Dr. Robert E. Weissinger DO
Hospice and Palliative Care Specialist | Hospice and Palliative Medicine303 S 7th St Suite B Stuart IA, 50250
Dr. Robert Weissinger is a hospice and palliative care specialist practicing in Stuart, IA. Dr. Weissinger provides care to people who are seriously ill. As a hospice and palliative care specialist, Dr. Weissinger works to relieve the pain and suffering of people who have a severe medical condition and are in a critical state. Hospice and palliative care specialists try to improve the quality of life for a person who may not have much time left to live.
Education and Training
DO at Des Moines University
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences 1989
American Board of Family Medicine- Hospice & Palliative Care
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- National Public Speaking -
- Associate Professor of Family Medicine at the University of North Dakota -
- Iowa Commendation Service Medal
- Mercy Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Florida Osteopathic Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- A desire for the best patient care throughout their life cycle. Also, management expertise gained from the National Guard has instilled a desire to promote the best quality care that is attuned to the patients' needs and desires, backed by evidence based structures and research.
Hobbies / Sports
- Shooting Sports, Private Pilot, Scuba
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
Dr. Robert E. Weissinger DO's Practice location
Stuart, IA 50250Get Direction
Plant City, Florida 33566Get Direction
DES MOINES, IA 50313Get Direction
Dr. Robert E. Weissinger DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Weissinger
- What is a Nerve Ablation?
Nerve ablation is the destruction of nerves to minimize particular types of chronic pain by inhibiting the transfer of pain signals. There are various ways of ablating nerves. For instance by utilizing heat, cold or chemicals.The first thing that a doctor does is discovering the nerves where the...
- Prozac Side Effects
Prozac, also called Fluoxetine, is an anti-depressant drug that is used to treat mental problems. It does this by affecting the chemicals in the brain, which may be unbalanced due to panic, anxiety, or depression. It is a drug that is used to treat mental problems, and it must be prescribed by a...
- Can I Get Pregnant if I'm Older Than 35-years-old?
Women who want to get pregnant, but are older than 35-years-old are commonly weary about possible complications if they become pregnant. There are many women who have given birth to healthy babies when they were in their late 30s and even 40s. However, there are a few risks to a pregnancy if the...
- What Are the Best Exercises and Diets For Weight Loss?
Needless to say, a healthy diet and regular exercise is a must for any weight loss program. Many people focus on strict diet to lose weight while others concentrate on strenuous exercise to drop the extra pounds. But most depend on reducing the calorie intake and regularly working out to shed the...
- Tips on Living with Leukemia
Leukemia is defined as the cancer of blood or bone marrow which is responsible for the production of blood cells. A person who has leukemia generally suffers from an abnormal production of blood cells specially leukocytes, also known as white blood cells, that are responsible to protect the body...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...