Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge is an internist practicing in Carbondale, IL. Dr. Ruiz Jorge specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Ruiz Jorge provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
MD at Universidad Nacional Pedro HenrÃquez UreÃ±a
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Loyola University Chicago
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians, American Geriatrics Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard work, consistency and persistence.
Hobbies / Sports
- Photography, Plays Movies, Hiking, Outdoor Sports
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of the American Medical Association
Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge M.D.'s Practice location
Carbondale, IL 62901Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60657Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ruiz Jorge
- What Is the Purpose of the Hormone Prolactin?
What is prolactin?Prolactin or luteotropic hormone (LTH) is a peptide hormone, which promotes milk secretion in female mammals. This hormone also plays a significant role in pancreatic development, immune system regulation, and metabolism. When women become pregnant, their prolactin levels increase...
- Are Detox Diets Effective?
Body detoxes are becoming a popular fad among society. From celebrities, to the girl next door, everyone seems to raving over this complicated diet. A detox diet relies on a meal plan, or lifestyle change, that would help to remove toxins from your body. Companies are catching on to this trend;...
- Sore Tongue
The tongue is made up of different muscles that help us speak, swallow, chew, or taste food. So when we have a sore tongue, it can be quite hard to ignore.Although a sore tongue is not always a cause for concern, emergency medical attention may be required in some cases, such as rapid tongue...
- Leptin Resistance: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
What is leptin?Leptin has been regarded as the "fat hormone", "obesity hormone", and in some cases, called the "starvation hormone". Scientists discovered leptin in the year 1994, and with its discovery, there was a lot of excitement since it was regarded as a potential hit product for weight loss...
- Background Noise from Televisions Can Affect Your Child's Ability to Learn
Background noise from the TV, when we leave it on without watching it, may affect young children, reports a new study. The study also reports that children in U.S. are exposed to an average of four hours of background noise from the TV. The results from the study were presented in the International...
- There's No Doubt: Active Children Have Healthy Hearts
Vigorous exercise for 30 minutes every day lowers the risk of heart disease in children, when compared to those who do not exercise. Kids who had regular, moderate exercise for 35 minutes a day had very low levels of cholesterol, triglycerides blood glucose levels, blood pressure, and a small waist...
- Dr. Kelly Colleen Higgins M.D.1836 S Macarthur Blvd Springfield IL 62704
- Dr. Steven M Beatty M.D.513 N Main St Anna IL 62906
- Dr. Rami Abdo MD2601 W Main St Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Dean Michael Bosley M.D2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit MI 48202
- Dr. Sukhdarshan S Bedi M.D.1131 N Carbon St Marion IL 62959
- Pooja Sareen MD123 Summer St Worcester MA 01608