Dr. Robert Thaxton practices Emergency Medicine in San Antonio, Texas. Dr. Thaxton assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Thaxton examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Uniformed Services Univ Of The Hlth Sci- Bethesda Md 1996
American Board of Emergency Medicine
- A comparison of simulation-based education versus lecture-based instruction for toxicology training in emergency medicine residents.
- Refining a definition of medical professionalism.
- The Impact of Combat Deployment on Health Care Provider Burnout in a Military Emergency Department: A Cross-Sectional Professional Quality of Life Scale V Survey Study.
- Trauma Resuscitation Evaluation Times and Correlating Human Patient Simulation Training Differences-What is the Standard?
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- National Public Speaking -
- Director of Emergency Medicine Residency Program -
- San Antonio Unif Ser Hlth Edu, Emergency Medicine; Wilford Hall Med Ctr Aetc, General Surgery
- Brooke Army Medical Center
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work and community service.
Hobbies / Sports
- Wood Working, Soccer
Favorite professional publications
- Critical Care Nurse Journal
Dr. Robert E. Thaxton M.D.'s Practice location
San Antonio, Texas 78248Get Direction
JBSA FT SAM HOUSTON, TX 78234Get Direction
Lackland, TX 78236Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Robert E. Thaxton M.D. | Emergency Physician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Robert E. Thaxton M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Thaxton
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Dr. Michael Raynard Magoon MD6496 N. New Braunfels Ave San Antonio TX 78209
- Dr. Stephen Brooke Cox MD8401 Datapoint Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Merritt G. Davis, jr D.O.4502 Medical Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Duane Allen Penshorn MD8401 Datapoint Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Evan Ratner M.D.16403 Huebner Rd San Antonio TX 78248
- Erik Lars Hermstad Other3851 Roger Brooke Dr San Antonio TX 78234