Steedman A. Sarbah, MD, is an outstanding gastroenterologist at Tennova Digestive Disease Center in Powell, Tennessee. He provides comprehensive care to patients with a variety of gastrointestinal disorders. His areas of interest include diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures including ERCP, Diagnosis and Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Hepatitis C treatment. Dr. Sarbah received his medical degree from the University of Zimbabwe, College of Medical Services. He then trained at Case Western Reserve University/MetroHealth Medical Center for his internal medicine residency as well as for his gastroenterology and hepatology fellowship. Dr. Sarbah is the Former Director of Digestive Diseases & Nutrition Rotation at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. He is board certified in gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine- Gastroenterology and maintains active memberships with the American Gastroenterological Association and the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
Education and Training
Universty of Zimbabwe
College of Medical Services
The Godfrey Huggins School of Medicine, University Of MD
American Board of Internal Medicine- Gastroenterology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Former Director of Digestive Diseases & Nutrition Rotation at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine -
- Teaching Awards
- Metrohealth Med Ctr, Gastroenterology Metrohealth Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- MetroHealth Medical Center
- Case Western Reserve University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Gastroenterological Association, The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
What do you attribute your success to?
Hobbies / Sports
- Music, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- Red Journal, New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Steedman A. Sarbah M.D.'s Practice location
, TN 37920Get Direction
KNOXVILLE, TN 37923Get Direction
Columbia, SC 29209Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Steedman A. Sarbah M.D. | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Steedman A. Sarbah M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is C. Diff Infection?
There are thousands of species of harmless and useful bacteria residing in our digestive system, and they normally maintain a balance among themselves. If the balance is thrown off track, these good bacteria can cause a number of illnesses. One such bacterium in our gut is Clostridium difficile (C....
- Crohn's Disease: "I Felt Like I'd Eaten Knives"
Jean Alys Barker, Baroness Trumpington, has been an important figure in the political landscape of the United Kingdom for decades. Her grandson, Chris, has Crohn’s disease.The 95 year old Baroness has retired from politics, but was a recent guest editor on BBC’s Today show. Her segment about her...
- Hemorrhoids: Is There a Cure?
There are a number of ways to go about curing hemorrhoids once you have been diagnosed.Home remediesHemorrhoids are caused by swollen blood vessels in the anal region, but the condition is not serious. The idea behind home remedies is to make the person comfortable enough to resume regular...
- How Is Hepatitis C Transmitted?
Hepatitis CHepatitis C causes inflammation of the liver. The incubation period of the hepatitis C virus is 6-7 weeks. After the incubation period, symptoms begin to show. However, approximately 80 percent of people with acute hepatitis may show no symptoms. Other types of hepatitis are hepatitis A...
- How to Use Acupuncture to Treat IBS
Irritable bowel syndrome is also referred to as mucous colitis or spastic colon. It’s labeled a syndrome since it involves multiple symptoms that vary from each person who is affected. It’s a mobility disorder of the large and small intestines. IBS-related symptoms include constipation,...
- The Real, Everyday Differences Between Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s
If you are experiencing chronic gastrointestinal issues, you may have ulcerative colitis (UC) or Crohn’s disease. Both are two of the most common types of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), affecting more than 1.6 million Americans. ...
- Dr. Carlos A Rollhauser MD1928 Alcoa Highway Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Ramanujan Samavedy M.D.1928 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Sangeeta Gulati MD1928 Alcoa Highway Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. John A Stancher MD1928 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Benjamin P Dalton MD1928 ALCOA HWY KNOXVILLE TN 37920
- Dr. Thomas L Young MD1928 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920