Dr. Michael Shillingford is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Shillingford specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Shillingford typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
MD at the University of Michigan
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 2001
University of Michigan Medical School 2001
American Board of Thoracic Surgery- Cardiothoracic Surgery
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and International Lectures and Teaching -
- Society of Thoracic Surgery Looking Towards the Future Scholarship Awa 2005 University of Michigan Tuition Scholarship (1992)
- Heart Problems, Congenital Heart Disease, Heart Surgery
- Heart Disease
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs, General Surgery
- University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals 2002
- University of Michigan Affiliated Hospitals 2001
- CONGENITAL PEDIATRIC CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY, STANFORD UNIVERSITY, STANFORD, CA 2010
- CARDIOTHORACIC SURGERY, UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, GAINESVILLE, FL 2008
- Research-Physiology Cardiac Organogenesis, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 2004
- General Surgery, University of Michigan, 2008
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, 2001; Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Florida, 2010
Professional Society Memberships
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- His drive to help patients and to make each child and patient healthy along with great mentors and instructors.
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- American Sailing Journal
- Wolfson Children's Hospital
- University of Florida
Dr. Michael S. Shillingford M.D.'s Practice location
Jacksonville, FL 32207Get Direction
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32207Get Direction
Stanford, CA 94305Get Direction
Gainesville, FL 32608Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael S. Shillingford M.D. | Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael S. Shillingford M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Dr. Jack John Messina MD3003 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Tampa FL 33607
- Dr. Raymond Lee MD1824 King St Jacksonville FL 32204
- Dr. Nathan Ramsey Bates MD1824 King St Jacksonville FL 32204
- Dr. Eric Lee Ceithaml M.D.800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville FL 32207
- Dr. Mark Alexander Mostovych MD1824 King St Jacksonville FL 32204
- Dr. Derek David Muehrcke MD1824 King St Jacksonville FL 32204