Dr. Semeret Munie M.D.
Surgeon2540 Rochester Rd Apt 9 Royal Oak MI, 48073
Dr. Semeret Munie is a general surgeon practicing in Royal Oak, MI. Dr. Munie specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Munie provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Bachelor Degree at Ithaca College
MD at the University of Vermont College of Medicine
Faculty Titles & Positions
- S. Munie, F. Mohammad, L. Kabbani, et al. Novel Open Vascular Surgery Skills Training Model Accurately Differentiates Level of Vascular Surgical Skills in Trainees and Faculty. Macy Midwest GME Conference, May 23, 2016, University of Michigan -
- S. Munie, F. Mohammad, L. Kabbani, et al. Type B Aortic Dissection: A Single-Center Experience with a Look at Renal Dysfunction. Henry Ford Hospital Grand Round presentation, April 2016. -
- S. Munie, P. Go, K Rosso, C. Thomas. Duplicated Cystic Duct: Unique Challenge for the Laparoscopic Surgeon. Henry Ford Hospital Research Forum, Feb 2016. -
- S. Munie, E Karamanos, N Schmoekel, et al. Clostridium Difficile Infection in Trauma Patients: Development of the Clostridium Difficile Influencing Factors (CDIF) Score. Henry Ford Hospital Grand Round Presentation, April 2015. -
- Administrative Chief Resident Award at Henry Ford Hospital
- Charles G. Johnston Award
- Rowan Award for Best Surgical Intern of the Year at Henry Ford Hospital
- Medical Student Honor Award at the University of Vermont
- Schechtman Scholarship at the University of Vermont
- Sigma Xi Honor Society at Ithaca College
- OMA Gold and Platinum Awards for Academic Excellence at Ithaca College
- First Year Mathematics Award at Ithaca College
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Surgeons, Resident Task Force Member, Sharps Injury Reduction Task Force Member, Resident Educational Committee, Henry Ford Duty Hour Committee
Articles and Publications
- Semeret Munie, MD; Alexander Shepard, MD. Chapter 2.11: Open Repair of Femoral and Femoral Anastomotic Aneurysms. Practical Endovascular and Open Vascular Reconstruction: A Case- Based Approach. CRC
- Semeret Munie, MD; Surya Nalamati, MD. Chapter 1: Epidemiology and Pathophysiology of Diverticular Disease. Clinics in Colon and Rectal Surgery. In process for Publication in 2017.
Dr. Semeret Munie M.D.'s Practice location
Royal Oak, MI 48073Get Direction
HUNTINGTON, WV 25703Get Direction
Wayne, MI 48184Get Direction
Dr. Semeret Munie M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Munie
- How to Prepare for a Laparoscopy
OverviewLaparoscopy is a type of endoscopic procedure that will allow doctors to look inside your abdomen using a surgical telescope. The telescope is known as the laparoscope. The laparoscope is equipped with a front camera that transmits the images captured in high definition to a nearby video...
- Reasons Why You Need Hernia Surgery
Nowadays, the majority of hernia surgical operations are carried out as outpatient procedures. Hernia surgery is a common treatment which is less invasive and is associated with minimal risks. There are two types of hernia surgery; open repair and laparoscopic. Both methods of surgery take a few...
- Recovering from a Laparoscopy
Patients who have undergone laparoscopic surgery tell of different stories. They have varying views and opinions. Some say it is a harrowing experience, while others consider laparoscopy a minor surgery. It really all depends on the individual, because every human being responds differently to...
- Recovery from an Appendectomy
The surgical removal of the appendix is very safe nowadays because of laparoscopy, which basically involves inserting a little tube with a camera on it to see the internal parts of the body. In a laparoscopy, surgeons will make a very small incision and see everything in detail while they...
- What to Expect After a Tonsillectomy
A tonsillectomy is mostly carried out as an outpatient operation, where the patient is allowed to go home on the same day after the surgery. However, a one-day hospital stay is recommended if complications occur after the operation and if the patient has a minor or complex medical...
- Is Appendicitis a Lifelong Condition?
What is appendicitis?Appendicitis is one of the most common causes of abdominal pain not only in the United States but in the whole world. It is said that in America alone, 5 percent of the population have experienced appendicitis at one point in their lives. In England, 1 in every 13 people had...
- Dr. Shivana N. Prakash MD43311 Commons Drive Clinton Township Michigan 48038
- Dr. Yanira Perez M.D.4201 Saint Antoine St Detroit MI 48201
- Dr. David L Chengelis MD3535 W 13 Mile Rd Royal Oak MI 48073
- Rebeccah Briskin2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit MI 48202
- Dr. Cheau Williams M.D.18100 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn MI 48124
- Dr. Susan Joan Seman DO6900 Orchard Lake Road West Bloomfield Illinois 48322