Dr. Mary South is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Akron, Ohio. Dr. South specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. South can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr South can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Robert A. Ross Award- 2004
- 4 Year Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 3 Year Fellowship in Urogynecology at Duke University Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, International Urogynecological Association
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- She tailors her treatment based on her patients desires and needs, she is a good listener, clinician and surgeon.
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking, Biking, Spending Time With 3 Children
- Summa Health System
- Aetna Advantage Dental
- Aetna Affordable Health Choices limited benefits insurance plan
- Aetna Choice POS
- Aetna Choice POS (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS II (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aetna Dental PPO/PDN
- Aetna Golden Choice Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Golden Medicare Plan (HMO)
- Aetna Health Network Only
- Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HealthFund Aetna Choice POS
- Aetna HealthFund Aetna Health Network Only
- Aetna HealthFund Aetna Health Network Option
- Aetna HealthFund HMO
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access Aetna Select
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access Managed Choice POS
- Aetna HealthFund Open Access POS II
- Aetna HealthFund Open Choice PPO
- Aetna Medicare Open (Private Fee-for-Service)
- Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO/Open Access HMO)
- Aetna Medicare Plan (PPO)
- Aetna Medicare Select (HMO)
- Aetna Medicare Special Needs
- Aetna Open Access Elect Choice (EPO)
- Aetna Open Access HMO
- Aetna Open Access Managed Choice (POS)
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Value Network HMO
- Aetna Vision
- Aetna Whole Health - Banner Health OAMC
- Aetna Whole Health - MW Comm. Health Solutions
- Aetna Whole Health- Banner Health Network HMO
- Aetna Workers' Comp Access
- Aexcel Aetna Select
- Aexcel Aetna Select (Open Access)
- Aexcel Choice POS II
- Aexcel Choice POS II (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Elect Choice EPO
- Aexcel Elect Choice EPO (Open Access)
- Aexcel Managed Choice POS
- Aexcel Managed Choice POS (Open Access)
- Aexcel Open Access Aetna Select (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Open Access Elect Choice (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Open Access Managed Choice POS (HealthFund)
- Aexcel PPO
- Aexcel PPO (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus
- Aexcel Plus Aetna Select
- Aexcel Plus Aetna Select (Open Access)
- Aexcel Plus Choice POS II
- Aexcel Plus Choice POS II (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus Elect Choice EPO
- Aexcel Plus Elect Choice EPO (Open Access)
- Aexcel Plus Managed Choice POS
- Aexcel Plus Managed Choice POS (Open Access)
- Aexcel Plus Open Access Aetna Select (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus Open Access Elect Choice (Aetna HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus Open Access Managed Choice POS (HealthFund)
- Aexcel Plus PPO
- Aexcel Plus PPO (Aetna HealthFund)
- Affordable Health Choices
- Behavioral Healthcare Program
- Better Health
- Better Health Kids Pennsylvania
- Elect Choice (EPO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- HCA Smart Care Base (PPO)
- HCA Smart Care Plus (PPO)
- HCA Smart Care Select
- HCA Smart Care Value (PPO)
- HCA Well Care (Level 3)
- HCA Well Care (Levels 1 & 2)
- HMO (Open Access)
- HMO Deductible Plan
- HMO Deductible Plan (CA members only)
- Healthy New York HMO
- Illinois Community Network
- Illinois Managed Choice Network
- LM Healthworks
- MCOA 7500
- Managed Choice (POS)
- Managed Choice Open Access
- Managed Choice Open Access HDHP
- Managed Choice Open Access Value 1500
- Managed Choice Open Access Value 5000
- Medicare Plan (HMO / Open Access HMO)
- Medicare Plan (PPO)
- Medicare Rx Premier (PDP)
- NYC Community Plan
- National Advantage Program
- New York Certified PPO (Workers' Comp)
- New York Recommendation of Care PPO (Workers' Comp)
- North Shore LIJ Employee Health Plan (CIIPA)
- Open Access Aetna Select
- Open Choice (PPO)
- PCP Referral Plan (TX only)
- Preventative and Hospital Care 3000
- Quality Point-of-Service (QPOS)
- Savings Plus of Arizona
- Savings Plus of Chicago, IL
- Savings Plus of Florida (Brevard and Tampa)
- Savings Plus of Lake County, OH
- Savings Plus of Oklahoma
- Savings Plus of Texas
- Signature Administrators
- Student Health Plans
- Texas CHIP
- Texas STAR (Medicaid)
- Texas Voluntary/Informal (Workers' Comp)
- Traditional Choice Indemnity
- Vitalidad Mexico con Aetna
- Vitalidad Plus California con Aetna
- Volunteer Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of Illinois
