Kate C. Gilson, DDS, is a dentist and partner at the dental practice of Shoemaker & Gilson in Waukesha, Wisconsin. With over 17 years of experience, she specializes in general and aesthetic dentistry. Dr. Gilson was educated at Marquette University and completed an internship at Mountainside Hospital. She is a recipient of a New Dentist Award from the Wisconsin Dental Association, was named a Top Dentist in the Waukesha area three years running, and is a professional member of the Wisconsin Dental Association, American Dental Association, and the Academy of General Dentistry.
Education and Training
DDS at Marquette University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Participates in Dental Health Month and Goes to Local Schools -
- Give Kids a Smile Day 2x a Year -
- Top Dentist in the Waukesha Area 3 Years Running
- New Dentist Award, Wisconsin Dental Association, 2008
- Mountainside Hospital, 2000
Professional Society Memberships
- Wisconsin Dental Association, American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry
What do you attribute your success to?
- Treating patients like family
Hobbies / Sports
- Yoga, Crafts, Creating Things, Family Time
Dr. Kate C. Gilson D.D.S.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Kate C. Gilson D.D.S. | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Kate C. Gilson D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gilson
Great experience...always professional and friendly
She's the best.
Dr. Gilson is the best!
Excellent Doctor! Excellent practice!
- Gum Disease May Appear in Young Adults
According to a study conducted by the researchers from dentistry school of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, gum disease may start earlier than expected. Young adults should take better care of their oral health, as it may lead to many health problems. The study shows that gum disease...
- Drinking Sports Drinks Can Lead to Tooth Erosion
According to a new study presented at the International Association for Dental Research in Miami, some of the popular sports drinks contain high levels of acid that can lead to tooth erosion, hypersensitivity, and staining. Researchers from the New York University report that the drink may also...
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- What is a Tooth Abscess?
A tooth abscess refers to the accumulation of pus caused by a bacterial infection at the root of the tooth or between the tooth and gum. Abscess at the tip of the root is known as periapical abscess, while those found in the gums are referred to as periodontal abscesses. Tooth abscesses should be...
- How to Prepare for Your Dental Appointment
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), people should visit their dentist or dental hygienist every six months to maintain optimal oral health. Dental problems should never be ignored since they can become serious and contribute to other medical conditions, such as heart disease,...
- What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers give patients a beautiful smile. They are very thin, porcelain layers attached to the front of the teeth. Dental veneers are a good solution for the correction of any defects in the position, color, or shape of the teeth.Dental veneers can be made with direct or indirect composites....
- Dr. Antonio G. Cigno DMD7940 W Layton Ave Greenfield Wisconsin 53220
- Dr. Snehal D. Pingle DMD745 Gatehouse Ln Brookfield Wisconsin 53005
- Russell D. Dunkel DDS4154 South 108th Street Greenfield Wisconsin 53228
- Dr. Michael Donohoo DDS7623 W Burleigh St Milwaukee WI 53222
- Dr. Inna Kotlyarenko DDS10425 West North Avenue Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226
- Dr. Larry Wruck D.D.S.15855 W National Ave New Berlin WI 53151