Breast Surgical Oncologist
Education and Training
MD at the University of South Florida
University of Central Florida College of Medicine 2008
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Mercer University - Resident of the Year 2014
- Mercer University - Chief Resident 2013 - 2014
- Mercer University - Scholastic Achievement Award 2013
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Society 2012
- Mercer University - Professionalism Award 2012
- Medical Center of Central Georgia - Employee of the Quarter 2012
- Breast Cancer
- THE MEDICAL CENTER
- Breast Cancer Care
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Breast Surgeons, Society of Surgical Oncology, American College of Surgeons
Articles and Publications
Simpson, Ashley B; McCray, Devina; Wengler, Craig; Crowe, Joseph P; Djohan, Risal; Tendulkar, Rahul D; O??Rourke, Colin; Grobmyer, Stephen R; Valente, Stephanie A. ??Immediate Reconstruction in Inflammatory Breast Cancer: Challenging Current Care.? Annals of Surgical Oncology. Submitted.
Nolan RH, Wengler CA, Hartin C, Glenn JB. ??Laparoscopic Excision of an Ascending Colon Duplication Cyst in an Adolescent.? Journal of Pediatric Surgery Case Reports (2015), doi: 10.1016/j.epsc.2015.11.007.
Pederson H, Doerr M, Gabitzsch E, Wengler CA. Care Path for Women at Increased Risk for Breast Cancer. Cleveland Clinic Care Path Guide, April 2014.
Nolan RH, Wengler CA, Hartin C, Glenn JB. ??Laparoscopic Excision of Colon and Small Intestine Duplication Cyst in 17-year-old Male: A Rare Occurrence Using Advanced Minimally Invasive Techniques.? International Pediatric Endosurgery Group (Abstract)
Wengler, CA, Nolan RH, Glenn JB. Pediatric Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy. SAGES - Surgical Online Chapter, 2014.
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard work, studying and family support.
Areas of research
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy
- Breast Surgery
- Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Recontruction
- Clinical Outcomes
Teaching and speaking
· Wengler, CA. “Intraoperative Radiation Therapy.” Professional Registered Nurses Group Meeting. Tradition, FL. June 2, 2016.
· Wengler, CA. “Updates in Breast Cancer Care.” Junior League of Martin County Lunafest, Lyric Theatre, Stuart, FL. March 4, 2016.
· Wengler, CA. “Intraoperative Radiation Therapy: ExBRT Trial.” Martin Memorial Health Systems, Tumor Board. February 18, 2016.
· Wengler, CA. “Breast Cancer Genetic Testing.” Indian River State College. October 21, 2015.
· Wengler, CA. “Outcomes of Skin-Sparing and Nipple-Sparing Mastectomies
· Wengler, CA. “Outcomes of Skin-Sparing and Nipple-Sparing Mastectomies Following Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy.” Akron Symposium. April 17, 2015.
· Wengler, CA. “Surgical Fixation: The Future of Rib Fractures.” Given at the Medical Center of Central Georgia, Chief Grand Rounds. April 10, 2014.
· Wengler, CA. “Penetrating Chest Trauma and the Emergency Department Thoracotomy.” Given at the Medical Center of Central Georgia Trauma Grand Rounds. June 30, 2013.
· Wengler, CA. “Surgical Never Events in a Culture of Safety.” Given at the Medical Center of Central Georgia 40th Annual Day of Surgery. May 30, 2013.
· Wengler, CA. “Branham‘s sign: Bradycardia with Proximal Compression of an AV Fistula.” Given at the Medical Center of Central Georgia History of Medicine. February 14, 2013.
· Wengler, CA. “48 Hours on Pediatric Surgery: 4 Cases of Gastroschisis.” Given at the Medical Center of Central Georgia Pediatric Surgery Grand Rounds. December 1, 2011
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending Time With His Children and Family
Dr. Craig Adam Wengler M.D.'s Practice location
Stuart, Florida 34996Get Direction
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34987Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Craig Adam Wengler M.D. | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Craig Adam Wengler M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- How to Prepare for Gallbladder Surgery
Laparoscopic gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly undertaken surgeries. The Gallbladder...
- How to Prepare for a Laparoscopy
OverviewLaparoscopy is a type of endoscopic procedure that will allow doctors to look inside your abdomen using a surgical telescope. The telescope is known as the laparoscope. The laparoscope is equipped with a front camera that transmits the images captured in high definition to a nearby video...
- What to Expect After a Cholecystectomy
In case you have problems with your gallbladder and there is a need for it to be removed, you will experience unusual and uncomfortable symptoms while trying to adapt to a new life without a gallbladder. Obviously, when your gallbladder is removed, bile can't be stored like before since it is meant...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- What are the Risks of an Appendectomy?
Sometimes the appendix develops complications. When that happens, the patient usually experiences intense pain in the lower abdomen. This requires immediate medical attention to prevent the appendix from bursting. This whole emergency condition is known as appendicitis.Appendicitis refers to the...
- Shoshana Deann Hacker M.D.1400 Goldtree Dr Port St Lucie FL 34952
- Dr. Philip W. Moyer M.D.10050 SW INNOVATION WAY PORT ST LUCIE FL 34987
- Dr. Adam D Kurtin D.O.1825 Se Tiffany Ave Port Saint Lucie FL 34952
- Dr. Roshan Lalta hira Singh MD2215 Nebraska Ave Fort Pierce FL 34950
- Dr. Carlos Maldonado M.D.501 Se Osceola St Stuart FL 34994
- Dr. Matthew N Peebles M.D.10050 SW Innovation Way Port Saint Lucie FL 34987