Charles P. Melone Jr., MD, is a hand surgeon with his own private practice, Beth Israel Hand Surgery Center in New York, New York. He is also affiliated with Mount Sinai Beth Israel and has over 46 years of experience in his field. Dr. Melone was educated at Georgetown University and completed a fellowship at New York University. Additionally, he is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is a professional member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and the New York Society for Surgery of the Hand.
Education and Training
MD at Georgetown University
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery- Hand Surgery
- Thumb collateral ligament injuries. An anatomic basis for treatment.
- Boxer's knuckle. Traumatic disruption of the extensor hood.
- Boxer's knuckle in the professional athlete.
- Traumatic disruption of the triangular fibrocartilage complex. Pathoanatomy.
- Ulnar nerve anatomy.
- Do We need to include osteoporosis in today's classification of distal radius fractures?
- Simulated distal interphalangeal joint fusion of the index and middle fingers in 0° and 20° of flexion: a comparison of grip strength and dexterity.
- Four-corner arthrodesis employing the native scaphoid as the principal donor graft for advanced collapse deformity of the wrist: technique and outcomes.
- Tears of the triangular fibrocartilage of the wrist: MR imaging.
- Classification and management of intra-articular fractures of the distal radius.
- Total elbow replacement.
- The acutely injured wrist. An anatomic basis for operative treatment.
- The basal joint pain syndrome.
- Rigid fixation of phalangeal and metacarpal fractures.
- Ligamentous injuries of the hand in athletes.
- Open treatment for displaced articular fractures of the distal radius.
- Anesthesia for hand injuries.
- Joint injuries of the fingers and thumb.
- Articular fractures of the distal radius.
- The thenar flap--An analysis of its use in 150 cases.
- Scaphoid fractures: concepts of management.
- Clinical applications of MR imaging in hand and wrist surgery.
- Hypertrophic neuropathy presenting with ulnar nerve compression: a case report.
- Distal radius fractures: patterns of articular fragmentation.
- Unstable articular fractures of the distal radius. Comparative techniques of ligamentotaxis.
- Wrist fractures in the athlete. Distal radius and carpal fractures.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- International Public Speaking -
- New York University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, New York Society for Surgery of the Hand
Hobbies / Sports
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
Dr. Charles P. Melone Jr. M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Charles P. Melone Jr. M.D. | Hand Surgeon | Hand Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Charles P. Melone Jr. M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Melone Jr.
- Digoxin and Common Brands
Generic Name: DigoxinBrand Names: Cardoxin, Lanoxin, Digitek, LanoxicapsWhat is digoxin?Digoxin is derived from the digitalis plant leaves. It helps in making the heartbeat stronger along with a more regular rhythm pattern. Digoxin is mostly used for treating individuals who suffer from heart...
- What is Colposcopy?
Colposcopy is a procedure which examines the neck of the womb, commonly known as cervix, in a more detailed perspective. It is usually performed after a not so good result from the cervical screening test. Through colposcopy, the abnormal cells are observed as well as the extent on how abnormal...
- How Healthcare Affects Lupus Patients Who Wish to Live Abroad
Lupus is one of those “invisible illnesses” that causes most of its damage internally. There are external signs at times, however, the external damage is only a fraction of what is really going on inside the body. People with lupus experience different conditions, and it’s never the same as...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: The Potential Complications
A gastric bypass surgery is done to achieve weight loss, especially in individuals who are obese and overweight. This type of major abdominal surgery alters the stomach and intestines to limit a person's food intake.Annually, there are more than 200,000 Americans who undergo gastric bypass surgery....
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- Dr. Richard Stephen Gilbert MD64 Commerce Drive Riverhead NY 11901
- Dr. Mark J Mohrmann MD41 Clark St Brooklyn MI 49230
- Dr. Barry M Katzman MD2318 31st St Astoria NY 11105
- Dr. Gary D Breslow M.D.1 W Ridgewood Ave. Paramus NJ 07652
- Dr. Chukueke Tobenna Okezie M.D.351 Evelyn St Paramus NJ 07652
- Dr. Steven Beldner M.D.321 E 34th St New York NY 10016