Kate C. Gilson, DDS, is a dentist and partner at the dental practice of Shoemaker & Gilson in Waukesha, Wisconsin. With over 17 years of experience, she specializes in general and aesthetic dentistry. Dr. Gilson was educated at Marquette University and completed an internship at Mountainside Hospital. She is a recipient of a New Dentist Award from the Wisconsin Dental Association, was named a Top Dentist in the Waukesha area three years running, and is a professional member of the Wisconsin Dental Association, American Dental Association, and the Academy of General Dentistry.
Education and Training
DDS at Marquette University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Participates in Dental Health Month and Goes to Local Schools -
- Give Kids a Smile Day 2x a Year -
- Top Dentist in the Waukesha Area 3 Years Running
- New Dentist Award, Wisconsin Dental Association, 2008
- Mountainside Hospital, 2000
Professional Society Memberships
- Wisconsin Dental Association, American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry
What do you attribute your success to?
- Treating patients like family
Hobbies / Sports
- Yoga, Crafts, Creating Things, Family Time
Dr. Kate C. Gilson D.D.S.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Kate C. Gilson D.D.S. | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Kate C. Gilson D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gilson
Great experience...always professional and friendly
She's the best.
Dr. Gilson is the best!
Excellent Doctor! Excellent practice!
- How Can I Reduce the Pain of Sensitive Teeth?
If you can’t enjoy a cup of hot coffee or a glass of cold juice without getting that stinging pain in your teeth, those are symptoms of sensitive teeth. Moreover, eating, brushing and flossing may also lead to the sharp pain. Sensitivity to the cold and heat may be caused by a number of reasons...
- Metal Taste in Mouth
Why does my mouth taste like metal?The perception of a metallic taste in the mouth is a symptom that can be found for several reasons. In some cases, this aftertaste depends on mild and transient conditions, sometimes it may be the warning of some more serious pathologies.Among the possible causes:...
- Drinking Sports Drinks Can Lead to Tooth Erosion
According to a new study presented at the International Association for Dental Research in Miami, some of the popular sports drinks contain high levels of acid that can lead to tooth erosion, hypersensitivity, and staining. Researchers from the New York University report that the drink may also...
- The 3 Biggest Threats to Your Teeth
Teeth can last a lifetime if they are properly cared for. However, different factors can influence the appearance and quality of your teeth over time. Chips, fractures, and broken teethChipping and fracturing teeth occurs when one bites on something very hard, like a popcorn kernel or stale bread....
- What Is a Cavity?
A cavity is a result of tooth decay, which is a damage that occurs due to poor oral health and dental plaque on the tooth’s surface. Cavities usually start really small and when they are left untreated, they gradually become bigger. Anyone who has teeth, including babies, can develop cavities. For...
- Gingivitis: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment
Gingivitis, or periodontal disease, is known as the inflammation of the gums. The most common cause of gingivitis is poor oral hygiene and poor dental care. This will lead to a formation of plaque. Plaque is a sticky film composed mainly of bacteria, which is also invisible. The bacteria forms on...
- Dr. Antonio G. Cigno DMD7940 W Layton Ave Greenfield Wisconsin 53220
- Dr. Snehal D. Pingle DMD745 Gatehouse Ln Brookfield Wisconsin 53005
- Russell D. Dunkel DDS4154 S 108th St Milwaukee WI 53228
- Dr. Michael Donohoo DDS7623 W Burleigh St Milwaukee WI 53222
- Dr. Inna Kotlyarenko DDS10425 W NORTH AVE WAUWATOSA WI 53226
- Dr. Robin A. Gorman DDS6101 W Vliet St Milwaukee WI 53213