Dr. Carolyn George focuses on a thorough, individualized assessment of underlying causes of health issues and biochemical and/or nutritional imbalances that may be making you feel ill. Additionally, she looks for triggers of dysfunction. She utilizes this information to understand how to begin the process of disease reversal. This patient-centered approach better addresses your personal health care needs rather than traditional medical practices.Dr. George spends time with her patients, listening to their histories, reviewing interactions among genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and chronic disease. A comprehensive, customized health plan is developed as opposed to prescribing medication only for your symptoms. This may include therapeutic diets, medical nutrition therapy, individualized physical activity and behavior modification techniques in order to restore optimal function.
Education and Training
MD at the University of Manitoba
University of Manitoba / Faculty of Medicine MD
University of Manitoba / Faculty of Medicine 1988
American Board of Functional Medicine; Board Certified in Urgent Care
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Top Functional Medical Specialist2016The Leading Physicians of the World
- University of Toronto, 1989
Professional Society Memberships
- Institute for Functional Medicine
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- A passion for what she does and helping to improve and create a healthy life for her patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Photography, Scuba Diving, Traveling
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
- Coventry Health Care
- Advantra Freedom (Medicare)
- Advantra Medicare Advantage HMO
- Advantra Medicare Advantage POS
- Advantra Medicare Advantage PPO
- Assurant Health
- Buena Vista (Florida Medicaid)
- CHCFL Emlployee OA CFL
- Carelink - CaroMont Medical Home
- Coventry EPO
- Coventry Flex
- Coventry HMO & Premier
- Coventry Integrated Network (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry POS & Premier Plus
- Coventry Preferred (PPO)
- Diamond Plan (Medicaid)
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Employer Group HMO/Open Access
- Employer Group Open Access POS
- Employer Group POS
- Employer Group PPO
- Employer Group QHDHMO
- FOCUS Network (Workers' Comp)
- Federal Employees HMO
- First Health Network (Workers' Comp)
- HMO Select Network
- Individual HMO/Open Access
- Individual PPO
- MetraComp Network (Workers' Comp)
- National Network PPO
- Prism Choice
- Spectrum 100
- WellPath (HMO or POS)
Dr. Carolyn George MD's Practice location
Sunrise, FL 33323 Get Direction
BOCA RATON, FL 33433 Get Direction
Hollywood, FL 33024 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Carolyn George MD | VIDA Integrative Medicine<p>Internist, Preventative Medicine, General Practitioner</p>
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Carolyn George MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. George
Dr. George is a stupendous Doctor. She is doing everything possible to heal my numerous digestive issues,. She has never given iPad on me.üòäüôÇüòä
I can't thank Dr George enough. After having thyroid cancer I was feeling my worst and my regular doctor ignored all my complaints. A friend recommended her to me and from that day forward to today I feel like myself again. My energy is so much better as well as my allergies. Who would think I was allergic to chicken, dairy and eggs to name a few. I am so happy to recommend Dr George to all my friends.
Dr. George is amazing. She has state of the art technology. She improves life thru health.
Dr. George found the root of my health problems. In a short period of time I was able to be on the right healthy track. I highly recommend her to everyone. She provides unlimited personalization
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- What Causes Constipation?
What is constipation?Constipation is defined as not being able to pass stools in a regular manner, or being unable to fully empty your bowels. Most people experience constipation only for a short period of time. However, it can be a chronic condition to some.Chronic constipation can result in...
- Dehydration: Causes, Symptoms and Prevention
Dehydration is the term used to describe the state of the human body when it is loses more body fluid than you take in. Body fluid, mainly water, is lost through sweat, tears, vomiting, urine and diarrhea. Dehydration could vary from mild to severe based on a number of factors, such as weather...
Oliguria is a medical term used when referring to a decreased urine output. Oliguria is considered when a person’s urine output is less than 400 mL in a 24-hour period. When it comes to infants, oliguria occurs when the urine output is less than 0.5 mL/kg/hr for 24 hours. Anuria is the absence...
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- What Causes Lactose Intolerance?
Lactose is a compound of two simple sugar molecules. It is formed by the condensation of galactose and glucose, found in a large variety of dairy products including milk, cheese, cream, and yogurt. Lactose is produced naturally by all mammals to nurse their offspring’s. In nursing infants and...
- Dr. Vandely G. Perez MD 11348 Quail Roost Dr Miami FL 33157
- Dr. Rudolph Guy Moise DO 671 Nw 119th St Miami FL 33168
- Dr. Ivette Valle M.D. 1435 W. 49th Place Hialeah FL 33012
- Dr. Jose V Coba MD 4800 N State Road 7 Fort Lauderdale FL 33319
- Ms. Francesann Ford MD 3 Sw 129th Ave Hollywood FL 33027
- Dr. Zafar I Qureshi M.D. 99 Nw 183rd St Miami FL 33169