Dr. Cathy Bell practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Honolulu, HI. Dr. Bell evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Bell seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
MD at John A. Burns School of Medicine
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Child
Pediatric and Adolescent Psychiatry
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- A complementary alternative medicine (CAM) medical school curriculum.
- The National Center on Indigenous Hawaiian Behavioral Health study of prevalence of psychiatric disorders in native Hawaiian adolescents.
- Resilience, family adversity and well-being among Hawaiian and non-Hawaiian adolescents.
- Curricular adaptations in inpatient child psychiatry for the 21st century: the Flexner model revisited.
- Implementation of problem-based learning in child and adolescent psychiatry: shared experiences of a special-interest study group.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
What do you attribute your success to?
- Working with consultants and partners, caring for families and studying under Charles Fishman.
Hobbies / Sports
- Going to the Beach
Dr. Cathy K. Bell M.D's Practice location
Honolulu, HI 96816Get Direction
WAIPAHU, HI 96797Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Cathy K. Bell M.D | Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Cathy K. Bell M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bell
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Dr. Daniel W Ulrich MD3627 Kilauea Ave Honolulu HI 96816
- Dr. Kenton Ko M.D.860 Fourth St Pearl City HI 96782
- Dr. Shaylin P.y.k. Chock M.D.14445 Olive View Dr Rm 6B119-H Sylmar CA 91342
- Dr. Nathan Stewart Ellis MD1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center HI 96859
- Dr. David Erich Roth MD3036 Diamond Head Rd. Honolulu HI 96815
- Dr. Rodney K. Yamaki M.D.99-080 Kauhale St Aiea HI 96701