Dr. Dennis Doherty is an Addiction Medicine Physician in Dunwoody, GA. Dr. Doherty evaluates patients using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Addiction Medicine Physicians provide medical care in addition to consultation for each patient and their families.
Education and Training
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
Umdnj-Sch Of Osteo Med- Stratford Nj 1985
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School 1985
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Pain Medicine
- Lymphoedema: an underestimated health problem.
- Prevalence of leg ulceration in a London population.
- Assessing community nurses' level of knowledge of lymphoedema.
- Sociodemographic factors in chronic leg ulceration.
- Psychological factors in leg ulceration: a case-control study.
- Clinical predictors of leg ulcer healing.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- International Educator -
- Chronic Pain
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Pinched Nerve
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Anesthesiology
- Duke University Med Center
- Duke University Hospital Program
- Duke University School of Medicine
- Duke University School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American Society of Anesthesiologists
Articles and Publications
- Published 12+ Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- A higher power, his perseverance, and diversity.
- St. Mary's Health Care System
- Duke University
Dr. Dennis Doherty D.O.'s Practice location
Dunwoody, GA 30338Get Direction
ATHENS, GA 30605Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30328Get Direction
Eatonton, GA 31024Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Dennis Doherty D.O. | Addiction Medicine Specialist | Addiction Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Dennis Doherty D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Gabapentin: Abuse, Withdrawal, and Overdose
Most holistic addiction centers use gabapentin in one form or another to help their patients deal with addiction. However, many patients have started to abuse this drug after prolonged exposure during the course of their rehab process.Gabapentin is usually available in the form of tablets and has...
- Can You Overdose on Xanax? How Much Xanax Does it Take to Overdose?
Before Taking this DrugInform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions before taking Xanax (alprazolam):...
- How Long Does Weed Stay in Your System?
Reasons Why Marijuana Remains IllegalOne of the main reasons why weed remains illegal is the adverse side effects it gives to its users. Many people are under the impression that weed is simply a harmless drug--when in reality, that's nowhere near the truth. Smoking weed is thought as a fun...
- Flakka: A Gravel Guised Fatal Drug
Flakka, an addictive drug that looks similarly to gravel is considered to be closely related with the synthetic cathinone. The drug is known to cause long-lasting damage to the brain cells and can alter the brain's chemistry in such a way that users can lose touch with reality. Having manufactured...
- What Is Flakka?
Flakka is now more popular than ever, with stories about its use spreading to national news channels. These stories range from hilarious to frightening, which makes flakka so interesting. There are stories of people running through the streets naked, which are a bit hilarious. However, there are...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- Dr. Damon Christian Kimes MD1300 Upper Hembree Rd Roswell GA 30076
- Dr. Michael Cowl Gordon MD4015 S Cobb Dr Se Smyrna GA 30080
- Dr. Shonali Saha M.D.1493 Cambridge St Cambridge MA 02139
- Dr. Vance Andre' Raham M.D.1619 N Grand Ave Connersville IN 47331
- Dr. Thomas George Savel M.D.767 PEACHTREE PKWY CUMMING GA 30041