Dr. Tammy Saah is a psychiatrist practicing in San Jose, CA. Dr. Saah is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Saah diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Saah may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Saah treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
MD at the American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectures -
- Chief Resident, Emory University, 2014
- Emory University
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Excellent mentorship, curiosity and patient experience.
Favorite professional publications
- The American Journal of Psychiatry, Biological Psychiatry
Tammy Christine Saah's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Tammy Christine Saah | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Tammy Christine Saah's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are Delusions: Types, Risks, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What are delusions?Delusions are untrue and unrealistic beliefs of a person. A delusion separates the person from reality and imagination. It was previously known as "paranoid disorder", which is a type of serious mental disorder. People with this disorder usually experience delusions associated...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Bulimia?
Bulimia is an eating disorder that causes an individual to consume large amounts of food within a small period of time. After the binge is over, the individual purges to get rid of the unhealthy amount of food he or she consumed. Some methods that an individual may opt for to compensate for the...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Anxiety and Depression
What is autism?Autism or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a medical condition in which a person has challenges with public behavior, speech, and non-verbal communication. Autism is a life-long developmental disability, and it affects people how people perceive the world and how they interact with...
- Everything You Need To Know About Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) — also referred to as clinical depression — and Dysthymia are two of the most common types of depression. While there are some less common types too, MDD is a condition that is quite common among people today. In fact, according to the National Institute of...
- What Is Akathisia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a feeling of anxiety or restlessness. Its symptoms tend to overlap with the symptoms of other physical and psychological disorders. The diagnosis depends on a very subjective feeling of restlessness. Hence, recognizing akathisia can be somewhat tricky. Movement...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- Dr. Vasdeep S. Kahlon M.D.662 Mowry Avenue Fremont California 94536
- Dr. Stanley E. Fischman M.D.2485 Hospital Drive Mountain View California 94040
- Dr. Sara Gandy M.D.401 Quarry Road Stanford California 94305
- Dr. Mali A. Mann MD550 Hamilton Avenue Palo Alto California 94301
- Dr. Kurt Edward Biehl MD1440 168th Avenue San Leandro California 94573
- Dr. Melissa E. Vallas M.D.2045 Fairmont Drive San Leandro California 94578