Scott G. Sagraves, MD, is a trauma surgeon at St. Luke??s Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri with over 16 years of experience. Educated at the National University of Health Sciences, Dr. Sagraves completed an internship at Maricopa Integrated Health System and a fellowship at Orlando Regional Health Program. He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a professional member of the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma and the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma, the latter of which he is a Past President and current Vice President.
Education and Training
MD at the National University of Health Sciences
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science 1993
American Board of Surgery
Board Certified in Critical Care
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Surgical Critical Care
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- 2008
- Abdominal closure in the critically ill patient.
- High-pressure water jet injury to the neck and arm.
- Acute management of traumatic hemi-section of the female pelvis with one-year follow-up.
- Maintaining relevance in a revolving trauma world.
- Acute Management of Traumatic Hemi-Section of the Female Pelvis with One-Year Follow-up.
- Mitral and tricuspid valve rupture from blunt trauma sustained during a motor vehicle collision.
- Survival in major burn injuries is predicted by early response to Swan-Ganz-guided resuscitation.
- Hyperdynamic resuscitation improves survival in patients with life-threatening burns.
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Regional and National Public Speaking -
- UNC 2005 Board of Governors Award
- Brody SOM at ECU 2002-2003 Teaching Award
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Member TRAUMA QUALITY MANAGEMENT, ORLANDO REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
- Member SURGICAL/TRAUMA COLLABORATIVE TEAM, ORLANDO REG MED CENTER
- Member CRITICAL CARE COMMITTEE, ORLANDO REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
- Member TRAUMA QUALITY ASSURANCE, MARICOPA MEDICAL CENTER
- Member EASTERN ASSOCIATION FOR SURGERY OF TRAUMA
- Member DISASTER MEDICAL ASSISTANCE TEAM
- Member SOCIETY OF CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE
- Member AMERICAN TRAUMA SOCIETY
- Member AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Member American Association for the Surgery of Trauma (AAST)
- Member Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (east)
- Member Saint Luke's Care
- Orlando Reg Healthcare Sys, Surgery Critical Care-Surgery; Maricopa Med Ctr, General Surgery
- Maricopa Medical Center 1993
- Maricopa Medical Center 1994
- Orlando Health Program
- SURGICAL CRITICAL CARE, ORLANDO REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, ORLANDO, FL 1998
- Surgery/Traumatology & Critical Care, Orlando Regional Health Program, Orlando, FL 2000
- Orlando Regional Medical Center, Trauma, FL, USA 2000
- Orlando Regional Medical Center, Surgical Critical Care, FL, USA 1999
- Maricopa Integrated Health System
- Surgery, Traumatology and Critical Care, Orlando Regional Health Program
Professional Society Memberships
- Past President and Vice President of The Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma, The American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work and determination
Hobbies / Sports
- Watching and Participating in Sports, Scuba Diving, Collector of Diecast EMS and Fire Models
Dr. Scott G. Sagraves MD's Practice location
Kansas City, Missouri 64108Get Direction
TEMPLE, TX 76508Get Direction
Greenville, NC 27834Get Direction
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Scott G. Sagraves MD | Trauma Surgeon | Trauma Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Scott G. Sagraves MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are the Methods to Lower Cholesterol Levels?
Worried about your cholesterol and triglyceride levels? Planning to take another blood test to check on your cholesterol levels? Did you get a warning from your physician regarding elevated levels of triglycerides and LDL (low density lipoproteins, the ‘bad’ cholesterol) cholesterol in your...
- WNBA Player Inspires Others After Battle with Breast Cancer
Tiffany Jackson-Jones grew up near Dallas, Texas. She has always loved the sport of basketball and that has not changed through the years. Growing up she played ball for Duncansville High School, where she was named a WBCA All-American. During her college years at The University of Texas, ESPN named...
- The History of Lupus
Introduction Lupus is an autoimmune medical condition. In this condition, the body’s regular defense system mistakenly attacks the healthy tissues of the body instead of foreign invaders such as bacteria, viruses, and other harmful substances. The attack can cause inflammation in the body.Lupus...
OverviewA seizure is a sudden event caused by an uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain. When a seizure happens, you lose control of your body, possibly lose consciousness, and convulse. Seizures can also cause behavioral changes and changes in the levels of your consciousness, including...
- What Is a Psychosomatic Disorder?
What is a psychosomatic disorder?It is a disorder wherein physical symptoms develop due to mental factors. The term "psyche" refers to the word "mind" and "somatic" means the observed physical signs and symptoms of the disease. Every disease has physical and mental components, so most diseases are...
- How Are Imaging Tests Used For Bloody Urine?
The external physical examination is over, and a detailed medical history has been discussed with the doctor. The next step - urinalysis of the latest urine sample - indicates more than three red blood cells occupying the microscopic viewing arena. The dipstick test shows the presence of blood in...
- Dr. Henry Scott Bjerke MD6420 Prospect Ave Kansas City MO 64132
- Dr. Thomas M Reardon MD2750 CLAY EDWARDS DR NORTH KANSAS CITY MO 64116
- Dr. Michael Moncure MD2301 HOLMES ST KANSAS CITY MO 64108
- Dr. Christian D. Jones MD3901 Rainbow Blvd Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Dustin Ryan Neel M.D.2101 Charlotte St Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. John M Webb MD6400 Prospect Ave Kansas City MO 64132