Ruxandra Carp, MD, is an established psychiatrist with 9 years of experience in her field. She maintains a private practice in Winchester, Massachusetts, and is also affiliated with Beverly Hospital. Dr. Carp graduated from Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest in 1998. She is fellowship trained at the Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis, Cambridge Health Alliance, and Harvard Medical School. Dr. Carp??s expertise includes individualized integrative evidence-based pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy. She is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and maintains professional memberships with the American Psychiatric Association and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Education and Training
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
University of Bucharest
Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry (2012) & Board Certificatied in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2013)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- The Golden Heart Award For Outstanding Clinical Service to Veterans
- Diversity Award and Diversity Scholarship
- Doctors' Choice Award: top psychiatrist in August 2015
- Doctor's Choice Award: top psychiatrist in the town of Winchester in 2015
- Medication Management & Therapy
- Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis, Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Articles and Publications
Currently working on a publication.
What do you attribute your success to?
Her attention to her own personal weaknesses and the strong connection she builds with her patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Staying Healthy
Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.'s Practice location
Winchester, Massachusetts 01890 Get Direction
Cambridge, MA 02139 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carp
- Have You Heard About the Various Types of Depression?
Depression is a state of mind wherein people feel sad, anxious, and upset all the time. It is a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks, feels, and behaves. Depression happens when people's thoughts turn completely negative and they later become distant avoiding any form of social...
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- What Is Tourette’s?
Tourette’s syndrome is characterized by vocalization and movements that are involuntary and repetitive. It is a type of tic disorder. The pioneer Dr George Gilles De La Tourette first discovered the condition in 1885 in an eighty-six-year-old French noblewoman. Typically, in childhood, early...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- Dr. Richard Chasin M.D. 2 Appleton St Cambridge MA 02138
- Robert D. Mehlman 14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD 345 Boylston Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD 38 Crafts Street Newton Massachusetts 02458
- Laura Ellen Dinerstein Other 94 Pleasant Street Arlington Massachusetts 02476-6535
- Dr. Daniel W. Rosenn M.D. 310 Washington St Wellesley MA 02481