Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge M.D.
Internist2601 W Main St Carbondale IL, 62901
Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge is an internist practicing in Carbondale, IL. Dr. Ruiz Jorge specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Ruiz Jorge provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
MD at Universidad Nacional Pedro HenrÃquez UreÃ±a
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Loyola University Chicago
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians, American Geriatrics Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work, consistency and persistence.
Hobbies / Sports
- Photography, Plays Movies, Hiking, Outdoor Sports
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of the American Medical Association
Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge M.D.'s Practice location
Carbondale, IL 62901Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60657Get Direction
Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ruiz Jorge
- There's No Doubt: Active Children Have Healthy Hearts
Vigorous exercise for 30 minutes every day lowers the risk of heart disease in children, when compared to those who do not exercise. Kids who had regular, moderate exercise for 35 minutes a day had very low levels of cholesterol, triglycerides blood glucose levels, blood pressure, and a small waist...
- What Should I Do if My Child Wets the Bed?
Many studies have uncovered the reasons behind bedwetting and what can be done for improving the condition in children. A report on bedwetting mentions the common misconceptions about bedwetting and the progress in finding the cause and treatment of this condition.Darcie Kiddoo, MD, associate...
- Ways to Include More Fiber in Your Diet
Importance of eating Fibrous FoodsFiber refers to the indigestible shares of plant foods. Eating foods that are high in fiber has several health gains. The digestive benefits of fiber in food are very well known. Yet, fibrous food provides a lot of other benefits for a healthy life. Studies report...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- Smile to Look Younger!
Want a youthful appearance? Then just smile, or so says a new study. In one recent study, people guessed that people who were smiling in photos were younger than those who had neutral or angry expressions. This is another study which adds to the evidence that facial expression has an impact on the...
- John Flack MD, MPH975 S. Normal Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Kelly Colleen Higgins M.D.400 S LEWIS LN CARBONDALE IL 62901
- Dr. Steven M Beatty M.D.513 N Main St Anna IL 62906
- Dr. Rami Abdo MD2601 W Main St Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Abhish Koirala M.D.201 S 14TH ST HERRIN IL 62948
- Dr. John T. Girardi MD2 S HOSPITAL DR MURPHYSBORO IL 62966