Richard Chasin, MD, is an established psychiatrist with a private practice in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He received his medical degree at Harvard Medical School and trained at Tufts Medical Center. He has 40 years of experience and is board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. A member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Dr. Chasin is a Founding Associate of the Public Conversations Project. He was a founding director of Harvard's Center for Psychology and Social Change and, in collaboration with Rick Lee, PhD, the psychological component of the intensive Harvard Law School course on negotiation that is available to all graduate students at Harvard.
Education and Training
MD at Harvard Medical School
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1960
Harvard Medical School 1960
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Clinical Professor, Harvard Medical School, 1985-2010 -
- Wrote Curriculum, Harvard Medical School -
- Mass Mntl Hlth Ctr, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Mass Mntl Hlth Ctr, Psychiatry; New England Med Ctr Hosps, Internal Medicine
- Tufts Medical Center (New England) Program
- Tufts Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her passion, interest and her mother's depression when she was 14 years old.
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Richard Chasin M.D.'s Practice location
Cambridge, MA 02138 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard Chasin M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard Chasin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- 10 Tips For Managing and Reducing Anxiety
Living with constant and excessive anxiety is not easy. Many people with anxiety struggle every day to find relief, but often fall short. This is because controlling anxiety is a long-term process and cannot be completed overnight. If you truly want to learn to manage your anxiety and regain control...
- What are the Symptoms of ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, is a condition that can affect learning and one's ability to mingle with others. As the name indicates, a lack of attention and hyperactivity are the major symptoms, which would be seen at a level that is inconsistent with the growth and...
- When Do the Symptoms of Autism Begin to Surface?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects children as early as infancy. It is usually characterized by delay in or deviation from standard patterns of development, primarily in areas such as social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication and interests.A lifelong condition, the exact...
- ADHD in Children
ADHD usually develops during childhood, and there have been no cases of the condition occurring in adults who didn’t have it in their childhood. As a result, ADHD is best diagnosed and managed during childhood and for the rest of the life. When it comes to spotting ADHD symptoms in children, the...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- What Are Hallucinations?
In psychiatry, hallucinations are defined as a perception experienced in the absence of an external stimulus to the corresponding sense organ. In simple terms, hallucinations are when people see, hear, feel, smell, or taste things that really don’t exist outside of their minds. For a...
- Dr. Ruxandra Carp M.D. 1 Mt Vernon St Winchester Massachusetts 01890
- Robert D. Mehlman 14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD 345 Boylston Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Tilottoma Mukherjee MD 38 Crafts Street Newton Massachusetts 02458
- Laura Ellen Dinerstein Other 94 Pleasant Street Arlington Massachusetts 02476-6535
- Dr. Daniel W. Rosenn M.D. 310 Washington St Wellesley MA 02481