical cancer by fighting the viruses that can cause it. Linda READ MORE
She should see a physician who knows about pcos. If she has irregular periods, she should be put on birth control pills. There are tests that need to be done in order to determine other potential treatment modalities. READ MORE
There are two methods available to you now. I would recommend you see your gynecologist or Planned Parenthood for counseling. There is the IUD or emergency contraceptive pills. READ MORE
No, your miscarriage will not affect your ability to get pregnant again. It is important that you discuss with your obstetrician physician why you miscarried. Depending on the cause, sometimes there are things that can be done. READ MORE
I recommend seeing your doctor to make sure everything is ok. Linda READ MORE
Diane birth control pills are prescribed only in Europe. They function just like any other pill. There should be no problems getting pregnant once you are ready. READ MORE
The earliest time you can check is two weeks after you ovulated. Sometimes it may be difficult to determine when you ovulate. READ MORE
Stress can be a cause if milky breast discharge. However, you should see your gynecologist to get testing done to determine if there aren't other causes such as an overproduction of a hormone or any breast abnormalities. Linda READ MORE
Every time I get my period, on the second day I feel like I am going to pass out. Why does this happen?
There could be several reasons why you have these symptoms on the second day of your period. Best to see your gynecologist and talk to them. They will also perform an exam and perhaps an ultrasound. In the meanwhile, hydrating well with water couldn't hurt. READ MORE
1. Greek yogurt. A review of research published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy found that some probiotics can be effective against C. albicans 2. Boric acid 3. Probiotic suppositories and supplement 4. Apple cider vinegar 5. Avoiding food with sugar such as sweets, fruits, and carbs (bread, rice, potatoes) READ MORE
Dental X-rays use minimal radiation. Since they covered your abdomen, there should be minimal to no exposure to your baby. READ MORE
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional and National Public Speaking -
- Presented an Abstract at the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists -
- Birth Defects
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Program A
- Winthrop University Hospital, 1995
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, 1997
Professional Society Memberships
- Board Member of the Nassau OB/GYN Associates, American Society for Reproductive Medicine, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Enjoying what she is doing, helping people have babies is very important, her field is constantly growing and she stays involved in teaching and patient care.
Dr. Linda Sung, MD, FACOG's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Linda Sung, MD, FACOG | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Reproductive Endocrinology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Linda Sung, MD, FACOG's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sung
- Soy Helps to Manage the Symptoms Associated with Menopause
A new study that has been published in Menopause determined that soy may help women relieve symptoms caused by menopause. Experts suggest that it is still not clear whether or not soy can have beneficial effects on the heart and bones. Researcher Wulf Utian, MD, PhD, ScD, a consultant in women's...
- Why Is Hereditary Ovarian Cancer Risk on the Rise in India?
Ovarian cancer is one of the more serious cancers which can affect women. It is the seventh most common cause of cancer in women, affecting one in twenty-eight women. The symptoms can be difficult to detect, as they mimic the effects of other, less dangerous diseases. When caught early, most women...
- What Is a PUPPP Rash?
IntroductionA PUPPP rash, also known as pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy, is a skin condition wherein pregnant women get a hives-like rash on their skin. These rashes or bumps are itchy and usually appear on the stomach or stretch marks during pregnancy, especially in the third...
- Can Menopause Lead to Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Menopause is part of being a woman; there’s no getting out of it. Unfortunately, along with all the inconvenient and frustrating symptoms of menopause, there may also be a risk of developing certain chronic inflammatory disorders – most notably, rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Women of any age know...
- What Is the Bariatric Surgery Diet?
Bariatric Surgery is a type of procedure done by well experienced surgeons with the purpose of reducing weight. It is an operation also referred to as weight loss surgery. Bariatric Surgery is mostly performed on people who are obese.How Is Bariatric Surgery Done?Bariatric surgery is a process that...
- Squelching Ovarian Cancer: The Not-So-Silent Killer
Regardless of its widely-known nickname, ovarian cancer is not really a silent killer. There are symptoms, but they are fairly noticeable or commonly mistaken for another condition, such as irritable bowel syndrome. As a result, the search progresses for new biomarkers, more positive outcomes, as...
- Dr. Peter Guirguis M.D.522 3RD ST BROOKLYN NY 11215
- Anat Zelmanovich509 East 77th Street New York New York 10075
- Dr. Janelle Luk M.D.115 East 57th Street New York NY 10022
- Dr. Miller Vaca M.D.1065 Southern Blvd Bronx NY 10459
- Dr. Juanita Mestre-Dudley M.D.1400 Pelham Pkwy S Bronx NY 10461
- Dr. Rony Tanios Elias M.D.1305 York Ave New York NY 10021