Dr. Wendy Rathmell is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Nashville, Tennessee. Dr. Rathmell specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
PhD in Biophysics
MD at Stanford University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- International Public Speaking -
- ASCO Leadership Award
- The Ruth and Phillip Hettleman Award for Scholarly Achievement
- The V Scholar Award
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association for Cancer Research, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, The American Society for Clinical Investigation
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Having good mentors and to the work ethic with which she was raised.
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Wendy K. Rathmell's Practice location
Nashville, Tennessee 37232 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Wendy K. Rathmell | Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Wendy K. Rathmell's reviewsWrite Review
- How This Survivor Star Beat Hodgkin Lymphoma—Twice
Ethan Zohn is a survivor in many ways. In 2002, he outlasted 15 fiercely strong competitors on the popular TV show, Survivor: Africa. His strength, wit, athleticism, and perseverance won him a million-dollar prize after he defeated these opponents. However, his victory was short-lived. Little did he...
- Lymphoma, the Persistence of Inspirational Women, and the Power of Language
Each year, Leukemia and Blood Cancer New Zealand (LBC) sponsors their Blood Cancer Patient Forum. They invite speakers to bring them news about such topics as treatment advances and management of cancer from a fully developed psycho-social perspective. Essentially, they dish up good old-fashioned...
- Is Lymphoma-related PTSD Possible?
PTSD is something that one may not think of right away when thinking of chronic or life-threatening illnesses, but it should not be overlooked. Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, can affect all aspects of a person’s life and requires treatment by a specialist.The Diagnostic and Statistical...
- Schools Join the Fight Against Lymphoma and Blood Cancers
Students at St. Paul Catholic School in Weirton, West Virginia have made their mark in the battle against cancer. By participating in a Student Series program hosted by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, students were able to raise $2,006.93 and donate the proceeds to discovering a cure for...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Teen Finds Strength to Give Back After Battling Lymphoma
Ayden Mills is a 14-year-old middle school student residing in Vancouver, Washington. It’s easy to wonder how someone could be an inspiration at such a young age, but what Mills has gone fought through is nothing short of amazing. Mills’s story shows how it is possible to fight through even the...
- Dr. Denise A Yardley M.D. 250 25th Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Jesus G Berdeja M.D. 250 25th Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Laura F Mcclure barnes M.D. 353 New Shackle Island Rd Hendersonville TN 37075
- Dr. Ian Winchester Flinn M.D. 250 25th Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Michael B Hemphill MD 5653 Frist Blvd Hermitage TN 37076
- Dr. Natalie Spradlin MD 2601 Tvc Nashville TN 37232