Dr. Cigal Shaham M.D., M.SC.
Pediatrician6221 Wilshire Boulevard Suite 215 Los Angeles California, 90048
Dr. Cigal Shaham is a pediatrician practicing in Los Angeles, California. Dr. Shaham is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Shaham diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Shaham can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
American Board of Pediatrics
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Dean's Award
- Maria Ferrari Award
Professional Society Memberships
- Los Angeles Pediatric Society, American Academy of Pediatrics, Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
Dr. Cigal Shaham M.D., M.SC.'s Practice location
Los Angeles, California 90048Get Direction
Valhalla, NY 10595Get Direction
- Febrile Seizures Are Linked to Childhood Vaccines
Fevers leading to seizures, or febrile seizures, are terrifying to the parents and as per a new study, these seizures are somehow linked to certain vaccinations administered in childhood. Researchers from Denmark have shown that a combination of vaccines that protect against diseases, like...
- Gastroenteritis in Children: Signs of Dehydration
Gastroenteritis is an intestinal infection that is caused by poorly prepared foods, contaminated water, etc. It can cause diarrhea, nausea, headache, and vomiting.What causes it?Gastro is caused by viruses. They include:• Rotavirus• AdenovirusHow is the gastroenteritis virus passed?Children can...
- Is There a Relationship Between Autism and Vaccinations?
What the research showsSeveral studies have been carried out among children and adults to try and establish if there really is a link between the two, but the largest of them all was recently published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.The study was conducted to establish any link...
- Century-Old Drug Could Be a New Approach to Autism Treatment
What is suramin?Suramin is a drug that was developed about 100 years ago to treat parasite-borne illnesses such as African sleeping sickness and river blindness. The drug has been around since then, and is actually relatively cheap to manufacture and distribute. A single one-month dose to treat one...
- Former Rock Stars Develop App to Teach Music to Children with Autism
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1 in 59 children in the United States has been diagnosed with autism. Being a complex developmental disorder, autism encompasses several impairments including persistent challenges in speech and nonverbal communication, accompanied by...
- What Are the Symptoms and Causes of Oral Thrush?
Infection of the mouth and throat by the fungus Candida albicans is known as thrush. The same fungus may infect other parts of the body, resulting in diseases like diaper rash and vaginal yeast infections. Candida infections are seen in children, older adults, and those with weak immune system. The...
- Dr. Judy A. Hunter M.D.3565 Del Amo Blvd Torrance CA 90503
- Joel M. Warsh11650 Riverside Dr. Studio City California 91602
- Ms. Erlinda L. Koo MD223 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park CA 91754
- Dr. Meada Pakour M.D.3671 W 6th St Los Angeles CA 90020
- Dr. Victor A Kevorkian M.D.14111 Van Ness Ave Gardena California 90249
- Dr. Mohamed D. Gudal MD13652 CANTARA ST PANORAMA CITY CA 91402