- Basic Blue (Traditional)
- Blue Pathway
- BlueAdvantage Entrepreneur HMO
- BlueAdvantage Entrepreneur PPO
- BlueAdvantage HMO
- BlueChoice Pathway
- BlueChoice Select
- BlueChoice Value
- BluePrint HMO
- BluePrint PPO
- BlueValue Advantage
- Community Participating Option
- HMO Illinois
- Medicare Supplement
- SelecTEMP PPO
- SelectBlue Advantage
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
- Humana Health
- Autograph Share 80 Plus Rx
- Autograph Total HSA
- Autograph Total Plus Rx/HSA
- COT National POS - Open Access
- Choice POS
- Condell Custom PPO
- Contact Behavioral Health
- Copay 70%
- Copay 80%
- DaimlerChrysler Network
- Dell National EPO
- EPO PPO Open Access
- Enhanced (PDP)
- Enhanced Copay
- Enhanced HSA
- Exam Plus (VCP)
- EyeMed Advantage
- EyeMed Focus
- EyeMed Optimum
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- GE Health Care Preferred
- Group Medicare HMO
- Group Medicare PPO
- HMO IPA
- HMO Premier
- HMO Select
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- HealthCare Partners
- High Deductible Health Plan
- Hospira Premier HMO Illinois
- Humana Behavioral Health
- Humana Cares
- Humana Classic
- Humana Enhanced PDP
- Humana Family (Florida Medicaid)
- Humana Gold Choice PFFS
- Humana Gold Plus HMO (Medicare)
- Humana Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan F
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan A
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan B
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan C
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan K
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan L
- Humana Medicare Supplement Plan N
- Humana Preferred Kroger Lou
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Advantage Plan
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement A
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement High Deductible F
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement Plan F
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement Plan K
- Humana Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Supplement Plan N
- Humana Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan PDP
- Humana/ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana/ChoiceCare+ Network PPO
- HumanaChoice (PPO)
- HumanaChoicePPO (Medicare PPO)
- HumanaOnce HSA
- HumanaOne Copay
- HumanaOne Enhanced
- HumanaOne Enhanced Copay
- HumanaOne Enhanced HSA
- HumanaOne Value
- HumanaPreferred POS-OpenAccess
- Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plan F
- Medicare Supplement Plan B
- Medicare Supplement Plan C
- Mental Health (MHNet)
- Monogram Total Plus Rx
- National EPO
- National HMO
- National POS - Open Access
- National POS - Open Access Plus
- National POS - OpenAccess
- National POS - OpenAccess Plus
- P&G National POS
- Personal Care Account (PCA)
- Personal Care Account PPO
- Point of Service
- Portrait Share 80 Plus Rx Unlimited
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- RHS Provider Network
- Saint Joseph Hospital NPOS
- St Vincents Health System
- US Bank
- UT HMO
- Value 100%
- Vision Care Plan (VCP)
- Walmart-Preferred Rx Plan (PDP)
- Medical Mutual
- Multiplan PHCS
- Mutual of Omaha
- Sagamore Health Network
- AARP MedicareComplete
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Essential
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Premier
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Value
- AARP MedicareRx Enhanced (PDP)
- AARP MedicareRx Preferred (PDP)
- AARP MedicareRx Preferred (PDP)
- Compass Rose Health Plan FEHP FFS (PPO)
- Copay Select
- Definity Choice Plus
- Definity PPO
- Dual Complete LP
- Dual Complete RP
- Evercare Plan DH (HMO SNP)
- Evercare Plan RDP (RPPOSNP)
- Harvard Pilgrim Choice
- Harvard Pilgrim Choice Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim Options
- Healthy NY
- Heritage Choice
- Heritage Choice Standard
- Heritage Plus - Arkansas
- Heritage Plus - Georgia
- Heritage Plus - North Carolina
- Heritage Plus - South Carolina
- Heritage Plus/Heritage EPO
- Heritage Premier
- Heritage Select
- M.D. IPA
- M.D. IPA Preferred
- Medica Choice
- Medicare Advantage HMO
- Medicare Advantage PFFS
- Medicare Advantage POS
- Medicare Advantage PPO
- MedicareComplete Choice Essential
- MedicareComplete Choice Plan 2
- MedicareComplete Essential
- MedicareComplete Plan 1
- MedicareComplete Plus
- Neighborhood Health Partnership (NHP) - Commercial
- Neighborhood Health Partnership (NHP) - Mercy Select
- Nursing Home Plan
- Optimum Choice
- Optimum Choice Preferred
- Pacificare SignatureElite Plus
- River Valley Choice Plus
- Secure Horizons Medicare
- Sharp SecureHorizons Plan by UnitedHealthcare
- Sierra Health and Life
- SignatureValue Advantage
- SignatureValue HealthCare Partners Network
- Suite Spot
- The Empire Plan
- United Behavioral Health
- United HealthOne
- United Healthcare Navigate
- United Healthcare Navigate Plus
- United Healthcare Navigate/Navigate Balanced
