Education and Training
MD at the University of Minnesota
University of Mn Med Sch 2008
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Regional Public Speaking -
- Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma, Dry Eye Disease, Ocular Trauma, Medical Retinal Disease (Macular Degeneration, Diabetes, etc.)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
Supportive Family and strong mentors
Areas of research
- Dry Eye
- Ocular GVHD
- Medical Devices
Teaching and speaking
Hobbies / Sports
- Rock Climbing
Favorite professional publications
- Ophthalmology Journal
Dr. Joshua Olson M.D.'s Practice location
ROCHESTER, MN 55905Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Joshua Olson M.D. | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Joshua Olson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Glaucoma?
Glaucoma is a group of conditions that leads to the impairment of the optic nerve that carries information from the eyes to the brain. It is a progressive condition, which, if not treated, may lead to complete loss of vision. The most common cause of this damage is the increase in the pressure...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Dr. Cheryl Lyn Khanna M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Joseph S Pulido M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Andrew John Barkmeier MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Michael Brodsky MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Michael A Mahr M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Jay C Erie M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905