Richard Chasin, MD, is an established psychiatrist with a private practice in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He received his medical degree at Harvard Medical School and trained at Tufts Medical Center. He has 40 years of experience and is board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. A member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Dr. Chasin is a Founding Associate of the Public Conversations Project. He was a founding director of Harvard's Center for Psychology and Social Change and, in collaboration with Rick Lee, PhD, the psychological component of the intensive Harvard Law School course on negotiation that is available to all graduate students at Harvard.
Education and Training
MD at Harvard Medical School
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1960
Harvard Medical School 1960
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Clinical Professor, Harvard Medical School, 1985-2010 -
- Wrote Curriculum, Harvard Medical School -
- Mass Mntl Hlth Ctr, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Mass Mntl Hlth Ctr, Psychiatry; New England Med Ctr Hosps, Internal Medicine
- Tufts Medical Center (New England) Program
- Tufts Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her passion, interest and her mother's depression when she was 14 years old.
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Richard Chasin M.D.'s Practice location
Cambridge, MA 02138Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard Chasin M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard Chasin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Helping a Loved One Cope with Depression
Depression is a serious mood disorder that can really change the way people live their life. However, depression can be treated with the help and support of people who truly care about the welfare of a person who is depressed. Most people who frequently feel depressed need intervention and treatment...
- Is ADHD More Common Among Boys or Girls?
Why are boys diagnosed with ADHD more often?Despite both genders being at equal risk, boys tend to be diagnosed more often because the symptoms they display due to the illness are more obvious and easily spotted. Boys display externalized symptoms, such as running around a little too much or...
- What Is Celexa and Is It Safe During Pregnancy?
Anxiety and depression are medical conditions associated with the brain. While the complexities of these conditions are highly intense, in simple language, they are referred to as chemical imbalances in the brain. The most common medications used when it comes to the treatment of depression and...
- What are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger’s syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate, interact, and socialize with others. This is a type of autism spectrum disorder, and many of the symptoms of this disorder are similar to symptoms found in autism. Generally, Asperger's is not as...
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- What Are the Symptoms of Depression in Women?
Depression has an extreme prominence in women, compared to men, and effects the lives of 15% of women in the U.S. It is quite common for women with depression to leave this disorder untreated, because women typically misread the signs and symptoms. An individual can experience depression at any age,...
- Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D.1493 Cambridge St Cambridge MA 02139
- Robert D. Mehlman14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MDMassachusetts General Hospital Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD1666 MASSACHUSETTS AVE LEXINGTON MA 02420
- Laura Ellen Dinerstein Other30 WARREN ST BOSTON MA 02135
- Dr. Daniel W. Rosenn M.D.310 Washington St Wellesley MA 02481