- UnitedHealthcare Basics
- UnitedHealthcare Catalyst
- UnitedHealthcare Choice
- UnitedHealthcare Choice HMO/Choice Plus HMO
- UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan for Families
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan for Kids
- UnitedHealthcare Core
- UnitedHealthcare Dental Options PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Advantage
- UnitedHealthcare Dual Complete (HMO SNP)
- UnitedHealthcare EDGE
- UnitedHealthcare Heritage
- UnitedHealthcare Mutli-Choice
- UnitedHealthcare Options PPO
- UnitedHealthcare Pledge
- UnitedHealthcare Select EPO
- UnitedHealthcare Select HMO
- UnitedHealthcare Select Plus HMO
- UnitedHealthcare Select Plus POS
- UnitedHealthcare iPlan Choice Plus
- UnitedHealthcare iPlan PPO
Dr. Mary South MD's Practice location
CINCINNATI, OH 45219 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mary South MD | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mary South MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. South
Dr South and her staff are AMAZING.
Excellent Doctor! Kind and personable.
Thorough and attentive. Took plenty of time.
Very friendly doctor dr south I want to thank you for fixing me
I had a very pleasant experience. The staff was very helpful and pleasant and dr south was ver informative and professional
Wonderful. Clear presentation. Compassionate and caring staff.
Kind, friendly and makes discussing difficulties easy. Gives clear and concise information and solutions.
Loved her, she pleasant, informative and made me very comfortable.
Excellent care and resource for women. Dr South and the NCP are compassionate and knowledgable.
Very knowledgable, and helpful
Awesome!! Thought I had one problem found out it was something else entirely. Highly recommend!
Very professional and listened to my concerns.
I would recommend her to everyone, very warm and welcoming, as well as professional.
Dr South is patient, kind, personable, I feel as if I've known her a long time. I have limitations that often make me late to an appointment No matter when I start to get ready, I was 15 min late and would have been disappointed but she could have me reschedule-- but she saw me and didn't make me feel rushed or as if I was an inconvenience ! She is easy to talk to and seems genuine to my issues. I have given her name out too several of my GF,s Dr South is a bomb! Love her! PS: when I was wheeled into surgery She had many " minions" so polite and she ruled her crew w humor as I instigated my orneriness !
Very good appointment, all were so kind and I appreciate you,,Mary....Thank you so much!
Very knowledgable - a one stop shop for women! Thumbs up!!
Due to my Fibromyalgia ANY exam is extremely painful however, Dr.South was very gentle and kind with me.
Very kind and easy to talk to about my health concerns
I would highly recommend Dr. South and the whole office team here. I found Dr. South to be very personable. All interactions were as comfortable as possible, considering the personal issues dealt with in this area of specialty. Response time and information provided before and after surgery were complete and easy to understand.
I trust this doctor and so glad I am her patient
Great first visit with Dr South. Very informative.
Dr South was excellent. Very efficient and thorough. Pleasant and I would recommend her
Everyone here is very knowledgable and extremely kind. Thank you for making a embarrassing problem aproachable.
Great visit, loved the staff! Thank you!
Very caring and helpful.
I would follow her to the moon if that's where is she moves her practice.
Excellent Doctor and staff
Does a great job very thorough
Amazing Doctor, very thorough and comforting. She explains procedures, symptoms, and diagnosis very well. A
Never have to wait for only about 10 minutes or so . Dr Mary listens to everything and does help every time
Dr South always takes the time to talk and fixes whatever I need no other Dr like her She is very trust worthy
I was very pleased she was very friendly and knowledgeable. I was nervous and she pit me at ease.
Dr. South is great! So compassionate and helpful. Highly recommend!
Listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. She explained things in a way that was easy to understand, high made me feel comforted and reassured.
Dr. South is AH-mazing! She has helped me life my life with Botox of the bladder.
Awesome experience. She was very professional and explained everything very well.
Personalable. and thorough
Excellent info..great attitude.extremely helpful and knowledgable..I highly recommend her
She made me feel very comfortable. Great at placing a urinary catheter!!
She is the best. I have been goin through her for a couple years. And I will follow her to a different state if I had too.
Great listener and very helpful! Gave me peace of mind
Very good experience.. Pleasant office atmosphere. Dr South was on time, thorough, and answered all my questions and concerns.
