Dr. Michael Baum is a family practitioner practicing in Edison, New Jersey. Dr. Baum specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Baum possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
DO at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Areas of expertise and specialization
- JFK Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians, New Jersey Association of Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- Published Research Paper
What do you attribute your success to?
- Loves what he does and taking care of patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Tennis, Magician
Michael J. Baum's Practice location
Edison, New Jersey 08820Get Direction
Michael J. Baum's reviewsWrite Review
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- What Is Dysuria?
Introduction Dysuria is the medical term used to describe painful or difficult urination. The discomfort is usually characterized by a burning sensation. Most individuals who complain of painful or burning urination have a urinary tract infection. There are many health conditions that can cause...
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- Suffering from Constant Nausea? Here's What It Could Be
IntroductionNausea is an unpleasant feeling that is usually experienced before vomiting. Constant or persistent nausea is characterized by feeling nauseous for more than 24 hours. Although nausea and vomiting often come together, vomiting may occur without feeling nauseous and nausea can occur...
- How to Get Rid of Athlete's Foot Fast
What is athlete’s foot?Athlete’s foot is a type of fungal infection that affects the feet or toes. This fungal infection is medically known as tinea pedis. The fungus that causes the infection usually feeds on keratin or the skin protein. Keratin is found in the skin's top layer, including...
- What is Degenerative Disc Disease?
Degenerative disc disease is characterized by the breakdown of the intervertebral discs — the soft discs that act as shock absorbers and provide flexibility to the spine. This condition is not a disease, but it is a common change that occurs with age. It is a common age-related change in which...
- Dr. Ashany Sundaram M.D.1129 Bloomfield Ave West Caldwell NJ 07006
- Dr. Neveen A. Elkholy D.O.1150 SPRINGFIELD AVE IRVINGTON NJ 07111
- Dr. Roya J. Hassad MD7206 Narrows Ave Brooklyn NY 11209
- Dr. Thomas Lee M.D.131 Madison Ave Morristown NJ 07960
- Dr. Raul I. Perez M.D605 S Broad St Unit B Elizabeth NJ 07202
- Dr. Nicole Henry-dindial M.D.592 Springfield Ave Westfield NJ 07090