I am a general pediatrician whose practice is focused solely on non-infectious, pediatric mental health issues. I work under the supervision of a pediatric psychiatrist. I am a former preschool and camp art instructor. I formulated a lecture series to teach preteens about their changing bodies. I was also a television specialist on pediatric topics. I was the keynote speaker for the Virginia Early Childhood Health Institute Symposium in 2011. I have precepted medical students and nurse practitioners.
Education and Training
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1998
American Board of Pediatrics 2005
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Before Lupus She Was On Television, Did Public Speaking -
- In Past Precepted Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants & Medical Students -
- Key Note Speaker- 2011 -
- Physician Recognition Award From the American Medical Association, 2002-2004
- American Academy of Pediatrics Fellow 2006
- American College of Physicians 2006
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Vidant Medical Center/East Carolina University Program
- ADHD, Autism, Developmental Delays, Behavioral Issues, Depression, Anxiety, Mood Disorders
What do you attribute your success to?
Many of my life experiences have helped me to relate to my patients. I can use my various life experiences to relate to my patients and explain things so they understand.
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics
Dr. Tinea J. Savage-Otey MD's Practice location
Hampton, VA 23666Get Direction
WOODSTOCK, VA 22664Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Tinea J. Savage-Otey MD | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Tinea J. Savage-Otey MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of the Measles?
Measles, or rubeola, is a viral infection that mostly affects children, but can be seen at any age. This contagious infection is characterized by rashes that spread all over the body. Measles are now able to be contained via vaccination. The disease can be fatal for small children under the age of...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- The Autism and Vaccine Debate
There has been a heated debate across the US on whether vaccines could be potentially damaging to children. Some have strong opinions on this subject, but as always, people are encouraged to understand the facts to help them come to their own conclusions.This article is not meant to change...
- What Are the Symptoms and Causes of Oral Thrush?
Infection of the mouth and throat by the fungus Candida albicans is known as thrush. The same fungus may infect other parts of the body, resulting in diseases like diaper rash and vaginal yeast infections. Candida infections are seen in children, older adults, and those with weak immune system. The...
- Dr. David Jonas Holzsager MD23 Manhattan Sq Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Jose Ramon c Ongkingco MD, FAAP23 Manhattan Sq Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Linda Catherine Leedie M.D.2115 Executive Dr Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Mark Edward Holman M.D.2115 Executive Dr Hampton VA 23666
- Mrs. Minnie Z Stiff MD2110 Hartford Rd Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Tamar Christine Ledbetter M.D.2115 Executive Dr Hampton VA 23666