Ernesto D. Golez III, MD, is an ophthalmologist at Specialty Eyecare Centre in Bellevue, Washington and is affiliated with Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. He specializes in ophthalmology and glaucoma. Educated at the University of the Philippines College of Medicine, Dr. Golez completed an internship at the University of the Philippines-Philippine General Hospital and fellowship at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary. He is an active member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Washington Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons, and the Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology.
Education and Training
Bachelor of Science Major in Biology at the University of the Philippines College of Arts and Sciences
MD at the University of the Philippines College of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- 3 rd Place PGH Residents Research Forum, UP-PGH. Effect of dorzolamide versus timolol maleate on the central corneal thickness of Filipino glaucomatous eyes. Ophthalmology Research Paper-2007
- 1 st Place Department Senior Residentâ€™s Research Paper Contest. Effect of dorzolamide versus timolol maleate on the central corneal thickness of Filipino glaucomatous eyes. Ophthalmology Research Paper-2007
- 1 st Place Committee on Research Implementation and Development, UP Manila. Development of a rapid colorimetric screening test for glucose-6- phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency: a preliminary study. Biochemistry Research Paper-1999
- 1 st Place 6th Inventors-Innovators Fair, UP Manila. Development of a rapid colorimetric screening test for glucose-6- phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency: a preliminary study. Biochemistry Research Paper-1999
- 2nd Place 6th Inventors-Innovators Fair, UP Manila. The cost-effective metabolic cage. Physiology Project-1999
- Cum laude, Bachelor of Science Major in Biology, UP Manila-1998
- University/College Scholar, UP Manila-1997
- University of the Philippines-Philippine General Hospital, Advanced Glaucoma Specialists, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Washington Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons, Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology
Articles and Publications
- Golez E, Latina M, Shazly T. Longitudinal evaluation of selective laser trabeculoplasty repeatability in eyes with pseudoexfoliation glaucoma. Presented at the Association for Research in Vision and
- Shazly T, Golez E, Latina M. Low-coherence reflectometry (OLCR) versus ultrasonic techniques of pachymetry in glaucomatous and non-glaucomatous eyes. Presented at the Association for Research in Vis
- Golez E, Latina M. The use of anterior segment imaging after trabeculectomy. Semin Ophthalmol 2012; 27(5-6):155- 159. Review Paper- 2012
- Golez E, Shazly T, Porta A, Latina M. SLT A Cost Equivalence Study: A comparison of the cost of various classes of medications to the cost effectiveness of SLT in the treatment of primary open angle
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard work and enjoyment in his field.
Hobbies / Sports
- Singing in the Choir
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
Ernesto D. Golez III's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Ernesto D. Golez III | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Ernesto D. Golez III's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- What is Blepharitis?
What is Blepharitis?Blepharitis is the inflammation of the eyelids, usually affecting both of the eyelids where eyelashes grow.The inflammation of the eyelids is often a chronic medical condition, which is very hard to treat. Blepharitis is a condition that does not affect vision. It is also not...
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What is Neonatal Conjunctivitis?
Neonatal conjunctivitis or ophthalmia neonatorum is a type of infection that newborns contract during delivery. The newborns contract this infection in cases when the mother is infected with Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Neonatal conjunctivitis is any type of conjunctivitis that...
- Signs and Symptoms of Conjunctivitis
There are many causes of conjunctivitis such as:...
- Dr. Richard E Bensinger M.D.1221 Madison St Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Harsha Reddy M.D.1200 N State St Los Angeles CA 90033
- Dr. Salman Porbandarwalla M.D., M.S.6th Avenue & Spruce Street Reading PA 19611
- Dr. Michael Steiner MD16233 Sylvester Rd Sw Seattle WA 98166
- Dr. Kent G Leavitt MD1135 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. Michael L Gilbert MD12301 Ne 10th Pl Bellevue WA 98005