Seymour L. Alban
Orthopedist4401 Atlantic Ave Suite 110 Long Beach California, 90807
Seymour L. Alban, MD, FACS, is an orthopedic surgeon with over 63 years of experience with his own private practice, Alban-Wertheimer Orthopaedic in Long Beach, California. Educated at Loyola University Chicago, Dr. Alban completed an internship at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County and a residency at the US Veterans Hospital. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a professional member of the American College of Surgeons, International College of Surgeons, American Academy for Cerebral Palsy, and the North American Spine Society.
Education and Training
Loyola University Chicago
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and Regional Public Speaking -
- Medical Examiner -
- John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Surgeons, International College of Surgeons, American Academy for Cerebral Palsy, North American Spine Society
Articles and Publications
- Published Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- A love and passion for the field.
- Served in the United States Air Force 1947-1949.
Seymour L. Alban's Practice location
Long Beach, California 90807Get Direction
- Recovering from Knee Replacement Surgery
Proper rehabilitation and a well-carried out recovery give you the chance to get back on your feet and continue an active lifestyle after knee replacement surgery. Setting and working toward goals will hasten healing and improve your chances for long-term success. It is important to commit to a plan...
- How to Treat a Sprained Ankle
Ankle sprains are a very common ailment, particularly of women who have the habit of wearing high heels. Ankle sprains refer to the condition in which one of the ligaments in the ankle is injured. A history of ankle sprains will eventually make an individual prone to ankle sprains. Landing the foot...
- What Are the Different Types of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a type of joint disorder that involves the inflammation and deformation of one or more joints in the body. The term 'arthritis' comes from the Greek words 'arthro,' which means joint, and 'itis,' a suffix that implies inflammation. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- What are metatarsal bones?
The five long bones of the metatarsus of the foot are known as the metatarsals. Just as metacarpals of the hand are made of different components, similarly, metatarsals are made of different components such as a proximal base, shaft, and distal head. Arches of the foot are formed by the metatarsal...
- Can Sleeping with Hand Braces Slow Down Muscular Dystrophy?
In patients with muscular dystrophy, contractures usually occur as muscle breaks down. They begin at a very tender age of about 8 to 13. What this means is that muscles and tendons of the patient's wrists and hands tighten. Did you know that not all muscles lose strength at the same time? Hand...
- A Michael Moheimani M.D.980 Atlantic Ave. Long Beach CA 90813
- Dr. Vlad Gendelman M.D., FAAOS6200 WILSHIRE BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90048
- Dr. John Minoru Itamura MD1720 Cesar Chavez Avenue Los Angeles CA 90033
- Dr. Leslie K. Shokes MD2703 N Bristol St Santa Ana California 92706
- Dr. Barth B. Riedel MD1200 N STATE ST LOS ANGELES CA 90033
- Dr. Hooman M. Melamed M.D.13160 Mindanao Way Marina Del Rey California 90292