Dr. Lisa P. Maestas D.O.
Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology4650 Jefferson Ln Ne Albuquerque NM, 87109
I am a radiation oncologist at the Rockwood Cancer and Blood Specialty Center in Spokane Washington.
Education and Training
DO at West Virginia University
The American Board of Radiology- Radiation Oncology and American Osteopathic Board of Radiology- Radiation Oncology
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
Areas of expertise and specialization
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
What do you attribute your success to?
Training as an Osteopathic physician and mywillingness to collaborate with oncology peers locally and across the country to gain perspectives and input.
Wider Circle based in Washington DC
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking, Camping, Cycling, Healthy Coking, Art and Cub Scouts
Favorite professional publications
- All major medical publications, books and journals
Dr. Lisa P. Maestas D.O.'s Practice location
Spokane Valley, Washington 99216Get Direction
Albuquerque, NM 87109Get Direction
Dr. Lisa P. Maestas D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Maestas
- Radiation Therapy vs Chemotherapy
Radiation TherapyIn this method, the doctors will use gamma rays, x-rays, and charged particles that will be directed at, implanted, or introduced directly into the blood stream. In this form of treatment, you will find the three types of therapy that will all be described according to way they...
- Three-Week Chemotherapy Dosing Reconfirmed as First-Line Treatment of Ovarian Cancer
Chemotherapy as a treatment option for cancer has existed for decades, and has long been the standard of care and first line of treatment for almost all forms of cancer. The term is an umbrella term referring to the use of medicines to halt the growth of cancerous tumors and to kill off cancerous...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- What Are the Side Effects of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy, also known as radiotherapy, is a procedure that is used mainly to treat cancer and other conditions such as thyroid disorders, non-cancerous growths, and blood disorders. Just like other types of treatment, radiotherapy often causes side effects. The side effects generally depend...
- Dr. Gregg Franklin MD4901 Lang Ave Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Bryan W Goss MD4901 Lang Ave Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Amanda J Story M.D.4650 Jefferson Ln Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Paul A Anthony MD4650 Jefferson Ln Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Charles D. Stutzman M.D.4650 Jefferson Ln Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Thomas Mcneil Schroeder M.D.4650 Jefferson Ln Ne Albuquerque NM 87109