Dr. Wendy Rathmell is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Nashville, Tennessee. Dr. Rathmell specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
PhD in Biophysics
MD at Stanford University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- International Public Speaking -
- ASCO Leadership Award
- The Ruth and Phillip Hettleman Award for Scholarly Achievement
- The V Scholar Award
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association for Cancer Research, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, The American Society for Clinical Investigation
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Having good mentors and to the work ethic with which she was raised.
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Wendy K. Rathmell's Practice location
Nashville, Tennessee 37232 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Wendy K. Rathmell | Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Wendy K. Rathmell's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Deal with Lymphoma Treatment Fatigue
Treatment fatigue is a very common problem among lymphoma patients. Whether the patient is doing pharmaceutical treatments, chemotherapy, or other treatments, they will likely lead to fatigue and a feeling of being burnt out.This article will go over what treatment fatigue is, symptoms that are...
- Is Lymphoma-related PTSD Possible?
PTSD is something that one may not think of right away when thinking of chronic or life-threatening illnesses, but it should not be overlooked. Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, can affect all aspects of a person’s life and requires treatment by a specialist.The Diagnostic and Statistical...
- Mr. T's Lessons on Life and Lymphoma
There are several things that Mr. T is known for, including his career as a WWF wrestler and his role as B.A. Baracus in the hit series ‘The A-Team’. To this day, he continues to remain a fun and stylish icon of the 80s. Nevertheless, Mr. T is not only known for his appearances on television,...
- Teen Finds Strength to Give Back After Battling Lymphoma
Ayden Mills is a 14-year-old middle school student residing in Vancouver, Washington. It’s easy to wonder how someone could be an inspiration at such a young age, but what Mills has gone fought through is nothing short of amazing. Mills’s story shows how it is possible to fight through even the...
- Teen with Hodgkin Lymphoma Skates with Her Hero, Mario Lemieux
Lillian Tarasiewicz was diagnosed with stage 3B Hodgkin lymphoma in October of 2015. She currently resides in South Carolina, but because of her father’s Pennsylvania background, she grew up with a love for hockey and for the Pittsburgh Penguins. She always felt a special connection to Mario...
- Stem Cell Therapy Puts 4-year-old's Ultra Rare Lymphoma in Remission
4-year-old Jovon Moss was diagnosed with X-linked Lymphoproliferative Syndrome, a rare disorder of the immune system that led him to being taken back and forth to the hospital since his 3rd birthday.Jovon’s journey began in September of last year, when his mother, Brittany Fluellen, first began to...
- Dr. Denise A Yardley M.D. 250 25th Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Olalekan Olaniyi Oluwole MD, MPH 720 Westview Dr Sw Atlanta GA 30310
- Dr. Jesus G Berdeja M.D. 250 25th Ave N Nashville TN 37203
- Dr. Michael Norbert Neuss M.D. 3601 The Vanderbilt Clinic Nashville TN 37232
- Dr. Laura F Mcclure barnes M.D. 353 New Shackle Island Rd Hendersonville TN 37075
- Dr. Ian Winchester Flinn M.D. 250 25th Ave N Nashville TN 37203