Dr. Jordan Simon is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Orangeburg, NY. Dr. Simon specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Simon tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
NYU School of Medicine
New York Univ Sch of Med, New York Ny 1994
New York University School of Medicine 1994
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of the Joint Replacement Center at Nyack Hospital -
- Assistant clinical professor at NYU Langone's Hospital for Joint Diseases -
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- 2014 Physician of the Year at Nyack Hospital
- Senior Residents Research Award
- Torn Meniscus
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Hosp Joint Dis Orth Inst, Orthopedic Surgery; Nyu Hospitals Center, General Surgery
- Hospital Joint Dis Orth Institute
- NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases
- NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases 1995
- Hosp Joint Dis Orth Inst, Orthopedic Surgery Nyu Hospitals Center, General Surgery
- New York University School of Medicine Program
- Orthopedic Surgery at NYU Langone's Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Lake Tahoe Orthopedic Institute
- NYU Residency program
- Sports Medicine at Lake Tahoe Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Orthopedic research at NYU Langone's Hospital for Joint Diseases.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgerys, New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons and Rockland County Medical Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work.
Hobbies / Sports
- automotive restoration
Favorite professional publications
- American Journal of Orthopedics
Dr. Jordan A. Simon M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jordan A. Simon M.D. | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jordan A. Simon M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Simon
- What is Carpal Tunnel Release?
Carpal tunnel release surgery is a medical procedure that is used to relieve symptoms caused by carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). Such symptoms include pain in the hand, tingling, and numbness. The procedure involves separating the ligaments in your hand to help relieve pressure on the nerve that...
- What Are the Risks of Carpal Tunnel Surgery?
Carpal tunnel surgery is a procedure done to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. The surgical procedure involves the severing of a ligament referred to as the transverse carpal ligament so that the pressure it was exerting on the median nerve gets released.The pressure exerted on the median nerve causes...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What Is Spinal Stenosis Back Surgery?
What is spinal stenosis?Spinal stenosis is a disorder of the spine in which the spinal chord narrows. Congenital spinal stenosis is a condition in which the spine is already narrowed at birth. Factors that can result in spinal stenosis are herniated discs, osteophytes, which are ingrown bones or...
- How to Prepare for Spinal Stenosis Surgery
A spinal stenosis surgery is a major operation that is carried out to repair defects in the spinal column. Since it is an invasive procedure and a delicate one as well, it is important to be prepared psychologically and physically as they are important aspects to be considered to ensure everything...
- What Is Olecranon Bursitis?
Whenever a bursa is inflamed and becomes swollen, it causes a lot of pain around the affected area. The condition is called bursitis. The inflammation and swelling of the bursa are the causes of pain. The bursa is a sac filled with fluid, which is always located between the muscles, tendons, bones,...