Ruxandra Carp, MD, is an established psychiatrist with 9 years of experience in her field. She maintains a private practice in Winchester, Massachusetts, and is also affiliated with Beverly Hospital. Dr. Carp graduated from Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest in 1998. She is fellowship trained at the Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis, Cambridge Health Alliance, and Harvard Medical School. Dr. Carp??s expertise includes individualized integrative evidence-based pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy. She is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and maintains professional memberships with the American Psychiatric Association and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Education and Training
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
University of Bucharest
Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry (2012) & Board Certificatied in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2013)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- The Golden Heart Award For Outstanding Clinical Service to Veterans
- Diversity Award and Diversity Scholarship
- Doctors' Choice Award: top psychiatrist in August 2015
- Doctor's Choice Award: top psychiatrist in the town of Winchester in 2015
- Medication Management & Therapy
- Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis, Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Articles and Publications
Currently working on a publication.
What do you attribute your success to?
Her attention to her own personal weaknesses and the strong connection she builds with her patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Staying Healthy
Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.'s Practice location
Winchester, Massachusetts 01890 Get Direction
Cambridge, MA 02139 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carp
- Can ADHD Occur in Adulthood?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) doesn’t just occur in children. It can also occur during adulthood. Actually, it has been estimated that about 70% of adults continue to struggle with ADHD. In other cases, adults who have never been diagnosed with ADHD during their childhood days...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- 5 Reasons You May Be Nauseous After Eating
Nausea is an uncomfortable feeling and a cause for concern if it constantly occurs. It can be a warning sign of disease or a medical condition that may require immediate attention. However, not all cases of nausea are a sign of an underlying illness. There are numerous reasons that an individual can...
- What Is an Auditory Hallucination?
Auditory hallucinations are false perceptions of sound in the absence of an external stimulus. You basically hear voices talking to you or other noises or music, which others around you do not hear. It is a very common symptom among schizophrenics. As a percentage, about 70 percent of schizophrenic...
- What is Postpartum Depression?
After delivering a child, a mother can succumb to overwhelming emotions of fear and anxiety, which can ultimately lead to her development of depression. Postpartum depression (PPD) is a multitude of depressed emotions in the mother, which develop within four weeks of delivery. Baby blues, which most...
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- Dr. Richard Chasin M.D. 2 Appleton St Cambridge MA 02138
- Robert D. Mehlman 14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD 345 Boylston Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD 38 Crafts St Newton MA 02458
- Laura Ellen Dinerstein Other 94 Pleasant St Arlington MA 02476-6535
- Dr. Daniel W. Rosenn M.D. 310 Washington St Wellesley Hills MA 02481