Dr. Arden Andersen is a family practitioner practicing in Leavenworth, KS. Dr. Andersen specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Andersen possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty. He is a Colonel in the USAFR serving as a flight surgeon. He also consults and teaches farmers about soil and crop nutrition management, has written several books and is running for Governor of Kansas 2018.
Education and Training
Western University of Health Sciences
- Hepatic actinomycosis. A case report.
- Epidemiology of tuberculosis in HIV-infected patients in Denmark.
- Usefulness of spoligotyping To discriminate IS6110 low-copy-number Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex strains cultured in Denmark.
- A prospective evaluation of the clinical value of nation-wide DNA fingerprinting of tuberculosis isolates in Denmark.
- [Control of tuberculosis in Denmark].
- Risk of Mycobacterium tuberculosis transmission in a low-incidence country due to immigration from high-incidence areas.
- [Infection medicine in the year of 2000. The Danish Society of Infection Medicine].
- [Childhood tuberculosis--a marker of the tuberculosis occurrence in Denmark].
- The Mycobacterium tuberculosis 38-kDa antigen: overproduction in Escherichia coli, purification and characterization.
- Pharmacokinetic interaction between rifampin and the combination of indinavir and low-dose ritonavir in HIV-infected patients.
- Results of the third immunology of leprosy/immunology of tuberculosis
- A dominant Mycobacterium tuberculosis strain emerging in Denmark.
- Structure and function of a 40,000-molecular-weight protein antigen of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- The long-term pharmacokinetics and safety of adding low-dose ritonavir to a nelfinavir 1,250 mg twice-daily regimen in HIV-infected patients.
- Comparison of the immunological activity of five defined antigens from Mycobacterium tuberculosis in seven inbred guinea pig strains. The 38-kDa antigen is immunodominant.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Adjunct Professor -
- American Osteopathic Association; Kansas Osteopathic Association
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Aerospace Medicine, University of South Florida
Professional Society Memberships
- American Osteopathic Association, American Osteopathic Association of Prolotherapy Regenerative Medicine
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Dancing
Favorite professional publications
- The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association
Dr. Arden B. Andersen DO's Practice location
LANSING, KS 66043Get Direction
Goshen, IN 46528Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Arden B. Andersen DO | General Practitioner | Obesity Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Arden B. Andersen DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Andersen
- How to Prevent UTIs
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common infection in any part of the urinary or renal system (urethra, ureters, bladder, and kidneys). In fact, it is the second most common type of infection among adults. Besides being responsible for over 8 million visits to healthcare professionals every year,...
- Causes and Treatment for Dry Cough
IntroductionA dry cough is a type of cough that does not accompany the production of mucus or phlegm. Most cases of dry cough are caused by certain allergic reactions from allergens, such as pollutants, dust, or toxins. The body usually tries to expel these irritants by coughing it out. In some...
- What Is a Lower Back Pain with Sciatica?
Lower back pain is a common problem experienced by most people at some point during their lifetime. There are several causes for lower back pain with sciatica, and the intensity of pain can range from dull to quite severe. Men and women are equally affected by this condition. Most cases of back pain...
- Is Tonsillitis Contagious?
What is tonsillitis?Tonsils are two glands located at the back of the throat and can be seen through the mouth. These glands help prevent infections from developing in the body. Tonsillitis happens when the tonsils become inflamed or infected by viruses or bacteria. Tonsillitis is a common...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- What's a Micropenis?
A micropenis is a penis that is smaller than an average human penis size. It is smaller than 7 cm or 2.7 inches when erected or smaller than 4 cm or 1.5 inches when flaccid, which is actually two and a half times smaller than the average penis.It affects about 0.6 percent of men, so it is a very...
- Dr. Nicholas G. Brockert M.D.1004 Progress Dr Lansing KS 66043
- Dr. Peter John Cristiano M.D.720 1st Ter Lansing KS 66043
- Dr. Valerie Lynn Duff D.O.1004 Progress Dr Lansing KS 66043
- Dr. Nathan Michael Bloom MD1004 PROGRESS DR LANSING KS 66043
- Dr. Jeffrey Dale Lawhead MD712 1st Ter Lansing KS 66043
- Dr. Amy Michelle Holman MD1004 PROGRESS DR LANSING KS 66043