Very pleasant. Thorough.
Excellent service and bed side manner
Excellent service and bed side manner
Very pleasant. Thorough.
Mary is amazing !!!!
Dr. South is absolutely amazing. She takes the time to listen and hear me out! Amazing staff!!
Dr. South is absolutely amazing. She takes the time to listen and hear me out! Amazing staff!!
Mary is amazing !!!!
Very knowledgeable to the point kind
Dr. Was great and I felt safe and comfortable.
Very helpful first visit and explained everything well
Dr. South was very pleasant and informative. She was very patient and seemed to really care about my symptoms. I appreciate the complete work up that she ordered to make sure everything is being checked.
Dr. South has been so helpful to me and my needs, I would recommend her to anyone!!
Very good Dr she listens to me and helps in anyway she can you get in very fast and the staff is great
Love her so far. On time and and very knowledgable.
Hugely helped with my issues. Continuing a bit longer with pt and pelvic floor therapy
Dr South is very attentive Dr I usually do not like women Dr's but she listed to u and does not pass judgement b 4 she talks to you only woman Dr that I would refer to anyone office is clean u get right in and she sees u right if u need a same visit The staff is polite which u do not seem to get this kind of treatment the rooms r nicely decorated They really care for patients the longest I have ever waited was about 15 minutes I can sit here all day and say fantastic things about this office but until u make an appointment u will not believe it T he lord sent DR Mary South
So thankful I found Dr. South. I have suffered for 5 years with Pelvic pain. Doctors at the Cleveland Clinic recommended surgery twice and couldn't give me a reason why. Dr. South immediately knew what was wrong and that surgery would make my condition WORSE!
My first visit I have to admit I was very nervous. The staff is very nice made me feel comfortable. Dr . South was comforting and explained things thorouhly. Definitely recommend friends and family.
I love love this woman. Dr. South is the best by far. I have been dealing with IC for 5 yrs and she is the only one that has helped method far. If I could I would give her 20 stars
Very pleasant. Staff was awesome. Really glad my primary dr sent me here
Very efficient and accommodating!
Excellent Dr. South and staff!
Very patient oriented :)
Excellent Dr. and staff experience.
Excellent I love her and the office staff are awesome.
Initial visit was comfortable. Gave thorough explanation of next plan for tests and diagnosis. Look forward to some resolution.
I came in for PNE. Dr. South and her nurse and the representative from Medtronics were there. The procedure went well.
Dr. South is fantastic!!!!!
Very knowledgable with an excellent bedside manner. I'm happy to have her as my new physician.
I've already done a review for Dr. South & she is fantastic!! I also wanted to do a review for Kathy, who does the PFMR. Her personality, calm attitude, and skill level really made the visits easier for me. She is very good at what she does and it really shows!
The pelvic floor therapy worked to reduce my frequency of "leaking" accidents. Much less invasive than surgery. Would highly recommend trying the therapy.
I am so excited about how this will work. I have been reading about this for a year. First treatment done and Dr Smith is very professional! Thank you to the great staff too!
She made me feel very comfortable. Explained info well and very professional.
Dr South is AWESOME!
Mary helped with a issue quickly and it was not painful
- Connie b
Dr. Mary South is passionate about helping women with their health issues. She takes time to really listen to your needs and concerns and then lays out your options in plain English. Thank you, Dr. South, for helping to change my quality of lifeâ€šÃ„Â¶and also to your staff who reflects your compassion.
Happy to finally have answers and solutions! Staff is very friendly. Wait time in waiting room was very short. Very happy with the service I received today.
Would recommend her to my entire family, one of the best docs I've ever came across.
Very professional and I feel confident she can help me. Looking forward to the next step!
My first visit with Dr. South was great. She is very personable, she explained everything thoroughly. I feel I will be happy with her as my physician!
Very good visit!
I felt very well taken care of. Dr South listened to my concerns and was very responsive. I would definitely recommend her to other women.
very friendly explained diagnosis liked her professlional attitude
The visit was exceptional and very informative!
She was extremely efficient and knowledeable. Terrific! Kind.
Everything seems to be fine. I'm confident in doctor's ability and the procedure. I also like new location. I'll be back as needed. Thank you. This procedure is a godsend.
Very kind and professional
I thought she was very nice and ver thorough and am very happy with the suggested course of therapy.
Dr. South is committed to helping and it shows in each appointment
Great appt. made me feel right at ease. explained everything clearly, answered all questions.
Good bedside manners. Very personable. Understanding!
Dr. South is very kind and thorough.
