Dr. Gordon V. Brion M.D.
Psychiatrist | PsychiatryPO Box 292543 Los Angeles California, 90029
Dr. Gordon Brion is a psychiatrist practicing in Los Angeles, California. Dr. Brion is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Brion diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Brion may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Brion treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Santa Clara University
MD at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Dr. Gordon V. Brion M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Hello, I don't think you are "crazy", which is not a medical term. I do think you should find a Psychiatrist (MD) and get a comprehensive exam and family history and medical exam. Goggle a TOPDOC in your area that takes your insurance. If uninsured, you can call your county medical mental health clinic for a free exam. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Graduated With Honors
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American Psychiatric Association and Southern California Psychiatric Association
Articles and Publications
- Associate investigator in the development of a novel titanium micro clip for use in micro-vascular neurosurgery at the University of New Mexico school of medicine in 1987.
Hobbies / Sports
- Photography, Fly Fishing, Architectural Design
Dr. Gordon V. Brion M.D.'s Practice location
Los Angeles, California 90029Get Direction
RIVERSIDE, CA 90253Get Direction
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Drugs for Irritability Symptoms of Autism
Autism is a kind of disorder that affects the developmental side of a person, and it affects social and communication skills. Irritability is the major symptom of autism, which complicates the adjustments in and around the person. The person may show various behaviors, such as hostility, outbursts,...
- How Depression Affects Men and Women
How Common Is Depression in Men?Although it has been found that women experience depression two times more than men, this fact can't deny that men are as vulnerable to this mental disorder as women. According to research, over 6 million men in the U.S. suffer from clinical depression every year. The...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- How Is Autism Diagnosed?
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) describes a specific set of developmental and behavioral problems that affect an individual's behavior, as well as an individual's social and communication skills. A diagnosis of ASD means that your child’s social and communication skills, as well as play skills, are...
- Psychologist vs. Psychiatrist
IntroductionFor individuals who suffer from certain mental health problems, there is always a question that comes to their mind. Whom should they approach for help? How would one know which type of doctor would be right and whom should they speak to? Do they need to go to a psychiatrist or a...
- Dr. Michael Blumenfield MD5901 Nita Ave Woodland Hills CA 91367
- Amr Beltagui640 S San Vicente Blvd, Ste 210 Los Angeles CA 90048-4654
- Dr. Cassandra M. Klyman M.D8235 Santa Monica Blvd Los Angeles CA 90046
- Dr. Deborah K. Lucas D.O.4211 Avalon Blvd Los Angeles CA 90011
- Dr. Carmen P. Gonzales-Nate M.D.3737 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Lynwood California 90262
- Dr. Beverly A. Reader M.D.3770 Highland Ave Manhattan Beach CA 90266