Richard Chasin, MD, is an established psychiatrist with a private practice in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He received his medical degree at Harvard Medical School and trained at Tufts Medical Center. He has 40 years of experience and is board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. A member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Dr. Chasin is a Founding Associate of the Public Conversations Project. He was a founding director of Harvard's Center for Psychology and Social Change and, in collaboration with Rick Lee, PhD, the psychological component of the intensive Harvard Law School course on negotiation that is available to all graduate students at Harvard.
Education and Training
MD at Harvard Medical School
Harvard Medical School 1960
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1960
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Clinical Professor, Harvard Medical School, 1985-2010 -
- Wrote Curriculum, Harvard Medical School -
- Mass Mntl Hlth Ctr, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Mass Mntl Hlth Ctr, Psychiatry; New England Med Ctr Hosps, Internal Medicine
- Tufts Medical Center (New England) Program
- Tufts Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her passion, interest and her mother's depression when she was 14 years old.
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Richard Chasin M.D.'s Practice location
Cambridge, MA 02138 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard Chasin M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard Chasin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Bipolar Disorder: Get the Facts
Life is a series of peaks and valleys as we try to experience, explore, and feel different things all throughout it. That's just the way life is for most of us, and we learn to navigate life's challenges and grow from our experiences. But for people with bipolar disorder, life takes on a much more...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- How to Cope with Your Depression
After being diagnosed with depression, it is important to learn how to cope with it and not fall into despair, as this could lead to severe consequences. Take the prescribed medicationAntidepressants may be prescribed to help improve your mood and enable you to return to your regular activities....
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- What Are Hallucinations?
In psychiatry, hallucinations are defined as a perception experienced in the absence of an external stimulus to the corresponding sense organ. In simple terms, hallucinations are when people see, hear, feel, smell, or taste things that really don’t exist outside of their minds. For a...
- Psychotherapy for Depression
If you have depression, the most recommended treatment for you would be psychotherapy. The term psychotherapy, which is also known as therapy, in short, involves various techniques of treatment. During therapy, you talk to a licensed, trained, and experienced therapist in mental health care. The...
- Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D. 1 Mt Vernon St Winchester Massachusetts 01890
- Robert D. Mehlman 14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD 345 Boylston Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD 38 Crafts St Newton MA 02458
- Laura Ellen Dinerstein Other 94 Pleasant St Arlington MA 02476-6535
- Dr. Daniel W. Rosenn M.D. 310 Washington St Wellesley Hills MA 02481