David Wenger-Keller, MD, is an established family medicine physician with a private practice in Fort Madison, Iowa. In that capacity he works for Fort Madison Physicians and Surgeons. Dr. Wenger-Keller received his medical degree in 1978 and trained at the Medical College of Ohio at Toledo. Additionally, he is a member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology and is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine.
He does Emergency Medicine work 6-8 shifts monthly and is the medical director of his local hospice, local EMS services, and two area nursing homes.
Education and Training
MD at Fort Madison Community Hospital
University of Toledo College of Medicine,Toledo, Oh, United States 1978
The University of Toledo College of Medicine 1978
American Board of Family Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and Regional Public Speaking -
- Chronic Pain
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Transient Ischemic Attack (tia)
- Vascular Disease
- Med College Ohio
- MEDICAL COLLEGE OF OHIO HOSPITAL
- The Medical College of Ohio at Toledo in Family Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, The American Academy of Family Physicians
What do you attribute your success to?
- Taking great care of people, being kind and making a positive difference every day one person at a time.
Hobbies / Sports
- Cooking, Traveling, Movies
Favorite professional publications
- All major medical publications and research
Dr. David Wenger-Keller MD's Practice location
Fort Madison, IA 52627Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. David Wenger-Keller MD | Family Practitioner
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. David Wenger-Keller MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wenger-Keller
- What Is Acid Reflux: Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Acid reflux is a common condition wherein a person feels an internal burning pain in the lower chest area due to the stomach acid backflow into the esophagus (food pipe). Once in a while, acid reflux may be experienced. It is a common condition, which you should not worry about. However, if you...
- When and How Is Ferrous Sulfate Used?
What is ferrous sulfate?Ferrous sulfate is a form of iron that can be obtained through supplements. Our bodies mostly get iron through the different types of food we consume. Iron becomes a part of myoglobin and hemoglobin once it is inside the body. Myoglobin enables the storage of oxygen in...
- When Should I See a Doctor if I have Back Pain?
Physical pain brought about by back pain can sometimes be unbearable making sitting, standing or walking a painful activity to undertake. Other aspects of your life might be affected too, such as sleep or your overall mood. Your daily life activities like study or work can also be affected resulting...
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- Holistic Treatments for Mumps
Mumps is a contagious viral infection that is easily transferred from one individual to another through contact with infected respiratory secretions. It’s caused by a virus referred to as paramyxovirus. Mostly, it attacks the parotid glands, which surround the angle of your jaw right below your...
- What is Degenerative Disc Disease?
Degenerative disc disease is characterized by the breakdown of the intervertebral discs — the soft discs that act as shock absorbers and provide flexibility to the spine. This condition is not a disease, but it is a common change that occurs with age. It is a common age-related change in which...
- Dr. Chester Robert Badger D.O.5409 Avenue O Fort Madison IA 52627
- Dr. Michael D David DO1101 E 13th St Grove OK 74344
- Dr. Annette Yvonne Oetken D.O.2104 Cedarwood Dr Muscatine IA 52761
- Dr. Chase A. Newton D.O.5409 Avenue O Fort Madison IA 52627
- Dr. Robert J Goodwill M.D.5 High Pt Fort Madison IA 52627
- Dr. William Napier M.D.5409 Avenue O Fort Madison IA 52627