Dr. Edward M. Sonnenberg, DDS
Dentist230 US-206 Flanders New Jersey, 07836
Dr. Edward Sonnenberg is a Pediatric Dentist serving the Flanders area for more than 30 years. Dr. Sonnenberg is experienced in Orthodontics, Sealants, Dental Bonding, Pulp Therapy and Sleep Dentistry ...
Education and Training
DDS at Columbia University
New York University B.A. in Biology 1968
Columbia University School of Dentistry D.D.S. 1972
Dr. Edward M. Sonnenberg, DDS's Expert Contributions
Chewing ice can chip or fracture your tooth. READ MORE
Treatment with braces can be from 12-24 months depending on the degree of difficulty of the case. READ MORE
The first visit should be between the first tooth and first birthday, with subsequent visits every 6 months starting by two and one-half years old. READ MORE
A child does not have the manual skill to brush correctly until the child can tie shoelaces. The child of three can hold a brush, but will not be able to master brushing yet. READ MORE
When your child is able to tie a shoe, the child can learn how to brush properly- it's not based on an age. READ MORE
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lots of Teaching -
- Excellence in Teaching, 1980
- Fellowship, 1989
- Top Doctor Award, New Jersey Monthly
- Top Pediatric Dentist in New Jersey New Jersey Monthly Magazine
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Oral Prophylaxis
- Application Of Fluoride
- Preventive Resin Restoration (also Called Prr)
- Dental Bonding
- Pulp Therapy
- Stainless Steel Crowns
- Space Maintainers Or Early Orthodontic Evaluations
- Digital X-rays
- Metal Free Fillings
- Nitrous Oxide
- Metal Braces
- Clear Braces
- Ceramic Braces
- Fellow Academy of Dentistry for the Handicapped
- Professional Member American Dental Association
- Professional Member American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Professional Member New Jersey Dental Association
- Professional Member Academy of Dentistry for the Handicapped
- Board of Directors New Jersey Association of Dentistry for Patients with Disabilities
Dr. Edward M. Sonnenberg, DDS's Practice location
Dr. Edward M. Sonnenberg, DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sonnenberg
Get to know Pediatric Dentist Dr. Edward M. Sonnenberg, who serves patients in Flanders, New Jersey.
Dr. Sonnenberg is a pediatric dentist serving Flanders and the surrounding communities. He is affiliated with Flanders Pediatric Dentistry, a practice that believes everyone deserves a lifetime of great oral health and wonderful smiles. They work hard to ensure every pediatric, special needs, and orthodontic patient receives high-quality care that’s tailored to their unique situation and desires.
In regards to his educational background, Dr. Sonnenberg earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery from Columbia School of Dental Medicine. He also holds a certificate in pediatric dentistry from the University of Connecticut.
To stay up to date in his field, Dr. Sonnenberg maintains a professional membership with the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, and the New Jersey Dental Association. He is also a fellow of the Academy of Dentistry for Patients with Special Needs.
Dentistry is a branch of medicine that consists of the study, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases, disorders, and conditions of the oral cavity. As a dentist, Dr. Sonnenberg is trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
With over 30 years of experience in the field, Dr. Sonnenberg has treated thousands of patients. As an expert in his field, he has been recognized and awarded many times, including an “Excellence in Teaching” award in 1980 and “Top Pediatric Dentist in New Jersey” from the New Jersey Monthly Magazine.
- Drinking Sports Drinks Can Lead to Tooth Erosion
According to a new study presented at the International Association for Dental Research in Miami, some of the popular sports drinks contain high levels of acid that can lead to tooth erosion, hypersensitivity, and staining. Researchers from the New York University report that the drink may also...
- What Are the Best Home Remedies for Dry Mouth?
Ever felt your mouth suddenly going dry and the need to reach for some water to get rid of the dryness? This is a condition that may occur to you frequently. It is called, fittingly enough, dry mouth. Dry mouth is a condition that can occur due to reduced amounts of saliva in the mouth. Dry mouth is...
- Plaque Attack: Habits That Lead to Plaque Formation
It goes without saying that good habits are the key for healthy teeth without plaque. Richard Price, DMD, spokesman for the American Dental Association, says that having teeth without plaque is easy. One needs to be consistent with healthy habits to have the best results.Plaque is a film of bacteria...
- 8 Helpful Tips to Protect Tooth Enamel
Enamel, the hard coating on the surface of the teeth, is designed to last long even though wear and tear occurs throughout one's lifetime. “This is the hardest substance in the body," says Leslie Seldin, DDS, a spokesperson for the American Dental Association. There are a number of ways by which...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- When are Dental Crowns Recommended?
What is a Dental Crown?Dental crowns are used for saving damaged or broken teeth, as well as when a tooth requires a root canal treatment. In order for the dental crown to get attached to the tooth, the tooth needs to be reduced in size first.A dental crown is a prosthetic superstructure that...
- WIlliam F. Scott DMD161 Washington Valley Rd Warren New Jersey 07059
- Dr. Elizabeth Jean Herko M.P.H., D.D.S.571 Central Ave, Suite 100 New Providence NJ 07974
- Dr. Loay Shadid Deifallah DDS13 WALL ST RARITAN NJ 08869
- Dr. Yusun Gohard DDS205 Ridgedale Ave Florham Park New Jersey 07932
- Dr. Ralph E. Rogler DMD325 Naughright Road Washington Township New Jersey 7853
- Dr. Gregory LaMorte D.D.S.250 Ridgedale Ave Florham Park NJ 07932