Dr. Brandi K. Boan PSYD
Psychologist | Clinical6090 Strathmoor Rockford Illinois, 61107
Provides individual and family therapy with patients of all ages; including offering a range of behavioral, emotional, cognitive, and neuropsychological assessments for children and adults. Assessment expertise in the areas of:
•Traumatic brain injuries and post concussion syndrome
•Ischemic attacks, strokes, vascular disorders
•Brain tumors and impairments secondary to chemotherapy and radiation
•Emotional and stress related disorders (PTSD)
•Degenerative disorders, such as parkinsons disease
•Attention deficit disorders
•Autism spectrum disorders
•Bariatric surgery candidates
Education and Training
Doctorate Degree at Adler University
Postdoctorate Degree at Mathers Clinic
Farleigh Dickinson MSCP 2018
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional and National Public Speaking -
- American Academy for Clinical Neuropsychology
Dr. Brandi K. Boan PSYD's Practice location
Rockford, Illinois 61107Get Direction
Elgin, Il 60123Get Direction
Romeoville, IL 60446Get Direction
Dr. Brandi K. Boan PSYD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Boan
- What is Trichotillomania?
Trichotillomania, or hair pulling disorder, is a mental disorder in which people have a strong desire and urge to pull out hair from different parts of their body, including the scalp and eyebrows. In this type of disorder — also considered an impulse control disorder — one finds it hard to...
- How Mismatched Sex Drives Can Impact Your Relationship
The importance of sex often differs in each individual and each relationship. To some, it is a crucial part of any romantic endeavor. For others, it is not necessary and is more of a nuisance. But what happens when the importance of sex differs between marriage partners?How Important is Sex?Many...
- Autism: How to Handle a Child Running Away from School
As many know, children with autism spectrum disorder are prone to wandering behaviors, leading to a constant worry for many parents. These worries came true recently when a child ran away from school in East Harlem. While these dangers are always present, there are certain precautions both parents...
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Breast Cancer
When thinking about breast cancer it is important that we remember that this diagnosis will impact all aspects of a patient and their family’s life. Post-Traumatic Stress disorder (PTSD) has been shown to not only be present in people with a breast cancer diagnosis, but also to possibly play a...
- Is Schizophrenia a Genetic Disorder?
The organic studies of schizophrenia outnumber, by far, the psychological ones.The quantity of these works and the variety of directions that they have taken reveal that no breakthrough has been made. Even in fields like genetics and biochemistry where some evidence of the organic nature of...
- First Place Opens, Allowing Adults With Autism to Gain Independence
Denise D. Resnik and her husband were given a choice when they discovered that their son Matthew had autism: to institutionalize their son as the doctor had recommended, or to love and care for him in the comfort of their own home with a commitment to endless support. Their journey started there and...
- Dr. Frederick W. McNelly PHD972 N MAIN ST ROCKFORD IL 61103
- Dr. Lisa A Breisch PSYD7120 Windsor Lake Pkwy Loves Park IL 61111
- Dr. Cindy A Stear PSY.D.5334 Williams Dr Roscoe IL 61073
- Dr. Kyle J Cushing PSY.D.2823 Glenwood Ave Rockford IL 61101
- Dr. Farah Naz Pathan MD4402 N Main St Rockford IL 61103
- Dr. Patricia M Koltun PSY.D.5758 Elaine Dr Rockford IL 61108