Dr. Tinea J. Savage-Otey MD
I am a general pediatrician whose practice is focused solely on non-infectious, pediatric mental health issues. I work under the supervision of a pediatric psychiatrist. I am a former preschool and camp art instructor. I formulated a lecture series to teach preteens about their changing bodies. I was also a television specialist on pediatric topics. I was the keynote speaker for the Virginia Early Childhood Health Institute Symposium in 2011. I have precepted medical students and nurse practitioners.
Education and Training
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1998
American Board of Pediatrics 2005
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Before Lupus She Was On Television, Did Public Speaking -
- In Past Precepted Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants & Medical Students -
- Key Note Speaker- 2011 -
- Physician Recognition Award From the American Medical Association, 2002-2004
- American Academy of Pediatrics Fellow 2006
- American College of Physicians 2006
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- ADHD, Autism, Developmental Delays, Behavioral Issues, Depression, Anxiety, Mood Disorders
What do you attribute your success to?
Many of my life experiences have helped me to relate to my patients. I can use my various life experiences to relate to my patients and explain things so they understand.
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics
Dr. Tinea J. Savage-Otey MD's Practice location
, VA 23666Get Direction
Hampton, VA 23666Get Direction
Woodstock, VA 22664Get Direction
- What Is a Rotavirus Vaccine?
A rotavirus is an oral vaccine against the rotavirus infection, which causes diarrhea, vomiting, fever, and headache in babies aged between 8-12 weeks. The diarrhea can be severe, which leads to dehydration. This vaccine is given to the child through the mouth using a dropper. Who should have a...
- 10 Tips for New Autism Parents
When you are raising children, an autism diagnosis can knock you off your feet. It means lifestyle change, not only for you and your child but for your whole family.If your child has just been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), you understand exactly what we are talking about.At this...
- Autism: Why Does Oxytocin Treatment Help Only Some Children?
For parents, treating their children is the most important task possible. However, it can often be immensely confusing when certain treatments and medications are saviors for some children while hardly affecting others. Oxytocin is one of these treatments that has seen a wide range of responses...
- What Should I Do if My Child Wets the Bed?
Many studies have uncovered the reasons behind bedwetting and what can be done for improving the condition in children. A report on bedwetting mentions the common misconceptions about bedwetting and the progress in finding the cause and treatment of this condition.Darcie Kiddoo, MD, associate...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What to Do If Your Baby Has a Milk Protein Allergy
Milk Protein AllergyOne of the most common food allergies in babies and young children is cow's milk allergy. The good news is that milk allergies are usually outgrown by babies when they turn 2 or 3 years old. Its symptoms are usually managed by consuming a dairy-free diet. Regular milk is...
- Dr. David Jonas Holzsager MD23 Manhattan Sq Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Linda Catherine Leedie M.D.2115 Executive Dr Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Tamar Christine Ledbetter M.D.2115 Executive Dr Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Mark Edward Holman M.D.901 ENTERPRISE PARKWAY HAMPTON VA 23666
- Dr. Vickie Cortessa Motley MD2200 Executive Dr Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Jose Ramon c Ongkingco MD, FAAP23 Manhattan Sq Hampton VA 23666