Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology20 W 72nd St Apt 1609 New York NY, 10023
Dr. Pilar Nava-Parada is a hematologist oncologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Nava-Parada specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
MD at Universidad La Salle
American Board of Internal Medicine- Hematology/Oncology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- International Public Speaking -
- Clinical Development Speaker at Physicians' Conferences -
- Immunology, Mayo Clinic, 2001-2004
- Johns Hopkins University, 2005-2008
Professional Society Memberships
- The American Society of Hematology, European Hematology Association
Articles and Publications
- Over 25 Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her perseverance and the support of her team members.
Hobbies / Sports
- International Travel With Her Kids
Pilar Nava-Parada's Practice location
New York, NY 10023Get Direction
- How to Show Social Support for Lymphoma
A cancer diagnosis can shake an individual’s world, and not just the physical aspects of their world, but all corners of it. Although cancer attacks the body, it necessarily also affects a person’s mental and emotional state, and it can have an impact on other people close to the affected...
- Teen Treated for Lymphoma to Play College Baseball
Whether it’s the Dodgers or the Red Sox or the local high school team, they’re called ‘the boys of summer’.While summer is when the teams begin competitive play, they are very much the boys of spring as well.The temperature might be cool, but the air is sweet with promise.The players pull...
- Treatment Update for Hodgkin Lymphoma
Over time, research has uncovered ways of treating Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) to produce an 80% to 90% cure rate. For the remaining 10% to 20% who are either resistant to the primary treatment or have relapsed, their cancer can still be fatal.The standard care for those not yet cured has been a two-step...
- How Dogs Are Helping with Lymphoma Research
According to the Cornell Chronicle (CC), Cornell and Tufts University have received a huge grant for the study of human lymphoma, using a humane approach to test on dogs.The dogs in the study will already have lymphoma and it’s hoped they’ll be cured in the process of this research study.There...
- Arizona Firefighters Raise Funds for Lymphoma Stairclimb
Jackson County Fire District #5 partnered with Dutch Bros. Coffee in Phoenix, Arizona to help raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Scott Firefighter Stairclimb in Seattle, which took place at the Columbia Center on March 11th, 2018. All of the money raised for the stairclimb go to...
- Stem Cell Therapy Puts 4-year-old's Ultra Rare Lymphoma in Remission
4-year-old Jovon Moss was diagnosed with X-linked Lymphoproliferative Syndrome, a rare disorder of the immune system that led him to being taken back and forth to the hospital since his 3rd birthday.Jovon’s journey began in September of last year, when his mother, Brittany Fluellen, first began to...
- David Jin6 Clinton Court Staten Island New York 10301
- Dr. Donna T. McNamara MD92 2nd Street Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Inna Sominsky M.D.1660 E 14th St Brooklyn NY 11229
- Dr. Hal Gerstein MD225 COMMUNITY DR GREAT NECK NY 11021
- Dr. LiHong Wei M.D.17660 Union Tpke Fresh Meadows NY 11366
- Brian H. Kim350 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 7631