Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1 Mt Vernon St 208 Winchester Massachusetts , 01890
Ruxandra Carp, MD, is an established psychiatrist with 9 years of experience in her field. She maintains a private practice in Winchester, Massachusetts, and is also affiliated with Beverly Hospital. Dr. Carp graduated from Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest in 1998. She is fellowship trained at the Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis, Cambridge Health Alliance, and Harvard Medical School. Dr. Carpâ??s expertise includes individualized integrative evidence-based pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy. She is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and maintains professional memberships with the American Psychiatric Association and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Education and Training
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
University of Bucharest
Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry (2012) & Board Certificatied in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2013)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- The Golden Heart Award For Outstanding Clinical Service to Veterans
- Diversity Award and Diversity Scholarship
- Doctors' Choice Award: top psychiatrist in August 2015
- Doctor's Choice Award: top psychiatrist in the town of Winchester in 2015
- Medication Management & Therapy
- Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis, Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Articles and Publications
Currently working on a publication.
What do you attribute your success to?
Her attention to her own personal weaknesses and the strong connection she builds with her patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Staying Healthy
Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.'s Practice location
Winchester, Massachusetts 01890Get Direction
Cambridge, MA 02139Get Direction
Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carp
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- What Is Sertraline
Sertraline, also known as Zoloft in brand form, is an antidepressant that belongs to the group of drugs known as Select Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs). Sertraline is the oral form of the drug and is usually prescribed by a doctor. Being a generic drug, sertraline is cheaper than its brand...
- Pristiq vs. Effexor
Pristiq and Effexor are medications that have similar compositions and are produced by the same manufacturing company. Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) is an antidepressant, which has been recently approved by the FDA. The composition of Pristiq is similar to Wyeth’s existing antidepressant. The patent...
- Depression and Sex: How Depression Can Affect Your Sex Life
Maslow’s theory of needs describes sex as one of the basic requirements of human beings. The feelings of pleasure and contentment experienced during sex are rooted in the brain. Contrary to popular belief, our brain is the primary sex organ. When an individual indulges in sexual activity, our sex...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- How Is ADHD Diagnosed?
If you think the symptoms you’re experiencing are related to the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), you may need to consult your medical practitioner. If you’re bothered by your child’s condition, it would be wise talking to the teachers before seeking medical attention. This...
- Dr. Robert Doyle MDFranciscan Hospital Brighton MA 02135
- Dr. Richard Chasin M.D.2 Appleton St Cambridge MA 02138
- Robert D. Mehlman14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Tahir Tellioglu M.D.100 BLOSSOM ST BOSTON MA 02114
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD800 BOYLSTON ST FL 16 BOSTON MA 02199
- Laura Ellen Dinerstein Other30 WARREN ST BOSTON MA 02135