Dr. Gary Brazina M. D.
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine5450 Lincoln Blvd Suite 300 Playa Vista CA, 900494
Dr. Gary Brazina is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Playa Vista, CA. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Brazina is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
MD at Temple University School of Medicine
Temple University School of Medicine 1974
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional and National Public Speaking -
- He Has Been on TV -
- Medical Service Provider for the Olympics
- Torn Meniscus
- Herniated Disc
- Temple University Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, On the Board of Directors for the California Orthopaedic Association
Articles and Publications
- He has written articles for Red Book, Elle, Shape, Sports Illustrated and Fitness Magazine
What do you attribute your success to?
- His ability to communicate very complicated orthopedic procedures in an understandable way to help his patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Fly Fishing, Red Bull Magazine
Dr. Gary Brazina M. D.'s Practice location
- What Are The Signs And Symptoms of Pleurisy?
Pleurisy: What Is It?Pleurisy or pleuritis is the inflammation of the membranes that line your lungs and the inside of your chest wall. The pleura are made of two layers – the visceral pleura and the parietal pleura. The visceral pleura line your lungs, and the parietal pleura line the inside of...
- Dehydration: Causes, Symptoms and Prevention
Dehydration is the term used to describe the state of the human body when it is loses more body fluid than you take in. Body fluid, mainly water, is lost through sweat, tears, vomiting, urine and diarrhea. Dehydration could vary from mild to severe based on a number of factors, such as weather...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: How to Combat Pain with a Proper Diet
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is characterized by inflammation and pain in the joints, which may be acute in some cases. There are diets that can reduce the inflammation and control the symptoms. These diets, which include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, olive oil, and fish, will also improve the...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- Can Dehydration Lead to Mood Swings?
Even mild dehydration was found to have a drastic effect on the moods and concentration of women, according to a new study conducted on 25 healthy women. The results, published in The Journal of Nutrition, shows that mild dehydration causes mood swings, increased fatigue, and headaches in women.In...
- How to prevent Knee Pain
Knee pain is a common problem encountered by many people especially middle aged and elderly individuals. It has many causes, from acute injuries to complications of medical conditions, such as arthritis. Symptoms of knee injury can include pain, swelling, and stiffness.Knee pain is generally divided...
- Dr. Neal Selim Elattrache MD6801 Park Terrace Los Angeles CA 90045
- Dr. James E. Tibone MD6801 PARK TERRACE LOS ANGELES CA 90045
- Dr. Jonathan Frank MD8501 WILSHIRE BLVD STE 316 BEVERLY HILLS CA 90211
- Dr. Andrew M Blecher M.D.436 N. Bedford Drive Beverly Hills CA 90210
- Dr. Bert Mandelbaum M.D.2020 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica CA 90404
- Dr. Ronald Perelman M.D.18531 Roscoe Blvd Northridge CA 91324