Luke Brewton, MD is a psychiatrist at Interlake Psychiatric Associates, PLLC in Bellevue, Washington with five years of experience specializing in child, adolescent, and adult psychiatry. Dr. Brewton was educated at the University of Texas Medical Branch, where he graduated in 2006. He is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and is an active member of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Education and Training
MD at the University of Texas Medical Branch
Texas A&M University, TX 2006
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- General Psychiatry
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Luke Brewton MD's Expert Contributions
Being a high school student is difficult. Multiple classes throughout the day, some of which may be legitimately boring, would be strenuous for an average adult to sustain the attention necessary for success 5 days a week. However, if there is something your adolescent takes an interest in, I doubt they have significant difficulty in attending to these interesting and personally fulfilling/enjoyable activities. What I tell most families is that their child should, like most people, seek a career in something they find interesting. Once they get out of the broad general education of High School and begin to narrow their studies through college or learn a vocation they are interested in, it is very likely they may require less, and eventually possibly no ADHD medication to succeed. The underlying neurobiological mechanism that manifests as ADHD shouldn't be expected to change much from adolescence to adulthood. However, some symptoms are more prone to spontaneous resolution than others. Such as hyperactivity and impulse control do tend to improve with age. READ MORE
If you believe he has OCD, he should see a good psychiatrist for a thorough and comprehensive diagnostic interview. How old is he? OCD does respond well to treatment with a combination of medications and therapy. The therapy should be founded on "exposure and response prevention" techniques. A psychiatrist should be seen on a regular basis to prescribe and monitor medications. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Top Doctor
- Eugene Magazine Top Doctors, Fall 2013
- William Todd Midget Memorial Scholarship- UTMB
- NYU, College of Arts and Science Honors Scholar
- Graduated Cum Laude at New York University
- Dean's List Every Year at New York University
- National Merit Finalist
- High School Marching Band Saxophone Section Leader, 1995-1997
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- General Psychiatry at the University of New Mexico- 2009
- Psychiatry at the University of New Mexico- 2011
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Theta Kappa Psi International Medical Fraternity (2004-2006), American Medical Student Association (2002-2006), Pediatric Student Association (2004-2006), Society of Undergraduate Neural Scientists (1999-2001)
What do you attribute your success to?
Never giving up, never stopping and compassion.
Hobbies / Sports
- Music, Spending Time With His 3 Children and Making Music
Favorite professional publications
- Orange Journal
Dr. Luke Brewton MD's Practice location
Eugene, OR 97401Get Direction
Albuquerque, NM 87131Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Luke Brewton MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Luke Brewton MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brewton
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is an anxiety disorder that a person develops after witnessing a very stressful and terrifying event. In most cases, the person must have faced a life-threatening event or an incident in which serious injury was involved. Events that trigger fear,...
- Is There a Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?
What is a Psychologist?A psychologist is a person who studies and evaluates the mental condition of his or her patient. The education of a psychologist starts with a college degree in psychology. After attaining a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts in psychology, the individual continues school...
- Signs of Depression
Typically, you may encounter feelings of sadness and these feelings normally subside over time so your normal routine can ensue. However, in some circumstances these feelings of frustration and sadness persist longer than expected, and it may affect the activities of your everyday life.The mental...
- The Connection Between Seasonal Affective Disorder and Fibromyalgia
With winter on everyone's doorstep and the snow that comes with it, there are some people who cannot enjoy the winter as much as other people around them.For those who have seasonal affective disorder, they usually do not feel as comfortable as others once the weather changes. Leaves fall, and lands...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Dr. Khatera Ghazanfar D.O.5562 Edna Way Eugene Oregon 97402
- Dr. Anna M. Williams MD2411 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Eugene Oregon 97401
- Dr. James David Sanchez MD1200 Hilyard St Eugene OR 97401
- Dr. Martina C Jonsson M.D.2411 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD EUGENE OR 97401
- Dr. John O Lipkin M.D.1200 Hilyard St Eugene OR 97401
- Dr. Victor B Richenstein MD44 Club Rd Eugene OR 97401