Ophthalmologist7621 Arroyo Del Oso Ave NE Albuquerque NM, 87109
Dr. Frank Durso is an ophthalmologist practicing in Albuquerque, NM. Dr. Durso specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Durso can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Durso can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
MD at Stritch School of Medicine: Loyola University Chicago
Areas of expertise and specialization
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Hobbies / Sports
- Exercise, Running
Frank Durso's Practice location
Albuquerque, NM 87109Get Direction
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- What Are the Causes of Conjunctivitis?
What is conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis, also commonly called as “pink eye”, is an eye infection caused by either bacteria or viruses. You can also develop a "pink eye" if you are exposed to certain allergens that can irritate your eyes. When you have a pink eye, the conjunctiva of your eye is...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- How to Prepare for Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis), commonly referred to as laser eye surgery or laser vision correction, is a revolutionary new technology that corrects distortion in vision using focused laser beams to remove corneal tissue. The reconstruction of the surface of the cornea enables it...
- Can I Have Cataract Surgery on Both Eyes at the Same Time?
When your doctor determines that both eyes have a cataract, the eye having a denser cataract will be operated on first. After a couple of days or weeks, the second eye can then be operated on.This approach gives the first eye time to recover and the vision to stabilize as you wait for another...
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- Dr. Frank James Mares M.D.5757 Harper Drive Northeast Albuquerque New Mexico 87109
- Dr. Kamalesh J Ramaiya MD5757 Harper Dr Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Nandini Menon M.D.5757 HARPER DR NE ALBUQUERQUE NM 87109
- Dr. Paul Anthony Sanchez MD7110 Wyoming Blvd Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. John Joseph Teahan M.D.7110 Wyoming Blvd Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Lan Chang M.D.5757 Harper Dr Ne Albuquerque NM 87109