Lyudmila Rakita, MD, is a highly-regarded psychiatrist with a private practice located in Brockton, Massachusetts. Psychiatrists are licensed physicians who specialize in the evaluation, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mental and emotional disorders. Dr. Rakita received her medical degree at Kyiv Medical University in Ukraine in 1974 and came to the United States of America in 1990, where she completed her residency in psychiatry at Boston Medical Center. Dr. Rakita is a member of the American Psychiatric Association and the Massachusetts Medical Society.
Education and Training
Kyiv Medical University
MD, PhD 0
Kiev A A Bogomolets/Ukrainian State Inst- Kiev- Ukraine 1974
O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University 1974
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Bipolar Disorder
- Boston Medical Center, Psychiatry
- Boston University Medical Center Program
- Boston Medical Center Psychiatry
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, Massachusetts Medical Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- She came to the United States of America in 1990 and she was determined to be successful.
Hobbies / Sports
- Oil Painting
Dr. Lyudmila Rakita MD's Practice location
Brockton, Massachusetts 02301Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Lyudmila Rakita MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Lyudmila Rakita MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rakita
- What Are the Side Effects of Schizophrenia Medications?
For people with Schizophrenia, the most common and best cure lies in sticking to a treatment plan that involves a daily dose of medication. But, what one must remember is the fact that these medications carry with themselves a large number of risk factors that may present some serious challenges....
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- What Does Trypophobia Do to the Brain?
Trypophobia is a term that was created way back to refer to a certain kind of phobia. It is not an official name and you can’t even find it in the official list of phobias. However, the kind of phobia that this term is used to refer to is as real and as natural as it gets. That should explain why...
- How Are Family Members Affected by Eating Disorders?
People suffering from eating disorders go through intense pain and suffering. But they don’t go through this alone. Family member and friends also go through the pain. It is usually tough on someone to watch a loved one destroy themselves slowly when there is little they can do to help without...
- Robert D. Mehlman14 Netherlands Road Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Benjamin Silverman MD345 Boylston Street Newton Massachusetts 02459
- Dr. Edward Isaac Gelber M.D.1309 Beacon Street Brookline MA 02446
- Dr. Samuel Frank M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Vickki-ann Shemika Samuel MD85 E Newton St # 802 Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Anne Elizabeth Redburn D.O.940 Belmont St Brockton MA 02301