Dr. Giuseppe Palermo M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology107 Longwood Ave Rockledge Florida, 32955
Giuseppe Palermo, MD, is a board-certified physician in hematology, medical oncology, and internal medicine. He is currently practicing at Cancer Care Centers of Brevard in Rockledge, Florida, as part of a comprehensive oncology group and has privileges Wuesthoff Hospital in Rockledge. He completed his medical doctorate at the University Di Bologna, Italy and completed his residency at the Wyckoff Heights Hospital in New York. Dr. Palermo completed his fellowship in hematology and medical oncology at Kings County Hospital in Brooklyn, New York. Dr. Palermoâ??s medical memberships include the American Society of Clinical Oncology, Florida Society of Clinical Oncology, Brevard County Medical Society, and the Florida Medical Association. His area of expertise includes genetic testing in solid malignancies and various cancer related blood disorders. He speaks Italian natively and is fluent in English.
Education and Training
University of Bologna
Univ Di Bologna, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Bologna, Italy 1983
University of Bologna / Faculty of Medicine And Surgery 1983
Universit‡ degli Studi di Bologna Scuola di Medicina e Chirurgia 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National and International Public Speaking -
- Prostate Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth S C-Bklyn, Medical Oncology Wyckoff Heights Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Program
- Wyckoff Heights Hospital
- Kings County Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Clinical Oncology, Florida Society of Clinical Oncology, Brevard County Medical Society, Florida Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- His dedication, hard work, quality patient care, and drive to make a difference.
Hobbies / Sports
- Piano, Family, Friends
Favorite professional publications
- All majory hematology/oncology publications and research
Dr. Giuseppe Palermo M.D.'s Practice location
Rockledge, Florida 32955Get Direction
Dr. Giuseppe Palermo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Palermo
- New Study Discovers How Lymphoma Affects Survivors’ Ability to Work
Young adults in many countries pride themselves on their work. They have worked hard to get to where they are and there is a huge sense of accomplishment in joining the adult world and being able to provide for themselves and their new families if applicable. When cancer comes along, their ability...
- Teen Treated for Lymphoma to Play College Baseball
Whether it’s the Dodgers or the Red Sox or the local high school team, they’re called ‘the boys of summer’.While summer is when the teams begin competitive play, they are very much the boys of spring as well.The temperature might be cool, but the air is sweet with promise.The players pull...
- Lymphoma News: Mother Gives Birth to Healthy Daughter after Chemo During Pregnancy
Chemotherapy has a reputation for its not-so-great side effects. As many people know, chemotherapy is known to cause off target symptoms for most cancer patients such as nausea and vomiting, hair loss, and extreme fatigue. In addition to the symptoms that one may experience during treatment, some of...
- Dance Mom Abby Lee Miller Diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Abby Lee Miller, known for her brutal dance instruction and demanding style of training, is as recognized for her tirades as she is for her long-running hit reality show Dance Moms.Abby inherited the love of dance from her late mother and started her own dance company at just 14 years old. She...
- A Triathlon for Bloodwise
Where would anyone be without friends? There have been many experiences where friends have been a bit of light in the dark. When 30-year-old Alexandra “Pixie” Flather from a town near Aylsham, England found out that her best friend was diagnosed with Leukemia, she decided to take action. At the...
- The Blow Self-Image Can Take During Lymphoma Treatment
Many who have endured cancer treatment experience a blow to their self image, and cease to recognize the person looking back at them in the mirror.However, it does not have to be that way! Here are some of the most common changes, and how to cope with them.Skin changesYou may begin to see your skin...
- Dr. Sumeet Chandra M.D.2290 W Eau Gallie Blvd Melbourne FL 32935
- Dr. Joseph A Mcclure MD1350 Hickory St Melbourne FL 32901
- Dr. David L Hei MD1130 HICKORY ST STE B MELBOURNE FL 32901
- Dr. Craig J Badolato MD1430 PINE ST MELBOURNE FL 32901
- Simon Vinarsky Other1130 HICKORY ST MELBOURNE FL 32901
- Dr. Diely Pichardo MD1430 S Pine St Melbourne FL 32901