She is very awesome n easy to talk to
Dr South is wonderful, Before I became a new patient she answered questions over the phone for me! While she was in transition of her new office and private practice, she gave me her personal cell number so I could call if I needed her help with my circumstances! In this day and age... That is pretty spectacular!
Great, no complaints
Made me feel very comfortable. Explains things in detail.
Good experience. Appt on time. Helpful staff.
She always listens to me and my appointment is always on time
She is the best doctor you will ever have and I hope to come again.
She listened to everything I had to say and when she said that she really cared she meant it. I recommend her to you and I bet you will love her to.
Best urologist I have ever been to. I have MS and I've seen many. Always willing to try to help with any issues. Love her !!!
Great and I hope it all works out.
Very friendly! Explains everything to me and is very nice. Would recommend her to everyone.
This is my first time here. All the ladies are very nice here including the dr. She is very caring of her patients. It's hard to find Drs like her anymore.
She is awesome! She was there for me even when she was on vacation and I was very pleased.
She is wonderful!!!!!
Dr. South is so kind and she makes sure that she does everything in her power to help me. I would never go to anyone else.
Dr. South is an incredible Doctor, she has helped me through a lot and is very understanding. She is always willing to listen and help me with any problem I have. I highly recommend her.
I am pleased with surgery. My doctor and staff were very kind and helpful.
Dr South and her team makes me feel so welcomed and comfortable in her office. Her knowledge, expertise and personality make her the best doctor I've ever had.
Appreciate the staff, Dr. south has been very helpful.
Very efficient, thorough and listened to me. Highly recommend her!!!,
She is fantastic!!!
Great office to be at. Very welcoming and professional. Will tell family and friends. Thank you!
Very friendly and felt very comfortable with Dr.South
A most compassionate, knowledgeable, competent, and any other superlative that can be used for an excellent Dr. I got on within a week of my initial appointment. My surgery was less time than anticipated and went great! I have been actively recruiting new potential patients and recommend her highly. Office staff also needs to be rated 5 stars!
Felt information and care provided was very thorough and personal. Would definitely recommend Dr South.
The Mona Lisa Touch treatment wasn't painful. Dr. South was wonderful along with the staff.
Dr.South was amazing! After years of getting the runaround, I was able to find a treatment option that worked!
So helpful and kind
Excellent staff great first time experience
I love Dr. South. She has been so understanding and helpful with me dealing with my bladder disorder
Very nice and caring will be back
I'm greatly impressed with Dr. South compassion and attention to details. Takes time to listen to all your needs.
Awesome! Very professional, and very good at what she does.
Absolutely one of the best doctors I have ever been to. Very good at knowing what needs to be done. Love her!
Love her to death, she made me feel very comfortable and spent a lot of time answering all my questions. I will recommend her to all my friends and family. ï£¿Ã¼Ã²Ã¤
Dr. Mary South is an incredible Doctor!+ Show More
- Holistic Treatments for Vaginitis
The inflammation of the vagina is what is known as vaginitis. The most common types take place when too much of certain kinds of bacteria or fungi grow, upsetting the vagina's delicate balance.Normally, some bacteria are present in the area around the vagina. An infection can develop when levels of...
- How Does Your Baby Develop During the First Trimester?
When a woman becomes pregnant, her periods stop. Pregnancy starts when the egg that has been released from the ovaries is fertilized by a sperm. It usually lasts about 40 weeks and is divided into three trimesters. The first, second and third months are considered the first trimester of pregnancy....
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Care in Young Women with Cystic Fibrosis
The Journal of Cystic Fibrosis has published recent study results on research into the sexual and reproductive health care in young women with cystic fibrosis.This study compared the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care of those with CF to the general U.S. population. Both groups of women were...
- Cervical Cancer Defined
The cervix connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main types of cells in the cervix...
- What Doctor Can I See if I Have Genital Herpes?
Seizures, blood clots, and other life-threatening complications can arise from dehydration, which develops when the body lacks enough fluids. According to studies, energy and mood can be greatly affected even by mild dehydration. So detecting dehydration early is crucial although the signs will not...
- Dr. Barry J. Fish M.D. 100 Merz Blvd. Fairlawn Ohio 44333
- Dr. Beth A. Reynolds DO 6847 North Chestnut Street Ravenna Ohio 44266
- Balasubramaniam Chitrabanu 1470 East Valentine Circle Canton Ohio 44708
- Dr. Nancy Mcgrievy M.D. 215 W. Bowery St. Akron OH 44308
- Dr. Stephen S Crane M.D. 1 Perkins Sq Akron OH 44308
- Dr. Cheryl Jackson Johnson M.D. 1 Park West Blvd Akron OH 44320