Ruxandra Carp, MD, is an established psychiatrist with 9 years of experience in her field. She maintains a private practice in Winchester, Massachusetts, and is also affiliated with Beverly Hospital. Dr. Carp graduated from Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest in 1998. She is fellowship trained at the Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis, Cambridge Health Alliance, and Harvard Medical School. Dr. Carp??s expertise includes individualized integrative evidence-based pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy. She is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and maintains professional memberships with the American Psychiatric Association and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Education and Training
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy
University of Bucharest
Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry (2012) & Board Certificatied in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (2013)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- The Golden Heart Award For Outstanding Clinical Service to Veterans
- Diversity Award and Diversity Scholarship
- Doctors' Choice Award: top psychiatrist in August 2015
- Doctor's Choice Award: top psychiatrist in the town of Winchester in 2015
- Medication Management & Therapy
- Chicago Institute for Psychoanalysis, Cambridge Health Alliance, Harvard Medical School
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Articles and Publications
Currently working on a publication.
What do you attribute your success to?
Her attention to her own personal weaknesses and the strong connection she builds with her patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Staying Healthy
Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.'s Practice location
Winchester, Massachusetts 01890Get Direction
Cambridge, MA 02139Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carp
- Clinical Depression: How it Affects Men and Women
Clinical depression is associated with social, occupational, and physical impairments. People commonly perceive that depression is a trivial condition that is not entirely genuine. However, depression is a real illness with real and debilitating symptoms, and should not be perceived as anything...
- What Are the Side Effects of Schizophrenia Medications?
For people with Schizophrenia, the most common and best cure lies in sticking to a treatment plan that involves a daily dose of medication. But, what one must remember is the fact that these medications carry with themselves a large number of risk factors that may present some serious challenges....
- Top 5 Signs You Might Be a Narcissist
A person may not even be aware of the fact that he is suffering from narcissism as it is extremely difficult to identify with very few symptoms. Such symptoms may only be identified by a trained therapist. A person suffering from narcissism should always consult a therapist to control his...
- Is Schizophrenia Fatal?
Schizophrenia by itself is not fatal like cancer or any other life-threatening diseases. However, many cases of death have been accounted for and the usual reason behind it is suicide. Moreover, people who have adopted habits such as smoking, taking prohibited drugs, or unhealthy eating, either due...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- How Does a Psychiatrist Treat Insomnia?
What is the First Step to Initiate When You Have Been Diagnosed with Insomnia?The most important step to finding a solution for your insomnia is to get to the root of it. Have a conversation about it with your family and inquire as to whether your insomnia may potentially be hereditary or genetic....
- Dr. Richard Chasin M.D.2 Appleton St Cambridge MA 02138
- Robert D. Mehlman14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MDMassachusetts General Hospital Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD1666 MASSACHUSETTS AVE LEXINGTON MA 02420
- Laura Ellen Dinerstein Other30 WARREN ST BOSTON MA 02135
- Dr. Daniel W. Rosenn M.D.310 Washington St Wellesley MA 02481