Frank Johnson Jr., MD, is an established orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine expert with his private practice in Carmel, Indiana. Since 1985, he has provided expert sports medicine care to athletes from elite professionals to high school students in the Indianapolis and Central Indiana area and is nationally recognized as a sports medicine expert. His practice specializes in sports medicine, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, and joint replacement. Dr. Johnson Jr. graduated with his medical degree from Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania in 1979. He then trained at Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital and International Sports Medicine Australia. Board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, he maintains active memberships with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Indiana Orthopaedic Society, the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, and the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
Education and Training
MD at Perelman School of Medicine (University of PA)
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Indianapolis Monthly Top Doctor
- Clarian Methodist Hospital Of Indi
- Indiana University Health, 1985
- Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital
- International Sports Medicine Australia
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Indiana Orthopaedic Society, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Scientific curiosity and the love of doing his best for his patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Indiana University Health- North Hospital
- St.Vincent Carmel Hospital
Dr. Frank Johnson Jr. M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Frank Johnson Jr. M.D. | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Frank Johnson Jr. M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Johnson Jr.
- Muscle Relaxants for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is known as a muscle-related pain syndrome or myofascial pain syndrome. It can be due to a general type of pain such as muscle pain or back pain, and certain tender areas in the body. Individuals suffering from fibromyalgia would have various tender spots in the...
- What Is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
This is a type of surgery used in treating spinal stenosis, a condition that occurs due to the narrowing of space between the spinal vertebrae. In order to have a better understanding about spinal stenosis surgery, it is important to have a clear idea about the conditions which lead to this...
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Joseph Riina8450 Northwest Boulevard Indianapolis Indiana 46278
- Dr. Richard W. Eaton MD7930 North Shadeland Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46250
- Dr. Douglas August Kuhn MD1 Memorial Square Indianapolis Indiana 46250
- Dr. Douglas Kevin Scheid MD1801 N. Senate Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Judd Edward Cummings M.D.550 University Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Joseph Douglas Smucker MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242