Dr. Richard Ozuna is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Peabody, Massachusetts. Dr. Ozuna specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Ozuna tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
MD at Harvard University
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1988
Harvard Medical School 1988
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Regional variations in certain cellular characteristics in human lumbar intervertebral discs, including the presence of alpha-smooth muscle actin.
- A prospective randomized multi-center study for the treatment of lumbar spinal stenosis with the X STOP interspinous implant: 1-year results.
- Alpha-smooth muscle actin in pathological human disc nucleus pulposus cells in vivo and in vitro.
- A multicenter, prospective, randomized trial evaluating the X STOP interspinous process decompression system for the treatment of neurogenic intermittent claudication: two-year follow-up results.
- Quality of life of lumbar stenosis-treated patients in whom the X STOP interspinous device was implanted.
- Conversion of failed modern unicompartmental arthroplasty to total knee arthroplasty.
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Research Award, North American Spine Society, 2000
- Top Doctor, 2006-Present
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Ucla Med Ctr/Ucla D Geffen Sch, Orthopedic Surgery; Mass Gen Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery
- Massachusetts General Hospital Program
- Chief Resident, Harvard Orthopaedics Combined Residency Training Program, 1993-1994
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Massachusetts Medical Society, Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association, North American Spine Society
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Putting patients first and caring for them.
Hobbies / Sports
- Snow Skiing, Water Sports in the Summer
- Beverly Hospital
- Lahey Health
- Winchester Hospital
- Addison Gilbert Hospital
- Anna Jaques Hospital
- Memorial Hospital of Salem County
- Union Hospital
Dr. Richard Morales Ozuna M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard Morales Ozuna M.D. | Orthopedist | Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard Morales Ozuna M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons for Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of parts of your natural knee joint and replacing them with artificial parts known as prostheses. Knee replacement is a very common procedure used to repair your knee joint.Many conditions can make your doctor decide to...
- What Is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
This is a type of surgery used in treating spinal stenosis, a condition that occurs due to the narrowing of space between the spinal vertebrae. In order to have a better understanding about spinal stenosis surgery, it is important to have a clear idea about the conditions which lead to this...
- Symptoms of Gout in Knee
What is gout in knee?Gout in knee is an inflammatory condition that causes swelling and pain in the knee joints. In the US, approximately 1-2 people in every 100 suffer from gout. Men are more likely to be affected by this condition than women with a peak-incidence age of 75. There are recurrent...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and swelling in the joints. It may also affect the tissues surrounding the joints and other adjacent or connective tissues, and its adverse effects may be either on one or multiple joints. The arthritic disease or condition can be categorized into...
- Dr. Robert Kyle Fullick MD6400 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. Michael S. Kain M.D.41 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01805
- Dr. Joseph C. McCarthy MD55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114
- Dr. Virginia Mooney Jones MD1265 Hwy 54 W Fayetteville GA 30214
- Dr. Ariana Vora MD5 Longfellow Place Boston Massachusetts 2114
- Dr. Carl Christopher Eierle MD600 S Pine Island Road Plantation FL 33324